We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Only 6 days for Yule festival encore?

I’m sure I’m not the only player that puts a lot of time into this game and plays everyday. With that being said only having 6 days of the Yule festival is disappointing the Storvagun quest resets every 8 hours but with that being said I see no possible way for myself to finish this quest in time to earn my gold essences which makes me pretty angry there’s no way to finish the quest on one character how am I expected to do it on 10 max level characters. For myself I wake up for work every morning at 5 am and don’t get home until 5pm there’s no possible way and it’s asinine and disappointing there’s no way I’m not the only one. Who feels this way it’s almost unfair for those who actually have a life. Have a good day everyone!
    NOT TO MENTION ITS EASTER THIS WEEKEND! PEOPLE HAVE PLANS TO NOT BE HOME! It’s Ridiculous
    Last edited by devdor; Apr 17 2019 at 06:57 PM.

I agree with you Dev. I think it's nice that they did the reset for every 8 hours. But people don't only play the game. They do have a real life. And it being Easter week-end for many, makes it very difficult if not impossible for quite a few.

Unfortunately it's looking like it's not even every 8 hours on a fixed basis for the reset. People in the other thread are reporting (and I'm somewhat confirming on my characters) that the reset it INDIVIDUAL per character from the last time you completed the quest.

This means that you can get completely out of sync with your friends and everyone has different reset times for the quest.

This is really bad
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Unfortunately it's looking like it's not even every 8 hours on a fixed basis for the reset. People in the other thread are reporting (and I'm somewhat confirming on my characters) that the reset it INDIVIDUAL per character from the last time you completed the quest.

This means that you can get completely out of sync with your friends and everyone has different reset times for the quest.

This is really bad
    how nice of them putting 8 hours reset right? except its not really cool. Ppl who work dont have the time to log in every 8 hours. They should have made it 5 coins to collect instead of 10 on a daily cd, more reasonable and useful.

*sadface*

No offense, but I think you should be happy you got a Yule festival encore. As for myself, I don't like the encores. I think it makes the events themselves much less special when they are available multiple times a year, and I am an avid festival-er. If they were going to have a Yule encore, I would much prefer it to be in July like they did last year, but I guess they got so much ridicule for it that they decided to do it in April (and shoved the Anni event back by almost a week in the process ). And as for it being only 6 days, you do remember that Lotro's Anniversary is April 24th, right? They need to have the Anni event running by then, so Yule is cut short.

IMO Yule Fest is in winter NOT spring.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Lightbulb

As I just wrote in another thread:

I can now confirm that the cooldowns are not at set server times. It is set after when You did it last time. So it's individual cooldowns. So be sure to write down the time of when You do it on each character. Then 8 hours later that character can do it again.

I also got a link to this excellent video by Ghynghyn explaining it all.

YouTube: Lotro: Storvagun Cooldown Timer Explained

Considering it’s April, it’s amazing there is a Yule festival happening right now at all
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

PS:

Quote Originally Posted by devdor View Post
    ...only having 6 days of the Yule festival is disappointing...NOT TO MENTION ITS EASTER THIS WEEKEND!
    I promise I’m not trolling I just thought there was a wonderful irony to this...
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

I'm just happy there is an encore of any sort. The Legendary servers make these more useful than they ever were on the main servers, and I see this as a good, albeit short opportunity to get some nice fluff on alts that have never visited the festival before.

Would be nice to know if it runs through the 22nd though, or whether it will end 3.00 am on the 22nd. I'm away for a day or two over the holiday, so it would be great to be able to plan around it, with a solid end date/time.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

I totally agree that there was no reason to have a Yule festival encore but since there is I would like to capitalize on my chance to get the gold essence reward which I can’t do because of Easter and real life. I’m just saying if they brought the festival back they should at least make the rewards possible to get for people that do other things rather than just play lotro they should at least make it the length of what the quest is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    As I just wrote in another thread:

I can now confirm that the cooldowns are not at set server times. It is set after when You did it last time. So it's individual cooldowns. So be sure to write down the time of when You do it on each character. Then 8 hours later that character can do it again.
    Awesome let's get the server communities so disjointed that no instances get played. Char A did the instances 1 hour ago. Char B just finished them, and Char C is just starting them. Now if char's A B and C want to group later in the day A and B must wait for C's reset. Not very player friendly IMO.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'm just happy there is an encore of any sort. The Legendary servers make these more useful than they ever were on the main servers, and I see this as a good, albeit short opportunity to get some nice fluff on alts that have never visited the festival before.
    This exactly. Some of us haven't been to a festival in years. This is the first time I've seen the Yule festival and it's been a very fun experience. Why would I complain about that?

Anyone who, for whatever reason, doesn't like that there's a festival going on can simply choose to not participate. Problem solved. Everyone else can go have fun and get some nice cosmetics.

To the person(s) who designed the theater and the acting system, kudos to you. I like everything about the festival but that's my favorite part. It's unique, creative, and enjoyable by multiple people at once.
    Ijustpassedgas Excuseme
    Yeasty Infection

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    No offense, but I think you should be happy you got a Yule festival encore. As for myself, I don't like the encores. I think it makes the events themselves much less special when they are available multiple times a year, and I am an avid festival-er. If they were going to have a Yule encore, I would much prefer it to be in July like they did last year, but I guess they got so much ridicule for it that they decided to do it in April (and shoved the Anni event back by almost a week in the process ). And as for it being only 6 days, you do remember that Lotro's Anniversary is April 24th, right? They need to have the Anni event running by then, so Yule is cut short.
    I feel the same way. I don't like the encores for the same reason because the festivals seem less special.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post

Would be nice to know if it runs through the 22nd though, or whether it will end 3.00 am on the 22nd. I'm away for a day or two over the holiday, so it would be great to be able to plan around it, with a solid end date/time.
    Yuletide Festival (Encore) 4/16/19@10am 4/22/19@3am

It started at 10a on 4/16 so it will end at 3a on 4/22. That is a solid end date and time. Eastern US Time, FYI.

I don't think we need encores should be a special time for Lotro, but I will say You almost need it now, cause festival cosmetics are bound to account, you can no longer trade freely which I highly dislike, there are Gift boxes yes, but again that's not trading freely, cause once open the box its still bound... Festivals should be fun, and about sharing stuff with friends way it used to be, i kinda miss letting friends/kin members borrow cosmetics, now that is completely gone with new items being bound to account.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Raegaen View Post
    Yuletide Festival (Encore) 4/16/19@10am 4/22/19@3am

It started at 10a on 4/16 so it will end at 3a on 4/22. That is a solid end date and time. Eastern US Time, FYI.
    Thanks for the info. No point in me trying to finish the 5/5 wrapper then, as I'll be unavailable to finish the fifth day. Still, should manage to get some fluff, and that info takes some of the pressure off to do ten quests per day on the alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I don't think we need encores should be a special time for Lotro, but I will say You almost need it now, cause festival cosmetics are bound to account, you can no longer trade freely which I highly dislike, there are Gift boxes yes, but again that's not trading freely, cause once open the box its still bound... Festivals should be fun, and about sharing stuff with friends way it used to be, i kinda miss letting friends/kin members borrow cosmetics, now that is completely gone with new items being bound to account.
    Agreed. The whole account binding in festivals (and across the whole game for most part) is very unpopular with everyone that I know in game.

It’s not really about the actual festival it’s about the seasonal instance that gives the top of the line essence rewards from completing the quest 10 times what they should have done is either give the players the time to actually do the quests or do the encore without the seasonal instance that grants the top of the line essences I my self don’t care what so ever about the cosmetics and don’t do festivals for them.

Yeah, this is pretty stupid to be honest. SSG had a few ways they could've gone about doing it right, but instead they screwed it up. Now the only way to fix it would be to extend the encore festival.

Those of you saying it's not a big deal because we already have a yule festival are missing the point. The problem is because of the gold essences that are available during the festival, not the festival itself. Hell, I don't think I've done any festivals (outside of the bare minimum to get my beloved /fishslap emote) in 3-4 years. They don't matter. What does matter is gating BiS essences behind it with ridiculous time requirements that not only require you to log on twice a day, 8 hours apart, but to also find 5 other people both willing and capable of running a t2 Storvagun run. On Landy especially, this can be incredibly painful. And then on top of this, making the locks disjoint so that everyone has a different timer on the quest progression?

How can they honestly expect people who have jobs/lives to log on twice a day, 8 hours apart for nearly a week? And over Easter weekend too, no less... The utter lack of foresight honestly is just amazing.
    Last edited by ColMcStacky; Apr 18 2019 at 03:57 PM.

Is this a serious complaint? They NEVER did encores until a year or two ago. So you get a completely free week of festival because you didn't have enough time in the first FOUR weeks (yes FOUR weeks) to complete all your things, and you complain about it not being enough?

Geesh! I'm happy enough I get to do the Stolen Sweets quest on two additional toons, as they were too small to venture into Forochel or Misty Mountains the first time.

They had already announced in the past that they didn't see a good place to fit it in the schedule at all, so were it not for the delay in a needed patch till the 23rd, and therefore the start of the anniversary festival also being delayed.....you probably wouldn't have ANY encore this year. Now they found a week in which they could do it, and enabled it for a week.

For free. A gift! Unexpectedly! I guess some people just HAVE to complain, even if they are given things.....
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

FULLY agree.

I'm at 3/10 now and for the length of time it takes just to form a full group for a T2, atop the timing @ 8 hours (sleep, work, anyone?) it looks like I'll be staring at a partially completed quest until next December.

If I were retired, or living on a fixed income, maybe.

Dev's, please, add a few days to this.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    Is this a serious complaint? They NEVER did encores until a year or two ago. So you get a completely free week of festival because you didn't have enough time in the first FOUR weeks (yes FOUR weeks) to complete all your things, and you complain about it not being enough?

Geesh! I'm happy enough I get to do the Stolen Sweets quest on two additional toons, as they were too small to venture into Forochel or Misty Mountains the first time.

They had already announced in the past that they didn't see a good place to fit it in the schedule at all, so were it not for the delay in a needed patch till the 23rd, and therefore the start of the anniversary festival also being delayed.....you probably wouldn't have ANY encore this year. Now they found a week in which they could do it, and enabled it for a week.

For free. A gift! Unexpectedly! I guess some people just HAVE to complain, even if they are given things.....
    again dont really care for the normal festival stuff im just annoyed that i dont have a fair shot at the top of the line essences you get from the storvagun instance people who work cant be expected to log in every 8 hours to get all your characters done

Quote Originally Posted by devdor View Post
    again dont really care for the normal festival stuff im just annoyed that i dont have a fair shot at the top of the line essences you get from the storvagun instance people who work cant be expected to log in every 8 hours to get all your characters done
    It's too bad that there's no other way to get those top of the line essences in game other than forcing SSG to be late for their own Anniversary Festival...which starts in 6 days...on Tuesday...the day after the Yule Encore ends...
    Luventhariel and Appletart of Second Breakfast, Crickhollow

What has happened, a concise history....

Dec:
    SSG: Here you go folks, 4 weeks of Yule Fest!
    Players: Yay!

Jan:
    Players: Bummer Yule is over, are we getting an encore?
    SSG: *silence*.

Feb:
    Players: Hey SSG, how about that Yule encore?
    Cordovan in +Cord of the Rings: Hmmm.... Looking at the schedule, I don't know where we would fit that in.

Mar:
    Players: Can we pretty please have a Yule encore?
    Cordovan in +Cord of the Rings: It doesn't look likely, we can't fit it in the schedule!

Apr:
    Cordovan: Hey, guess what! We had to postpone the Anniversary launch a few days, so we can squeeze in a week of Yule! Have fun!
    Players: WHAT? ONLY A WEEK? GRAB THE PITCHFORKS!!! BURN DOWN THE FORUMS!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast