We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    At home :)
    Posts
    2

    Question Yellow RK and Jeweller Tips

    Hello, I have recently returned to the game with fresh new account and choose to play Rune-keeper in Solitary Thunder line with Tinker as vocation. I am interested in your tips or tricks for yellow RK and Tinker, since it seems that there are more threads about red/blue RK. I do mostly solo.

    - which stat besides Will should I look for? (Vitality or Fate or any other)
    - how often do you replace your crafted items? (either jewelery or armor)
    - what about Cook? Do you level it straight away or can it wait few levels?
    - chisel or riffler
    - and any other tip/trick you can post here

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Tactical mastery and critical rating are your most important stats. And some morale of course

    Yellow is very crit dependant.
    Chisel or riffler? Lightning chisel, it adds a nice amount of critical rating.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

  3. #3
    RK
    Instead of looking for Will have a look to direct tactical mastery.
    You get only 2 points of mastery per Will point. former you get 8 points.
    In addition Critical is good way to bring enemies down.


    Tinker
    Use the Prospector, as with it you can harvest the metal out of the nodes.
    Here the first anvil is enough, the 2nd let you crit, but you have to invest a lot of mats, that you do nearly not gain back with crits.
    Have a look, that you are able to harvest the nodes in the area you quest. Else finish first the prospector of the old area.

    Tinker, max both anvils. Here the crits are very nice and can increased by Salt, that you will find in the Metal nodes.
    Join the Guild and craft the reputation items. collect them and use them with Reputationscrolls of the skirmish camp. That is expensive, but else you will need double the time, because the Guild reputation items have Cool downs 1-3-6 days.

    The Cook do not level.
    Use a second alt, that get the Job. A Hobbit, that stays in the Shire.
    The Farmer and Cook need a lot of space in the Bags and are in Common full of mats.
    They Level fast with that craft and you can buy nearly everything they need.


    Craft replacement.
    I have sometimes a look if i can craft (much) better items as i have.
    Mainly the Loot you get by questing was nice enough, i craft some jewels because some have critical value on it. The highest Level of craft it not ever the best items you get.
    As i Start new last nov, on Anor as Captain Tinker, and had no craft alts (except the Cook). I use Quest items, get 2-3 Crafted Weapons from AH (as Captain) and had a nice mate, that craft me Banner (we quest a good night and i enjoy the wear his name).

    Use the Stone, with the highest DPS (its you weapon).

    I played my RK, even the small (now 22) in Red&Blue, the Yellow line i only use to buff and to do BoD (that i did at the trainingsdummies).

    Welcome back and enjoy the game again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    At home :)
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    Tactical mastery and critical rating are your most important stats. And some morale of course

    Yellow is very crit dependant.
    Chisel or riffler? Lightning chisel, it adds a nice amount of critical rating.
    So Fate/Vitality is way to go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    RK
    Instead of looking for Will have a look to direct tactical mastery.
    You get only 2 points of mastery per Will point. former you get 8 points.
    In addition Critical is good way to bring enemies down.


    Tinker
    Use the Prospector, as with it you can harvest the metal out of the nodes.
    Here the first anvil is enough, the 2nd let you crit, but you have to invest a lot of mats, that you do nearly not gain back with crits.
    Have a look, that you are able to harvest the nodes in the area you quest. Else finish first the prospector of the old area.

    Tinker, max both anvils. Here the crits are very nice and can increased by Salt, that you will find in the Metal nodes.
    Join the Guild and craft the reputation items. collect them and use them with Reputationscrolls of the skirmish camp. That is expensive, but else you will need double the time, because the Guild reputation items have Cool downs 1-3-6 days.

    The Cook do not level.
    Use a second alt, that get the Job. A Hobbit, that stays in the Shire.
    The Farmer and Cook need a lot of space in the Bags and are in Common full of mats.
    They Level fast with that craft and you can buy nearly everything they need.


    Craft replacement.
    I have sometimes a look if i can craft (much) better items as i have.
    Mainly the Loot you get by questing was nice enough, i craft some jewels because some have critical value on it. The highest Level of craft it not ever the best items you get.
    As i Start new last nov, on Anor as Captain Tinker, and had no craft alts (except the Cook). I use Quest items, get 2-3 Crafted Weapons from AH (as Captain) and had a nice mate, that craft me Banner (we quest a good night and i enjoy the wear his name).

    Use the Stone, with the highest DPS (its you weapon).

    I played my RK, even the small (now 22) in Red&Blue, the Yellow line i only use to buff and to do BoD (that i did at the trainingsdummies).

    Welcome back and enjoy the game again.
    Ok, I will probably not level Cook, atleast for now.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrianeth View Post
    Hello, I have recently returned to the game with fresh new account and choose to play Rune-keeper in Solitary Thunder line with Tinker as vocation. I am interested in your tips or tricks for yellow RK and Tinker, since it seems that there are more threads about red/blue RK. I do mostly solo.

    - which stat besides Will should I look for? (Vitality or Fate or any other)
    - how often do you replace your crafted items? (either jewelery or armor)
    - what about Cook? Do you level it straight away or can it wait few levels?
    - chisel or riffler
    - and any other tip/trick you can post here

    Thank you!
    ________________

    I've messed around with a Lightning Runie quite a bit. It's more of a recreational class and a solo class. But, it's fun (which is why I rolled one). Will, critical rating, and tactical mastery are obvious necessities. However, finesse is a big one as well. The devs sort of hinted at this by putting a finesse build entry into the Trait tree. It was further confirmed when the Grey Mountains expansion came out because part of that was a revamping of the finesse stat such that you had a much higher percentage starting that area. As a result, less bpe on your hits, and with a Lightning Runie, that's key. You have very, very minimal damage over time, so it's a feast or famine situation. The more solid hits you can land, the more effective you will be.

    One of the things you have to do is spam Writ of lightning. This does a number things, not the least of which is take down mitigations to Lightning Skills (which will help you land massive hits with Epic Conclusion, Shocking Words, and the rest). Writ will stack for you as well, to improve your next skill.

    As far as replacing crafted items, I usually do it every 10 levels as I'm leveling up unless fights start getting a bit longer than I care for them to be, or I'm taking too much damage. But, you will find with this class that you have so many tools, it's only a matter of recognizing the opportunity and capitalizing. Lots of stuns to play with. You can go into blue tree and grab the Restoration Rune which you can use to pull agro of mobs while you pick them off one at a time. Once you hit around level 50, you can ignore the crafted jewelry and start doing Big Battles. At about that level, the Big Battle jewelry rewards exceed the crafted items significantly.

    I have a fully capped cook....and while it's an easy level, it is a royal pain in the posterior. You need a lot of inventory space available, and I do suggest getting it all out of the way at once, for that very reason. Guild is even more of a pain, but once you are finished, you can make some sweet buffs (as you can on each tier as you level your character.)

    Definitely chisel...the third one that can be crafted with the higher critical rating.

    As far as tips and tricks. That's part of leveling up. You'll get more familiar with your tools. And, you'll figure out the best way to employ your stuns. But, here's a little motivation to do just that....a Lightning Runie, while not a pragmatic choice for Raids, is entertaining. And, it probably gets the biggest single hit damage in the game. Mine is capped (capped mastery, capped crit, and 35% finesse) and I'm just short (by an eyelash) of scoring a 400k single hit. In instances, I average about 40 to 50 six figure hits. If they ever added significant damage over time to the class it would be the goto DPS class.

    Have fun!!!

    Addendum: I failed to mention above that you want to make sure to secure every single one of your Trait points. You'll want all 92 of them. I mentioned getting the Restoration Rune from blue tree. But, you will, also, want to maximize Self Motivation (self-heal) in Red tree. You are a mobile class that doesn't have to be rooted to use skills. So having a self heal you can use on the move is fantastic. You can secure that skill from Red tree. And, at level 120 you will likely have around 90k morale health. A single use of Self Motivation will give you about 30k morale healing every 15 seconds. Add to that the Sustaining bolt self heal, and Prelude to Hope (which can also be used on the move) and you become pretty much indestructible in solo fights.
    Last edited by Casmond; Jun 25 2019 at 05:27 PM.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload