We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit1968 View Post
    I realize that. But it should still not go into thar error. It would go into the login and stop there.
    Ok, good. Just wanted to make sure, so You don't sit and try and try in vain and just waste Your time when it is down.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    I do think that if SSG want a better cross section of players to test the code, they need BR to be open a lot longer; especially for such a major change.

I am really interested in the new client, but no way I could I commit enough hours during the short time it was open to even look up how to download the client and create/transfer a character.
    I totally agree !!!

Being on a holiday here, workers day, I managed to back-up all my mod files, my screenshots (since the file prefixes for saving was going to change I didn't want to risk losing them either), as well as all my settings etc. That was all I got around to when finally at home and by my own PC. I didn't even have time to play the live servers much this week. Reading and posting on te forums I can sneak in and do from anywhere, even at home even if no time to log-in and play. At least I guess I'm now prepared and ready for the next window of opportunity to test on BR.

Test subject:

MSI Z170A Gaming M5, Intel i7 6700, 16 DDR4, Palit GTX 980 (Super JetStream), Windows 8.1 x64 Pro. System on M.2, game on SSD.

Settings:
    Code:
    [Display]
    AllowDesktopCompositing=True
    AllowFakeFullScreen=True
    AllowWindowResizing=True
    Antialiasing=2x
    ConfineFullScreenMouseCursor=True
    FixedOutputScaling=Default
    ForceFakeFullScreen=False
    FullScreen=False
    RefreshRate=143hz
    Resolution=2560x1440
    ScreenMode=FullScreen
    SyncToRefresh=True
    TripleBuffering=True
    WindowedResolution=2560x1440

[Graphics]
    PVMPPerformanceOverride=False

[Render]
    AllowGammaChanges=True
    AlphaToCoverage=False
    AmbientLightBoost=0.20
    AmbientOcclusion=True
    AnisotropicQuality=16
    AspectRatio=Auto
    AtmosphericsDetail=High
    BlobShadows=True
    BloomIntensity=1.00
    BlurFilterQuality=High
    Brightness=1.00
    Contrast=1.00
    D3DVersionPromptedForAtStartup=11
    DisplayAdapter=0
    DistantImposters=True
    EnablePortraits=True
    EnvironmentStencilShadows=True
    FarLandscapeNormalMaps=True
    FrillDistance=UltraHigh
    Gamma=1.00
    GlowMapping=True
    GraphicsCore=D3D11
    HavePromptedForD3D10AtStartup=False
    InteractiveWater=High
    LandscapeDrawDistance=VeryHigh
    LandscapeLightingQuality=VeryHigh
    LandscapeShoreEffects=High
    LandscapeStaticObjectShadows=High
    MaterialDetail=High
    MaxHardwareClass=0
    MeasuredFillRate=65415.82
    MemoryUsage=1.00
    MeshCombining=True
    ModelDetail=UltraHigh
    MultiPassLighting=True
    ObjectDrawDistance=UltraHigh
    OverbrightBloomFilter=True
    PlayerCrowdQuality=0.00
    ShadowMapQuality=2
    SpecularLighting=True
    StencilShadows=VeryHigh
    SurfaceReflections=VeryHigh
    TextureDetail=VeryHigh
    TextureFiltering=Anisotropic
    VideoPostEffects=True
    VolumetricLight=True
    DynamicParticles=All
    FrillDensity=1.00
    PrecipitationEffects=True
    StaticEnvironmentalObjects=True
    FrillTerrainColor=True
    EnableTextureCache=True
    ReleaseTextureOnUpload=True

[Troubleshooting]
    EngineSpeed=VeryHigh
    MaximumFrameRate=121
    Previous experience:

CTD shortly after teleporting to Minas Tirith before battle from any location in any other region than Gondor.
    CTD every time entering The Silent Street instance. During or the second after loading. (Farming was painful).
    Lowering graphics, changing DirectX version, cahnging engine speed, updating drivers etc. didn't help with any of the crashes.

Observations:

No crashes. No crashes!!!
    +10 FPS overall.
    Last edited by ENDrain; May 05 2019 at 12:38 PM.
    Kelewon, Brandywine

Messed with the 64 bits client for half an hour. Felt great. But I crashed to desktop when I tried to TP from Minas Tirith (inside, right after the main gates) to the Lothlorien. I was teleported, though, I was in Lothlorien when I came back.

GTX 1080, 16 Gb Ram, everything set to max.

Was anyone able to test the 64-bit Mac Wine client?
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Quote Originally Posted by Skael22 View Post
    Messed with the 64 bits client for half an hour. Felt great. But I crashed to desktop when I tried to TP from Minas Tirith (inside, right after the main gates) to the Lothlorien. I was teleported, though, I was in Lothlorien when I came back.

GTX 1080, 16 Gb Ram, everything set to max.
    How were you able to run the 64-bit client today? Bullroarer has been offline since Thursday.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Client was ok but bullroarer was down

I always seem to be a day late and dollar short. After downloading the update I had to goto supper. After supper I got to login to the login server but bullroarer was offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    How were you able to run the 64-bit client today? Bullroarer has been offline since Thursday.
    I tested the 64 bits client as soon as I could after seeing the patch notes on reddit. I didn't bother to report it until yesterday, because I thought my issue was common (and since I'm a lazy ###...). Looks like it was not. In the ingame chat, I was the guy who got excited by his FPS in Mordor, then in Minas Tirith (someone replied something like "I have these FPS in Minas Tirith on live").

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Not only for songbook, or convenience plugins, but for example 100% of serious raiding community will be forced to use 32-bit client for stuff like buffbars/buffmonitor Combatanalysis, alerters, chrono... There's some raids or instances in which you don't need but still not having the useful info of combatanalysis or buffbars makes it really painful to raid and figure stuff out if something's going wrong.
    So, instead of having plugins to hold your hands so you can autopilot, you'd have to play the game as intended? Well, wouldn't that suck. Let's hope 64bit stays plugin free.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnaon View Post
    So, instead of having plugins to hold your hands so you can autopilot, you'd have to play the game as intended? Well, wouldn't that suck. Let's hope 64bit stays plugin free.
    Wow, misanthropy and ignorance together in one noxious package. You're a fun guy.

You should probably inform yourself about what plugins can and can't do if you don't want to look like an idiot. There is no plugin that can play the game for you, but many that enhance gameplay, or even make it possible to play for some people with disabilities.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Had my first crash in the 64-bit client from the latest Bullroarer.

I had just leveled my beorning to max level in the eyes and guard tavern and then did some virtue leveling and then set the client to log out to the Character Select Screen. I then defocused the client window and focused my Discord window while waiting for it to complete the logout and it crashed.

I was running in Ultra Settings, everything maxed. Fullscreen Windowed mode.

Core i7-4790K, 8 GB of RAM

Here's the crash report:

Code:
    000076733.904: ----CRASH REPORT START----
    000076733.904: Program fault: ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) trying to write to 0x00000000A27AFB76
    000076733.904: Detailed report:

Current local time: Tue May 14 12:05:40 2019

Version Report generated by CoreVersion : 2.0.143.1 (0x0200008F):
      Language: English (United States)
      CompanyName : Standing Stone Games, LLC.
      FileDescription : 
      FileVersion : 2400.0061.3114.1982
      InternalName : lotroclient64
      LegalCopyright : Copyright © 2016-2019 Standing Stone Games, LLC.
      OriginalFilename : lotroclient64.exe
      ProductName : lotroclient64
      ProductVersion : 2400.0061.3114.1982 lotro_dev
      Comments : compiled Mon May 13 20:26:50 2019 : RELEASE
      TurbineBuildVersion : 2400.0061.3114.1982.RELEASE
      TurbineType : Admin External

000076733.904: ----CRASH REPORT END----
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Had my first crash in the 64-bit client from the latest Bullroarer.

I had just leveled my beorning to max level in the eyes and guard tavern and then did some virtue leveling and then set the client to log out to the Character Select Screen. I then defocused the client window and focused my Discord window while waiting for it to complete the logout and it crashed.

I was running in Ultra Settings, everything maxed. Fullscreen Windowed mode.

Core i7-4790K, 8 GB of RAM

Here's the crash report:

Code:
    000076733.904: ----CRASH REPORT START----
    000076733.904: Program fault: ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) trying to write to 0x00000000A27AFB76
    000076733.904: Detailed report:

Current local time: Tue May 14 12:05:40 2019

Version Report generated by CoreVersion : 2.0.143.1 (0x0200008F):
      Language: English (United States)
      CompanyName : Standing Stone Games, LLC.
      FileDescription : 
      FileVersion : 2400.0061.3114.1982
      InternalName : lotroclient64
      LegalCopyright : Copyright © 2016-2019 Standing Stone Games, LLC.
      OriginalFilename : lotroclient64.exe
      ProductName : lotroclient64
      ProductVersion : 2400.0061.3114.1982 lotro_dev
      Comments : compiled Mon May 13 20:26:50 2019 : RELEASE
      TurbineBuildVersion : 2400.0061.3114.1982.RELEASE
      TurbineType : Admin External

000076733.904: ----CRASH REPORT END----
    Interesting. I tried to duplicate this with the following exceptions, other than hardware, which has 16GB RAM. My settings are not maxed and I alt-tab to a web browser.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

launcher error

client_highres_aux_2.datx This file is missing. Despite switching off virus programme

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    Was anyone able to test the 64-bit Mac Wine client?
    I did today. The radio buttons in the launcher which select which client to run don't give any indication that they have been selected when clicked, but they do work. You can confirm that you are running the 64-bit client by looking at the process name: it will be "wine-preloader" for 32bit, and "wine64-preloader" for 64-bit.

It seems to run fine so far, though I haven't gone beyond Archet. Would have to go to MT and the Pelennor to really put it through its paces.

One annoyance is that 32- and 64-bit clients seem to use separate preference files.

The 64bit client seems like a big improvement over the 32bit client. Running it in Windows 7, generally I had better performance and so far have had no crashes in-game on high gfx even in awkward areas like the Pelennor.

I have had one crash as follows: after playing for a few mins in Dor Amarth on 1 character, the client froze when trying to log in to a different character in Minas Tirith. I have also experienced very low fps/hitching when entering combat in the Minas Tirith Lower Stores.

A minor point: launcher options do not show as being selected under Windows classic theme (they do under Aero)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruflus View Post
    A minor point: launcher options do not show as being selected under Windows classic theme (they do under Aero)
    Interesting, so this is not just a problem with Wine.

I'm not able to switch to DX10/11 on my laptop with the 64bit client. I have an Asus ROG laptop with both a 1050ti nvidia card and an intel card. The 32bit client uses the nvidia card, the 64bit appears to only use the intel card. When I finish the game with the 64bit client and open up the nvidia options it says the nvidia driver is not loaded.

This only happens with the 64bit client.
    Squirrel!

Fixed it! Have to go into the NVIDIA control panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings

Under option 1. Select the program to customize:

I selected 'lotroclient64.exe'

Then under 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:

I selected 'High Performance NVIDIA processor', which was previously set to 'Use global setting (Auto-select: Integrated)'

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue with dual Nvidia/Intel laptop graphic cards.
    Squirrel!

The character selection screen is loading much better. The hobbit sky is back behind The Hill and the T pose on man screen is less evident on my old rig. If only you could render the characters base on my visuals setting before rendering them then having to re-render once you see I'm no fan of the botoxed versions.

It was great playing without issue after selecting detect graphics, can't do that on live without problems.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Once again the game is crashing when I click on play after server screen selection on MAC 10.10.5

terminal logs

003f:err:module:load_builtin_d ll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"OpenAL32.dll": dlopen(/Users/imac/Documents/LOTRO-Preview.app/Contents/Resources/usr/lib/wine/openal32.dll.so, 258): Symbol not found: _AudioOutputUnitStart
    Referenced from: /Users/imac/Documents/LOTRO-Preview.app/Contents/Resources/usr/lib/wine/../libopenal.1.dylib (
    003f:err:module:import_dll Loading library OpenAL32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\StandingStoneGames\\Le Seigneur des Anneaux Online - Bullroarer\\lotroclient_awesom ium.exe") failed (error c000007a).
    Last edited by xraedd; May 16 2019 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xraedd View Post
    Once again the game is crashing when I click on play after server screen selection on MAC 10.10.5

terminal logs

003f:err:module:load_builtin_d ll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"OpenAL32.dll": dlopen(/Users/imac/Documents/LOTRO-Preview.app/Contents/Resources/usr/lib/wine/openal32.dll.so, 258): Symbol not found: _AudioOutputUnitStart
    Referenced from: /Users/imac/Documents/LOTRO-Preview.app/Contents/Resources/usr/lib/wine/../libopenal.1.dylib (
    003f:err:module:import_dll Loading library OpenAL32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\StandingStoneGames\\Le Seigneur des Anneaux Online - Bullroarer\\lotroclient_awesom ium.exe") failed (error c000007a).
    I solved this by add the file libopenal.1.dylib in the directory /Users/imac/Documents/LOTRO-Preview.app/Contents/Resources/usr/lib/wine/../libopenal.1.dylib

Now I only got theses logs but same the game don't launch after clicking play

lotro app logs

002c:fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32d374 - semi-stub
    002c:fixme:imm:NotifyIME NI_CONTEXTUPDATED: IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
    002c:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type _info_names_internal (0x9a5ca44) stub
    002c:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type _info_names_internal (0x3a2860) stub
    002c:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type _info_names_internal (0x91d2de0) stub
    002c:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type _info_names_internal (0x610527ec) stub
    002c:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type _info_names_internal (0x10bc1af4) stub
    002c:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type _info_names_internal (0x640f0ce4) stub
    002c:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type _info_names_internal (0x657bec9c) stub
    002c:fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type _info_names_internal (0x6726c1fc) stub
    logout

wine launcher logs

iMac-de-Imac:~ imac$ /Users/imac/Documents/LOTRO-Preview.app/Contents/Resources/usr/bin/wine-preloader ; exit;
    Usage: /Users/imac/Documents/LOTRO-Preview.app/Contents/Resources/usr/bin/wine-preloader wine_binary [args]
    logout

Quote Originally Posted by Chompee View Post
    Fixed it! Have to go into the NVIDIA control panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings

Under option 1. Select the program to customize:

I selected 'lotroclient64.exe'

Then under 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:

I selected 'High Performance NVIDIA processor', which was previously set to 'Use global setting (Auto-select: Integrated)'

Hope this helps anyone else with the same issue with dual Nvidia/Intel laptop graphic cards.
    Also happened to me. But wait, is Bullroarer open again?
    The Champion of Eriador, Man-at-Arms Melvargil Eaglewing, Lord of the Ashen Wastes.

Geek Pub, Evernight

I made a video of running around with the 64 bit client, so you can see the lag issues I am having.
    https://youtu.be/SlP8PSAsU0c

Information on my PC is in the notes of the video. I'll copy them here:
    This is me, riding around in various areas of Middle Earth using the 64 bit client on Bullroarer.
    My system is an 8 core 3.6 Mhz machine with 16 GB RAM and a 6 gig NVidia 1060 display adapter.
    I am running with the game's optimized settings, per the game client.

The game looks great, but the hitching and lag is terrible. I did not have any significant lag on the first preview build.

I have run the 64-bit client for several hours now with maxed out graphics and have not had any real problems. On live I have to turn a lot off to get the game to run smoothly. There seemed to be a lot less tearing which is a problem I have been having.Virtually no tearing. Mounted combat seemed a bit smoother as well. Everything looks so nice at high settings.

I was worried about getting 64-bit on my older PC. I had some problems at first but once I updated DX11 from the tab in the launcher (thx for that!) everything was fine. Graphics really popped at highest settings and the increased load on my gtx1060 6gb was minimal. Looking forward to doing more testing.

My rig:
    2010 HP HPE-250f
    Intel i7 860
    250SSD x 2
    GTX1060 6gb
    8gb RAM

Anyone have problems with music in 64-bit client? Combat music always works correctly, but looks like music (at least in Vales of Anduin) sometimes starts and ends suddenly. And if you check sound settings during that problems, sound playback in Sound Features can't find device for sound

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast