We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Storvaguns Riches

How are we supposed to complete Storvaguns Riches: Collect vile gold coins from Storvagun (0/10), if we have only 7 days to do so?
    Or are we not meant to do this?

I'm waiting for an announcement of SSG saying it's only meant to be completed for those who haven't done it during the last Yuletide Festival. Otherwise it's completely stupid.

Lightbulb

I don't think even they can complete it, as usually things like wrapper quests reset and any progress goes back to 0 after Festivals finish if you have been logged in with that character since the efstival ended the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snobs View Post
    I'm waiting for an announcement of SSG saying it's only meant to be completed for those who haven't done it during the last Yuletide Festival. Otherwise it's completely stupid.
    You'll be waiting a long time then - everyone who didn't finish the quest previously would have had their quest either cancelled or reset to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    You'll be waiting a long time then - everyone who didn't finish the quest previously would have had their quest either cancelled or reset to 0.
    Even more so I am waiting for any announcement by SSG.

Lightbulb

To be fair. This is not a full Festival, simply an extra encore. Not meant to be a full Festival so that wrappers can be done to the end. It is more a little extra to maybe barter for that mount or cosmetics You forgot last time before the Festival finishesd, or get a few extra Yule tokens maybe You needed for it. If they had made it 10 days long for the Storvagun, some might still have complained that they could not do all 3-4 tiers of the other wrapper quest etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    To be fair. This is not a full Festival, simply an extra encore. Not meant to be a full Festival so that wrappers can be done to the end. It is more a little extra to maybe barter for that mount or cosmetics You forgot last time before the Festival finishesd, or get a few extra Yule tokens maybe You needed for it. If they had made it 10 days long for the Storvagun, some might still have complained that they could not do all 3-4 tiers of the other wrapper quest etc.
    Pls notice I am not complaining, just asking.
    To be honest, I didn't even expect it was possible to take the quest again on toons which already did it last time, but I was happy that I got a chance to do it on my minstrel, and get the essence, until I realized we don't get 10 days for it.

I don't think even they can complete it, as usually things like wrapper quests reset and any progress goes back to 0 after Festivals finish if you have been logged in with that character since the efstival ended the first time.

You are right. I didn't manage to finish 10 times on my mini, and now it is back to 0 and had to take the quest again.

We have now made an adjustment to reduce the cooldown on the instance from once per day to once every eight hours. So, every eight hours you will be able to run the instance. NOTE: If you are currently on a once per day cooldown, you will need for that cooldown to reset before you begin seeing eight hour resets. ALSO: The text from the NPC and instance has not been changed, so the text will still mention the original cooldown timer.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have now made an adjustment to reduce the cooldown on the instance from once per day to once every eight hours. So, every eight hours you will be able to run the instance. NOTE: If you are currently on a once per day cooldown, you will need for that cooldown to reset before you begin seeing eight hour resets. ALSO: The text from the NPC and instance has not been changed, so the text will still mention the original cooldown timer.
    Oh, that was unexpected and very Cool. Thank You !!!

Not sure I personally will have much time anyway, as my sister is coming to visit and we have alot of meetings booked and family related business to take care of during the week she is here, but I'm happy for any that have time to do this. Awesome stuff !!!

Unfortunately this won't be beneficial to most players as jobs, school, or other similar real world responsibilities will still only allow them to try to complete it once per day. Extending the number of days to complete the quest or lowering the number of coins required for completion would be far more appropriate.

I don't think that's very helpful. With an eight-hour cooldown, it's tricky to get ten completions in six days, since you need to form groups at all times of the day, and you can't afford to miss much--I won't be able to get any rewards (gold essences!), because I'll be gone all Easter weekend (and I imagine I'm not the only one). Could you change it to allow multiple completions in one go, or reduce the number of completions required, or extend the encore to run parallel to the anniversary? I'm perfectly happy to run Storvaguns all day, but it's a bit annoying to be locked out of the rewards.
    Andhilin, Ifeyina, Iondhilin, wardens of Gondolin -- Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

What was the reason to even open this stuff again? Some cappy crying that he/she cannot get 600k morale? Cappies was going over 500k morale already before you opened up this new grind.

I mean thouse very OP essences would have been fine if they was truly bound to character but they are not and I'm very suprised if dev team don't have any idea how to get around that character bound limit what thouse essences currently have. And yes you CAN transfer thouse essences between your toons left and right even after you have take it away from account bound box.

I mean it was SSG who said that we want to have it harder to players cap their stats right? My RK have mastery and critical rating almost capped, over 100k morale unbuffed, 80k finesse what is enough for T3 raid and mits are around 40%. That is build without using any swap gear and can do whole T3 raid with easy. And I haven't even started with set jewelry. And all of this with purple essences, no single gold essences in that build.

Hey Cord, could you specify when exactly these resets happen? Thanks!
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Edit:: Just did it for 3rd time and it looks like Storvagun's Loyalty quest remains on long CD, but isn't needed for the wrapper quest to update. Just the main quest with blue text referencing Tier 2.
    Last edited by Knight.Arkenstone; Apr 17 2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

/sarcasm on
    Now that's a really good solution to make people play.
    How about a new event that lasts 3 days and we have to run an instance 50 times, with instance reset every hour?
    That way people would really be attached to the game.
    /sarcasm off

Seriously. The main issue here is not the rewards, but why designed content is limited to play time budgets that fit a smaller and smaller portion of the players.

Some players already kill Storvaguns 2 times, and their Storvagun CD still have more when 8 hours. Something still wrong with that quest, or may be with boss. It's still 17-20 hours depending on when they kill him last time

Having now completed 3/10 just want to confirm

The following two quests are the main ones for progression towards gold essence:

The other quest from bookshelf (on CD) is not important for progression of main wrapper quest:

Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Logical would be that either it's on a personal character basis like 8 hours from Your last time. So if You run it at 1 PM, then next reset would be at 9 PM for You.

Another logical possibility would be that it has fixed reset times. Then it would be logical that it resets at the usual server reset 3 AM (servertime). Then again 8 hours later at 11 AM (servertime) and yet again 8 hours later at 7 PM (servertime). That would mean for example in UK at 8 AM UK time, 4 PM UK time and 12 (or 0.00) Midnight UK time.

No idea if it goes any of those examples ??? Should be easy enough to test though. Simply run it once. Log out and back in after (so that the countdown shows the correct time remaining on the quest) and see what it says as You try to pick up the quest again. A log out and back in after having completed a run is needed for cooldowns to show the correct countdown time. That goes for all quests with cooldowns. It will show the wrong cooldown time remaining if staying logged in after having completed it.

Note: To know the current servertime simply type /servertime in the chat window in game and hit enter.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Logical would be that either it's on a personal character basis like 8 hours from Your last time. So if You run it at 1 PM, then next reset would be at 9 PM for You.

Another logical possibility would be that it has fixed reset times. Then it would be logical that it resets at the usual server reset 3 AM (servertime). Then again 8 hours later at 11 AM (servertime) and yet again 8 hours later at 7 PM (servertime). That would mean for example in UK at 8 AM UK time, 4 PM UK time and 12 (or 0.00) Midnight UK time.

No idea if it goes any of those examples ??? Should be easy enough to test though. Simply run it once. Log out and back in after (so that the countdown shows the correct time remaining on the quest) and see what it says as You try to pick up the quest again. A log out and back in after having completed a run is needed for cooldowns to show the correct countdown time. That goes for all quests with cooldowns. It will show the wrong cooldown time remaining if staying logged in after having completed it.

Note: To know the current servertime simply type /servertime in the chat window in game and hit enter.
    I can now confirm that the cooldowns are not at set server times. It is set after when You did it last time. So it's individual cooldowns. So be sure to write down the time of when You do it on each character. Then 8 hours later that character can do it again.

I also got a link to this excellent video by Ghynghyn explaining it all.

YouTube: Lotro: Storvagun Cooldown Timer Explained

Quote Originally Posted by Daniyel View Post
    I'm sorry, but Forums say yule runs to 4/22/19@3am

Am I the only one who thinks this is TOO SHORT?

The current time on the server is 04/21 01:32 AM and I am about to get my 7th vile gold coin. that means i would get my 8th at 04/21 09:32 AM. and my 9th at 04/21 17:32 . and my 10th at 04/22 01:32 AM. Just barely on time but would it kill you to extend the festival by just 16 hours?

I have a lot of kinnies who are in the same boat as me except they would be 9/10 when festival ends....
    I'm also at 7/10, it's 10:am Easter Sunday and I'm spamming LFF and WC for a group, I "could" pull this off if I stay up till 2:am for the final 10th run (work tomorrow), assuming I can get groups, right now I can't.

This is pathetic.

storvagun

i think it was meant for people with no life ! i got 8 toons, just to play it all is a pain in the 'sss' to get in the right fellowship. People with familly and work each day cant do all of it even 0n one caracter. Im sorry so say that im aleady doomed because im 8 out of 10 on 5 caracters .

This is an ENCORE, not a full festival. They had to shut it down because they need to get the Anniversary Event started; it would be silly to NOT have the Anniversary event running on the ACTUAL Anniversary date which is April 24th. Tbh, you don't need those essences; Lotro is not that hard. Only people I could think would MAYBE need something like that is hardcore T3 raiders and from what I've read from forum posts they've made, even the raids aren't that hard. My point is 1. It's an encore, not the real event. 2. SSG didn't have to make it available at all (in fact, I wish they wouldn't have encores at all; I can't think of any other MMO that would run a festival again just because their players wanted it). 3. If you look at it and you see that you can't, for one reason or another, finish the deed, then don't start it and get your essences somewhere else. Do the Yule raid next Dec when it comes out again for the full length of time.

I just finished my last storvagun run with two of my friends, and for some reason one of them and me did not get the final coin we needed to finish ( now we will not have enough time to finish). Just to be clear, all three of us were in the same group the last time we finished, so our cool down timer of 8 hours should have been synced, and yet only one of us finished. Is there some bug that stops you from getting credit, and are my friend and I the only ones to run into this problem?

Rip!

Nice loose of time. Thanks SSG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast