We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Multi-box token farming on Crick

O.k , so we reported the multi-box token farmers on Crickhollow who were making the game unplayable by camping Dwarf Camp, I'm not sure disabling the dwarfs from re-spawning was the correct way to go, why not just can the boxers?.

(NO NAMING AND SHAMING) etc etc and those other idiots must have a primary account that they using to farm that, why not just ban them for the duration?

I even asked NO NAMING AND SHAMING what he was going to do with 318 greater sigils and 312 battle sigils and he said 'i dunno, sell them?'....what a dork.
    Last edited by Cordovan; May 01 2019 at 01:56 PM.

1st offence = 1 week ban

2nd offence = 1 month ban

3rd offence = perma-ban.

To include any other accounts associated with the afk farm accounts.

My two cents worth.

Lmao people still complaining about boxers 12 years later....

Can't wait till 15th or 20th anniversary when people complain "hurr durr the game is dying because of those multiboxers, they should ban them or something" in an old man voice.

It's not like there are a million other more important problems lowering game quality...
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    Lmao people still complaining about boxers 12 years later....

Can't wait till 15th or 20th anniversary when people complain "hurr durr the game is dying because of those multiboxers, they should ban them or something" in an old man voice.

It's not like there are a million other more important problems lowering game quality...
    I look at it this way.

On the one hand, the return of the gold farmers means the game is gaining in popularity again, or it wouldnt be worth the effort.

On the other hand, blocking areas people need to use for quest completions is going to put people off progressing, and damages the game.

SSG need to go nuclear before it gets bigger; an early ban hammer is a lot better than leaving it and then introducing restrictions that hurt every genuine player because you ignored the problem until it was out of hand.

'It's not like there are a million other more important problems lowering game quality...'

errrr....lag is a huge problem within the game, probably the biggest, name me the other 999,999 things MORE important!

In fact, no don't, why let facts get in the way of hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by SavileRow View Post
    'It's not like there are a million other more important problems lowering game quality...'

errrr....lag is a huge problem within the game, probably the biggest, name me the other 999,999 things MORE important!

In fact, no don't, why let facts get in the way of hyperbole.
    The majority of the lag is due to the client and server running as a single threaded processes with a game engine designed in 1995 that was never meant to support the tracking of so many buffs/debuffs/effects/cooldowns as there are in large-scale action/raids that routinely cross server lines in a zone erroneously designed to have more of such lines than regular zones as a spectacularly disastrous attempt to alleviate said lag.

Because of the aforementioned problems, the massive boxers farming NPCs generate less lag than a 6 man freep group, because most of those boxer characters have few/no effects on them... Plus, creep characters are quite literally controllable NPCs, meaning that under the hood, they are many magnitudes simpler and require fewer resources to run... Which is why creeps in general experience less client-side lag.

But why let facts get in the way of hyperbole
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

says you.

O.k , so we reported the multi-box token farmers on Crickhollow who were making the game unplayable by camping Dwarf Camp, I'm not sure disabling the dwarfs from re-spawning was the correct way to go, why not just can the boxers?.

Spidyone to spidythirteen, Datguyone to datguythirteen etc etc and those other idiots must have a primary account that they using to farm that, why not just ban them for the duration?

I even asked spidyone what he was going to do with 318 greater sigils and 312 battle sigils and he said 'i dunno, sell them?'....what a dork.
    blame the game not the player, crick moors is dead anyway

Korthillion-1 R10 RK ,Kortahl R7 CPT, Kornslimedonyoface R11 Defiler, Kornbootysplitter R9 WL,Korndoggystyle R8 WRG +other low rank Korns

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    I look at it this way.

On the one hand, the return of the gold farmers means the game is gaining in popularity again, or it wouldnt be worth the effort.

On the other hand, blocking areas people need to use for quest completions is going to put people off progressing, and damages the game.

SSG need to go nuclear before it gets bigger; an early ban hammer is a lot better than leaving it and then introducing restrictions that hurt every genuine player because you ignored the problem until it was out of hand.
    "Gold farmers". You really think people multiboxing on creep means anything? It happens for 2 weeks out of the entire year because SSG made all lootboxes p2w which drop items that are basically the bread-and-butter for creeps. Only other way to obtain Sigils of Battle and Greater Sigils of Battle is from Anniversary boxes. Not to mention, the Anniversary boxes give obsolete regen food, 50-200 comms, rank 0 pots, so the only good item from there are the Sigils.

There's no gold to be farmed on creepside, it doesn't do anything. All I see are crybabies.

ban the multi boxers please they exploit and sell the items on websites iirc

Spidyone to spidythirteen, Datguyone to datguythirteen etc etc and those other idiots must have a primary account that they using to farm that, why not just ban them for the duration?

I even asked spidyone what he was going to do with 318 greater sigils and 312 battle sigils and he said 'i dunno, sell them?'....what a dork.
    Isn't the more important point, why would anyone farm these tokens? "All the #### 15% morale potions your bags can handle!"