We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is There a Reason the Eglain don't get a Curiosity/Reputation XP item?

I've done a good deal of adventuring in the Lone-Lands with my 2nd Alt. I've managed to obtain a rank of Ally with the Rangers of Eglain, but I'm about 12K short of becoming Kindred. I've visited all the known locations where reputation-XP quests are given, but all quests have dried up. Meanwhile, I've noted that the curiosity vendor in skirmish camps sells a Rep XP raising item for every other faction, but nothing for the Eglain? I could run the task board, but oh man 12K is a lot running even with a bonus rep tome! I have a pile of Rider marks, so I could afford to achieve rank if there was such an item to spend them on. I'm keen on eventually buying an Eglain mount, but I'm getting frustrated that there doesn't seem to be any way to reach Kindred.

So...I'm wondering if that's a design decision by SSG, or just something that's been missed or overlooked?
    It seems strange that there isn't an Eglain curiosity-item, but I've noted that the crafting area in Ost Guruth doesn't have all the amenities like a Vault Rep. That makes me wonder if the Lone-lands and Eglain are supposed to be more nebulous within the game setting? Or have I possibly missed something obvious?

Just in case it's a factor; I'm VIP on the Anor legendary server and paying for the expansions with in-game earned LP, so I currently only own MoM and SoM.

If anyone can give any feedback or answers on this, it'd be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Kronovan; Apr 29 2019 at 04:12 PM.

Crafting and deeds and quests, plus also mobs for rep and...instances should get some rep as well.

The crafting quests give 700 rep each.
    with an accelerator thats 1400 rep per.
    you can pick it up and turn it in as many times as you want. no cooldown

for example the woodworker i think is basic fishing pole.
    make about a dozen of them and turn in the rep quest a few times.
    You'll be kindred in less then an hour if all you need is 12k.

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    The crafting quests give 700 rep each.
    with an accelerator thats 1400 rep per.
    ...snip...
    Yes, these crafting quests are very worthwhile.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_Eglain

But, the best thing about getting Kindred with the Eglain is the auto-granted Return To Ost Guruth.
    This ends up being valuable because it is a fast way to get to Rivendell...the rental horse.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Return_to_Ost_Guruth
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Very cool, didn't know the crafting quests were cool down free. I just ran the quest twice and since my ALT has mastered expert scholarship, I crit on every "Bow Chants Minor Foe-finder" crafting attempt - can do the 8 requirement in 2-3 craftings. Awesome stuff, this will do and with the right tomes I should be able to rank within an hour!

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Wow. It’s that easy? I did pretty much every quest in the Lone Lands, eventually getting to kindred and never even knew the crafting quests existed. The port to Ost Guruth is very useful, especially when travelling all over for the scavenger hunts!

I still have a couple of Eglain tokens in my wallet but have no idea what they can be spent on or where they even came from in the first place...

Edit: Boraxxe I just read your Wiki link, so now I know. Thanks!
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

My woodworker bought some basic woodworking gear and I think my tailor did similar. This lowers your chance of critical success (failure?). I can generally make 4 or 5 items before going critical. Of course, a well-crafted lebethron fishing rod can be given to a friend or auctioned off.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

Each instance in Garth Agarwen has 4 optional quests that award 700 reputation each and killing Grimbark, Ivar and Red Maid are 1200 reputation each.
    There is a 2nd boss in the Fortress wing for maybe another 1200 reputation.

I like to do all of the optional quests before going onto the next instance after the bosses have been slain.

That went very well - I achieved kindred standing with the Eglain in no time!

Are similar crafting quests available for other factions?

I'm currently questing among the Wardens of Annunimas, but I'm not worried about them as IME with my other PC, it easy to achieve a kindred rep with them - same for the Mathon Society. Just before that though, I did quests for the Rangers of Esteldin and only managed to achieve a Friendship rank. I've also had difficulty with my other toon in gaining rank with the Elves of Rivendell. Crafting quests like the one at Ost Guruth could really help with those 2 factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronovan View Post
    That went very well - I achieved kindred standing with the Eglain in no time!

Are similar crafting quests available for other factions?

I'm currently questing among the Wardens of Annunimas, but I'm not worried about them as IME with my other PC, it easy to achieve a kindred rep with them - same for the Mathon Society. Just before that though, I did quests for the Rangers of Esteldin and only managed to achieve a Friendship rank. I've also had difficulty with my other toon in gaining rank with the Elves of Rivendell. Crafting quests like the one at Ost Guruth could really help with those 2 factions.
    The following crafters can get extra rep with the associated area by receiving a quest to craft an item:

cook - The Mathom Society
    woodworker - Men of Bree
    jeweller - Thorin's Hall
    tailor - Rangers of Esteldin
    scholar - Elves of Rivendell
    metalsmith - Council of the North
    everybody - Eglain

These items are bound to the crafter and they are the only one who can use them to get credit for the rep.

There may be more but these are all I could remember.

Sashawen
    Level 105 Loremaster

Quote Originally Posted by mewilso1 View Post
    The following crafters can get extra rep with the associated area by receiving a quest to craft an item:

woodworker - Men of Bree
    jeweller - Thorin's Hall
    everybody - Eglain

These items are bound to the crafter and they are the only one who can use them to get credit for the rep.

also
    Weaponsmith-Wardens of Annuminas

woodworker - Men of Bree
    jeweller - Thorin's Hall
    everybody - Eglain

Weaponsmith - Annuminas.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

This is good news indeed;
    ...scholar - Elves of Rivendell...
    That will no doubt, be helpful in getting my Rune-keeper Scholar to Kindred rank. I did buy my Expert, Artisan and Master guild rank recipes at the Scholars Hall there, but I missed that there were craft quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronovan View Post
    This is good news indeed;

That will no doubt, be helpful in getting my Rune-keeper Scholar to Kindred rank. I did buy my Expert, Artisan and Master guild rank recipes at the Scholars Hall there, but I missed that there were craft quests.
    The craft quest giver is sitting on a bench, just in front of the Vault Keeper outside Bilbo's room. And now you will finally find out what all those Torn Scholars journals are for
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Don’t forget the task boards - they made a massive difference to me building rep in the Lone Lands, and various other areas.

Also, Kronovan if you are looking for Rivendell rep then farming Goblin Town is a great idea as they drop loads of 700 point items, as well as a ton of mathoms.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Funny thing is that there actually are clickable reputation items for the Eglain. I used to get them from the lootboxes.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine