We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Thanks for the tip! Worked great!

Quote Originally Posted by Aftaminas View Post
    The x64 isn't being recognised as a game, so it is handed to the integrated card instead of the dedicated one. Happened to me on the Bullroarer server and on live

Quote Originally Posted by Aftaminas View Post
    The x64 isn't being recognised as a game, so it is handed to the integrated card instead of the dedicated one. Happened to me on the Bullroarer server and on live
    I was having the same issue as a lot of people, where it keeps me in Direct x 9 mode. When I tried to run the game with my dedicated card, I got this error: "<corestrings.dll not found. Tried to print stringID 205> [205]". Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Last edited by DrZ3; Jun 08 2019 at 05:32 PM.
    The King Reigns and His Son,
    Dr. Z, a half crazy Elvish scientist

Didn't save 32-bit settings but did kill my mouse

Was finally reminded about this and tried it. First it didn't copy over all my options from 32 bit mode so it displayed the character selection screen in full screen rather than windowed. Oh, yeah, and turned on sound.

However, I guess to make up for that, it made my mouse disappear for balance...

Sadly, back to 32-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by groucho42 View Post
    Was finally reminded about this and tried it. First it didn't copy over all my options from 32 bit mode so it displayed the character selection screen in full screen rather than windowed. Oh, yeah, and turned on sound.

However, I guess to make up for that, it made my mouse disappear for balance...

Sadly, back to 32-bit.
    Laptop??

It did that on mine, I got the mouse back by unticking the "Hide Mouse When typing" option on the Control Panel/Mouse settings.

I have found several problems with the new client. The most troublesome, as far as gameplay is concerned, is its lack of proper support for the Mac's 'Option' key. This is weird, since the former Mac client supported this key; I've been using it for many years ... until last night.

Although the 'Command', 'Control' and 'Shift' modifier keys are:
    1) properly displayed in the keymappings control panel,
    2) properly displayed in the quickslot bars (when visible) and
    3) can be set to toggle the visibility of their associated quickslot toolbars when the modifier key is pressed,

the 'Option' key does none of these things:

All keymappings that use the 'Option' key as a modifier are displayed as numbers-only in the control panel
    That's because the client ignores the 'Option' modifier key entirely and moves the number commands to the selected toolbar, eliminating the default 'number' row's keymappings (toolbar 1) entirely
    2) Quickslot keystrokes slotted in the 'Option'-modified toolbar are not displayed at all, even when the quickslot toolbars are visible, unless the 'Option'-modified toolbar is set to 'always on'
    3) The quickslot toolbar to which the 'Option' key is assigned as a modifier cannot be set to toggle visibility, as the key is not properly recognized as a modifier key.
    This means that the commands used in this toolbar cannot be seen at any time, not even by making all the slots visible (e.g., by showing inventory), unless set to 'always on' in the Options panel

The 'Option' key was ported to the 'Windows' key in the previous Mac client. I should think that doing so in the new client would not be a difficult fix.

This is a problem that could stand fixing; without it, the player has (potentially) as many as 12 slotted commands that can only be accessed by memory and for which there is no visual reminder at all.
    And it's playing hell with my gameplay, as I reflexively hit unresponsive key combinations to execute various commands.

I have also noted that, when I login to the launcher, the launcher login window is displayed a second time and remains visible, even though the login credentials have been entered and the 'login' button has been clicked.
    (CORRECTION: The persistent login window and the presence of both 'lotroclient' and wine-preloader' icons during play was due to my apparently having clicked 'Keep login window open' in the launcher's options window. You cannot see whether options in this window are checked or not and I didn't realize it had been checked. My apologies.)
    Last edited by TengwarWriter; Jun 11 2019 at 10:13 AM.
    Valdaquende, lvl 76 Loremaster (Laurelin)
    Pharazir, lvl 55 Burglar (Laurelin)
    http://www.uib.no/people/hnohf/ <-(Middle Earth languages)
    www.elvish.org <-(Elvish writing & languages)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Laptop??

It did that on mine, I got the mouse back by unticking the "Hide Mouse When typing" option on the Control Panel/Mouse settings.
    Nope, W10 desktop

Nope, W10 desktop
    Might be worth trying the setting anyway, quite why my laptop thinks LOTRO = typing is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Might be worth trying the setting anyway, quite why my laptop thinks LOTRO = typing is beyond me.
    The both annoying and amusing answer is "kind of". My business is writing and the mouse doesn't disappear when I'm typing, so I never thought about the setting. It was checked, though. When I unchecked it and tried 64b again, it still didn't save my settings and it still didn't show my mouse in full screen, so that was a fail.

However, unlike that time, which did highlight objects when I was over them but wouldn't let me click on them, this time it let me click even with an invisible pointer. When I set the game to windowed, the mouse appeared. Yeah!

However, now a whole bunch of options buttons are missing. I have Graphics, Adv, Graphics and Audio up top, and Input, Key Mapping and Troubleshoot down below, but none of the ones in between, from UI Settings to Quickslots, is visible. Back to 32b again. sigh...

The both annoying and amusing answer is "kind of". My business is writing and the mouse doesn't disappear when I'm typing, so I never thought about the setting. It was checked, though. When I unchecked it and tried 64b again, it still didn't save my settings and it still didn't show my mouse in full screen, so that was a fail.

However, unlike that time, which did highlight objects when I was over them but wouldn't let me click on them, this time it let me click even with an invisible pointer. When I set the game to windowed, the mouse appeared. Yeah!

However, now a whole bunch of options buttons are missing. I have Graphics, Adv, Graphics and Audio up top, and Input, Key Mapping and Troubleshoot down below, but none of the ones in between, from UI Settings to Quickslots, is visible. Back to 32b again. sigh...
    Well that is very odd.

I would try reinstalling all the other pre-requisite software like .Net, Visual C++ etc, in case some of their files are damaged. There is a recent VC++ (2019) install out, if you have auto-updated to it, it may have overwritten some older files LOTRO needs. I have seen a thread about it doing so for another game running an old, old version.

From MicroGit:-

"installing the Visual C++ 2019 redistributable will affect programs built with Visual C++ 2015 and 2017 also."

it doesnt mention any versions older than 2015, but if it affects these two, it might affect the 2005 and/or 2010 versions as well.

I made some experiments with the new client, lowering graphics,running in dx10,dx9,dx11 but every one fails when it comes to instances.When i join an instance even it is for dailies i crash.It is more stable for a while but steel crashes if you dont change at all the advance graphics and put them higher or lower from overall quality.For open world no problems at all and it is very smooth.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8