We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

yellow line loremaster

I want to spec my loremaster as yellow/red line so I can help out in raids. I find little information on this set up and even less on what legacies are needed on the weapon and book. can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyannah View Post
    I want to spec my loremaster as yellow/red line so I can help out in raids. I find little information on this set up and even less on what legacies are needed on the weapon and book. can anyone help?
    One thing to keep in mind is that most of the time in a raid, an LM will want to go yellow/blue instead of yellow/red. You do this to pick up Catmint so you can increase your Raven's Fire Mitigation debuff (Benediction) from -10% to -20%.

Here are my LIs. From left to right, Staff, DPS book, (imbued) support book, (unimbued) support book:

A few things to keep in mind though:
    • I don't have these set up perfectly because I swap my books back and forth while in combat to get the most out of my skills.
    • This is an old picture from the Mordor Expansion, so I still had Will legacies/relics. I'd recommend changing the Will legacy on the DPS book to Ancient Craft Debuff, and the Will relics to Vitality relics since main-stat is currently useless.
    • The "-x Target Resistance" legacies, as far as I'm aware, are broken and do nothing (have been for years). I just never bothered getting rid of them because I swap books, so don't really need to invest the resources to get better legacies.
    • You want an unimbued book as an LM in raids because of two very important legacies: Fire-lore Debuff Strength and Bane Flare Targets. You need to either use this book permanently in a raid (which hurts your healing, damage, and Ancient Craft debuff), or swap to this unimbued book every time you use Fire-lore/Wind-lore (for refresh) and Bane Flare (to daze more than 5 targets).
    • There are no support legacies on the staff, so just use a DPS staff regardless of traitline. The legacies in this picture are, in my opinion, the best setup for this.
    • Everyone does things slightly differently. I know that other people on the forums have a different LI setup than I do, but we still get equally valid results from it. A good portion of choices come down to personal gameplay style.

I just noticed that on my skillbars in that picture, you can see my Unimbued Staff. You don't really need one; I just keep it for the Cracked Earth range legacy. Having the ability to use Cracked Earth at 45m (with barely any damage) for the root is very situational, but can be useful, especially when running weird group comps in 3/6mans.

There are some outdated/unoptimized relics and/or legacies, probably, but it's what I use for now.

I second basically everything The Colonel said. Here's one idea for trait selection:

Here is a good guide by a great player:

https://youtu.be/6EweuWUqc10
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    -Faramir

Thank you both! I gots my homework to do now

Thanks for all the good info in your post.

So I just came back after a couple of years away, and just recently got my First Age LIs. There are three of the -xxxx Target Resistance legacies on the book. I was already suspicious and had not used any scrolls on them yet. So, these are all pretty much useless and should be replaced?

Target Resistance (Damaging Skills)
    Target Resistance (Debuffing Skills)
    Target Resistance (Fire Skills)

Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    ...[*]The "-x Target Resistance" legacies, as far as I'm aware, are broken and do nothing (have been for years). I just never bothered getting rid of them because I swap books, so don't really need to invest the resources to get better legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzin View Post
    [...] There are three of the -xxxx Target Resistance legacies on the book. I was already suspicious and had not used any scrolls on them yet. So, these are all pretty much useless and should be replaced?

Target Resistance (Damaging Skills)
    Target Resistance (Debuffing Skills)
    Target Resistance (Fire Skills)
    There is an old thread where someone tested the debuffing and the fire skills legacies.
    >> Thread <<
    Yes, this information is old (from 2016), but I'm quite sure no one has been reworking the legacies in all those years.

Conclusion was:
    - Target Resistance (Debuffing Skills) is partially working. Works on the debuff itself, but not on secondary debuffs created by skill combos. (E.g. by the "Playing with Fire" and "Out in the Cold" passives in yellow line.)
    - Target Resistance (Fire Skills) doesn't work at all.

Target Resistance (Damaging Skills) wasn't tested, but since it should work similar to the Fire Skills legacy, my guess is it doesn't work, too.

Also, since all three legacies are rating based, their impact has become rather small due to the stat inflation.

My recommendation would be:
    - if you have the damage and/or fire resist legacy on a any book, replace them if you have a scroll at hand.
    - if you have the debuff resist legacy on a Debuffing book, keep it. There aren't that many legacies for debuffing, and at least, it does something...

For the last week I've been on Vol IV of the Epic and have gotten a few replacement scrolls from that, so I'll put those to good use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gorikon View Post
    There is an old thread where someone tested the debuffing and the fire skills legacies.
    >> Thread <<
    Yes, this information is old (from 2016), but I'm quite sure no one has been reworking the legacies in all those years.
    My recommendation would be:
    - if you have the damage and/or fire resist legacy on a any book, replace them if you have a scroll at hand.
    - if you have the debuff resist legacy on a Debuffing book, keep it. There aren't that many legacies for debuffing, and at least, it does something...