We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

No new steed for 2019 Anniversary Festival?

I only see the 2018 Steed (11 years) and the 10th Anniversary Steed on the seller. Am I missing something, or did they decide NOT to include a new steed at all this year?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Sorry, we did not create a new steed for this year.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Very disappointing.
    ... though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Well, at least we know for sure. Thanks.

What about the fireworks? Is it intended that the anniversary boxes get a lesser version now rather than a permanent version like they did every other time?

Yeah, at least it's good to know. I'm curious as to what led to that decision.

Bummer.

There's plenty of fun stuff still to earn. I just always really dig steeds.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Mithril League: Ardith (Woman Captain)
    Learning to raid on Anor https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Since I only play the festivals for the steeds, I probably won't be playing this one. I'm incredibly disappointed about it
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

I'm actually pretty ok with this as that allows the LS to get the Unflagging Dragon with tokens instead of Mithril. If there had been a new steed then we'd have had to pay mithril since it is a 2017 steed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornglen View Post
    Well, at least we know for sure. Thanks.

What about the fireworks? Is it intended that the anniversary boxes get a lesser version now rather than a permanent version like they did every other time?
    Yeah, I'd like to know why this was done also, very disappointing not to have a new permanent version.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    Yeah, at least it's good to know. I'm curious as to what led to that decision.
    Simple. Players keep defending SSG on forums no matter what they do, so why do more when you can do less? People will still play and pay.

Expect even less stuff from now on, now that SSG wised up. Why bake whole cakes when you can sprinkle a crumb or two and fanboys will eat it anyway. Smart business model, no irony.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

I'm still not happy with the disappointing Black Friday sales. I know it's been months but still...
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

Not even a recolor of a previous steed? That's so disappointing. New steeds are my main reason for playing the event.

I miss the heyday when we would find steed documents in envelopes PLUS be able to earn an additional steed with coins. But at this point, I'd honestly be content to at least get a steed recolor. Like we had with the old Fireworks steed.

That's disappointing, I only play the majority of the festivals to pick up a new steed

Quote Originally Posted by Hendambar View Post
    Very disappointing.
    QFT.

No mount, no pet...

Sergio :-(
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

sad no new mount, but at least there plenty other neat stuff to get so not to bad for me.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

IT's sad, anniversary is the most important event in every game.

Could you perhaps make the older steeds available for tokens for this event? That would give a lot of players something to work toward.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneTripper View Post
    Could you perhaps make the older steeds available for tokens for this event? That would give a lot of players something to work toward.
    I want the Windfells Goat so bad.

Older steeds available for tokens would be better than a new one.
    Last edited by Echoweaver; Apr 25 2019 at 02:42 PM.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Mithril League: Ardith (Woman Captain)
    Learning to raid on Anor https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

The horror

Cordovan at least you could let us buy earlier anniversaries' steeds with anniversary tokens.
    Introduce the first anniversary steed for this year's event, then introduce the second for the next....etc.

There has been a new steed in the Anniversary, every year since 2011, which brought us the original Anniversary Steed. If time was short, then people understand, but will still be disappointed (rather than elated, which is the ideal for business). The game currently rotates premium dyes, two for tokens one year, then for mithril the next. The same could apply this year for the steed. Make the 2011 Anniversary steed available for tokens, then rotate through the rest in future years. Players that do not want to pay 70MC for an old horse now, are never going to change their minds. They simply go without the steed.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I think that rotating through one steed per year for the foreseeable future is kind of setting up a bad president in of itself. Having future festivals rotate through previous years' mounts doesn't do much for the long-time players who already have all of them. If this is a one-time thing due to lack of time or such, then make past steeds available for tokens for this one event and then... make new ones for the next one.

Wow, is that where we're at with the game? Can't be bothered to make a mount for the 12th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendambar View Post
    Very disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post
    Since I only play the festivals for the steeds, I probably won't be playing this one. I'm incredibly disappointed about it
    Quote Originally Posted by ItaOperor View Post
    That's disappointing, I only play the majority of the festivals to pick up a new steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    QFT.

No mount, no pet...

Sergio :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Durham View Post
    Wow, is that where we're at with the game? Can't be bothered to make a mount for the 12th anniversary.
    As I just wrote in another sub-forum section. This applies to the steeds to as they are basically artistic cosmetics/skins anwyay.

I was really dissepointed in the cosmetics/skins and things coming with Ered Mithrin Expansion. I mean it's The Iron Hills and it looks like the guards are wearing some low quality minecraft outfits. Such an awesome opportunity to finally add some nice looking Dwarven Heavy Armour and that is what we got. I don't think I have come across anyone in-game that wears those as cosmetics.

I feel that lately LoTRO has lost one of the things that still made it very unique and relevant as far as art/graphic goes. Namely any devoted artist making really nice looking gear and outfit skins.

Look at the two last Festivals (1 festival and 1 anniversary). Both very lacking in that department. The anniversary not even getting any new mount at all.

Mordor gear looks was not very good looking either. I rarely see anyone using them as cosmetics over their gear (some use the ultimate versions cosmetics but not the in-game ernable stuff). The whole Ered Mithrin expansion, very lacking as far as gear look and outfit design goes.

Where are the brilliant LoTRO artists that created the Rise of Isengard outfits, or the whole specific class Armour set looks of Dunland and such ??? https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dunland_Armor_Sets Even all the way to Minas Tirith there were nice designs in each region. Even good looking Minas Tirith inspired PvMP gear in Ettenmoors at LvL 100. Since then it's gone mostly downhill on designing good looking gear in my opinion.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Apr 25 2019 at 12:36 AM.

This just reads as - sorry, we couldn’t be bothered to do the one thing that has been a staple of festivals since the very first one.

Shoddy.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

That's very disappointing. Any reason behind this?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast