We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Server choice

Server choice

Which server would you recommend for an English-speaking person living in the EU?

Landroval or Laurelin

Take a look in the Servers forums

EN is English
    RP is Roll Playing
    DE is German
    FR is French
    RE is Roll Playing Encourged

However, be aware, all LOTRO servers are located in Newark, New Jersey, in the United States.
    Last edited by Gandolf_TheOld; Apr 17 2019 at 09:29 AM.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Laurelin and Evernight are the 2 designated EU (English) servers. Laurelin is an RP server, tho' you don't have to RP to play there.

If you are VIP, Anor seems to be busy (for a Lotro version of busy) at all times of day (can't say what Ithil is like as I don't play there).

What does it mean that a server is RP (Role Playing)? I mean I know what role playing is, but isn't LotRO a role playing game? Why are some servers specifically designated as RP?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyr_Oakenshield View Post
    What does it mean that a server is RP (Role Playing)? I mean I know what role playing is, but isn't LotRO a role playing game? Why are some servers specifically designated as RP?
    I believe it used to mean that there were certain restrictions on things like character names having to be "appropriate", etc. but I'm not sure that applies these days. I think these days it's more an indicator of where you'll find the more serious role-players; those who do things as in this guide - https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...n-and-the-Lore