We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Resonant Piercing Cry - Still not working

A few week ago I wanted to know how much the effect of "Resonant Piercing Cry" in the The Watcher of Resolve Traits of the Minstrel involves "Bolster Courage" and "Raise the Spirit".
    (I really don't like to play with an effect not knowing the exact impact)

With the help of some friends and a willingly training-dummy i spend a little time and find out, that "Resonant Piercing Cry" doesn't make a positive effect. Opposite, "Bolster Courage" and "Raise the Spirit" can heal 1/5 Moralpoint.
    So I throw it out and write a bug-report to SSG and hope they will fix it with the next update.

Unfortunately they only fixed Hero's Strike. So now I try another way and ask in the forum to get a solution.

In it's current state: DON'T use trait point in resonant Piercing cry. As you noticed it barely heals 20% of the original heal. Bugged it as well when noticing this. It was mentioned in the Minstrel balance thread too iirc.

Tried it earlier, while it was still working. At that time the difference being in the buff area and staying outside was around +3.2% higher heals.

Resonant piercing cry
    My tests not long ago showed about -50% healing from bolster and rts when Resonant piercing cry was traited. I bug reported and hope others will do the same so this can get fixed soon.

Shielding cry
    I also bug reported yellow line Shielding cry which claims to give a "damage reflecton shield." In my view "15% reflect" should have two components: 1) reduce incoming damage by 15% 2) deal the 15% damage reduced back to the source. However piercing cry doesn't reduce incoming damage at all - it only deals 15% new damage back to the target.

So if a warg does 10,000 damage to you, you take the full 10,000 damage and shielding cry creates an additional "phantom" 1500 damage and deals it back to the warg for a total of 11500 damage - which makes no sense. Instead the warg should deal 10,000 damage with 1500 reduced for a total of 8500 taken with 1500 damage redirected back to the warg for a total of 10,000 damage done to all parties by the warg.

In shielding cry's current form, even if you are taking 20k tps that's only 3k new dps back to the enemy making this trait worthless without damage reduction. In an era where 100k+ damage in raids is the low end from a damage dealer, 3k dps is a rounding error. Minstrels who think this trait reduces incoming damage are going to be wasting time casting piercing cry rather than healing, thus reducing the healer's hps output for a bogus 15% damage reduction so in that respect the current shielding cry trait implementation is also deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by NavarreBlood View Post
    Shielding cry
    I also bug reported yellow line Shielding cry which claims to give a "damage reflecton shield." In my view "15% reflect" should have two components: 1) reduce incoming damage by 15% 2) deal the 15% damage reduced back to the source. However piercing cry doesn't reduce incoming damage at all - it only deals 15% new damage back to the target.

So if a warg does 10,000 damage to you, you take the full 10,000 damage and shielding cry creates an additional "phantom" 1500 damage and deals it back to the warg for a total of 11500 damage - which makes no sense. Instead the warg should deal 10,000 damage with 1500 reduced for a total of 8500 taken with 1500 damage redirected back to the warg for a total of 10,000 damage done to all parties by the warg.

In shielding cry's current form, even if you are taking 20k tps that's only 3k new dps back to the enemy making this trait worthless without damage reduction. In an era where 100k+ damage in raids is the low end from a damage dealer, 3k dps is a rounding error. Minstrels who think this trait reduces incoming damage are going to be wasting time casting piercing cry rather than healing, thus reducing the healer's hps output for a bogus 15% damage reduction so in that respect the current shielding cry trait implementation is also deceptive.
    This is actually how reflection has always worked since day 1 of the game. Lots of heavy armor gear at lower levels have reflection, two loremaster skill/traits have reflection (fire shield and one other I can't recall the name of at the moment), and none of them ever reduced the damage you took. They all just did damage back to the opponent that hit you.
    Arkenstone: Pelagor 100 Captain, Finarwe 100 Loremaster, Banderdas 100 Minstrel