We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

It's DEFINITELY time to bring back fellowship maneuvers

Seriously. Opening conjunctions (FM's) was originally one of the burglar's primary functions, and was its single most unique aspect in group content. Other classes have debuff, CC, and/or DPS. But only burglars could reliably open a conj. Ever since Turbine decided to effectively eliminate them from the game, burgs haven't had a role that couldn't be easily filled by some other class.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die. ~Hunter S. Thompson

I agree. Conjunctions used to be the mark of a good fellowship, as they could be difficult to do. But when you did one, it was one of the most cool things you could do.
    Personally I really liked the wrath of the oathbreakers (I usually played in a group of 5).

A group I was in tonight just laid down some of the best FMs in Moria. Always good times.

My burg has every FM, even all the Draigoch ones they were indeed fun, but that ship has sailed my friends

now a single player can out dps, out DoT, out heal any FM and power is not an issue.

Even if they buffed FM's, the fact that the lack of mechanics in the dps races they call raids and instances today means you'd probably all die standing around waiting for the FM to go off anyways.

forget it move on SSG has

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    ... you'd probably all die standing around waiting for the FM to go off anyways.

forget it move on SSG has
    A simple solution to that would be to make the FM go off immediately when every fellow had contributed. That's actually one thing I always had a problem with; groups who could get their maneuver into place quickly were actually penalized by having to wait the full 5-8 seconds. But I agree with your last point, that SSG has "moved on." Except it was the developers of several years ago who actually did the moving on; the new ones probably don't even know what a conj is.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die. ~Hunter S. Thompson