We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    OK
    I'll jump in.

Six each day would be quite a lot for dwarves but would not be unusual for these folks.

(Sort of a double-whammy here... extra points if you get both.)*

* Points will be awarded when this riddle-game finishes .
    meals, hobbits?
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (Snow 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (Snowy 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Angbohr/Hateful | 85 Champions (Anor 2018-2020) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark 2020-?)

Quote Originally Posted by Angbohr View Post
    meals, hobbits?
    That was QUITE fast.

Grats!

You have the Jeopardy Jacket!
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

You have the Jeopardy Jacket!
    alright.

Keep him on firm land for too long, he might die. Put her on sea, she dies for sure.
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (Snow 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (Snowy 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Angbohr/Hateful | 85 Champions (Anor 2018-2020) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark 2020-?)

alright.

Keep him on firm land for too long, he might die. Put her on sea, she dies for sure.
    Hey Angbohr, I think we need a hint. I think it's about a couple of elves, but that's just a feeling.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.

Hey Angbohr, I think we need a hint. I think it's about a couple of elves, but that's just a feeling.
    Oh no, a hint?

But... it is one of the most wonderful things Tolkien wrote
    Couple yes, not elves. But surely they can brag about being more Elves than any other Men

P.S. I'll drop another hint if this isn't solved within tomorrow. Just thinking about what hint I can provide without giving the solution away for free

P.P.S. Nevermind, here's the hint: divorce

Oh no, a hint?

But... it is one of the most wonderful things Tolkien wrote
    Couple yes, not elves. But surely they can brag about being more Elves than any other Men

P.S. I'll drop another hint if this isn't solved within tomorrow. Just thinking about what hint I can provide without giving the solution away for free

P.P.S. Nevermind, here's the hint: divorce
    Who are Eärendil and Elwing?

...when in doubt...twirl...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaboj View Post
    Who are Eärendil and Elwing?
    Nope.

Second Age.

okay, it cannot be Elrond and Celebrian, both because Celebrian is elven, and they married in 109 TA. Is this somehow related to Numenor?

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Who are Aldarion and Erendis?

The subject characters in The Mariner's Wife. A story edited by Christopher Tolkien for Unfinished Tales.

Who are Aldarion and Erendis?

The subject characters in The Mariner's Wife. A story edited by Christopher Tolkien for Unfinished Tales.
    We were indeed talking about Aldarion and Erendis here.

Cheers and up to you!

We were indeed talking about Aldarion and Erendis here.

Cheers and up to you!
    OK, next one:

He led a sensible troop of escapees.

And check out the latest Trivia thread: Three-word LOTRO Trivia here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...27#post8023927
    Last edited by Boraxxe; Jul 27 2020 at 08:21 PM.

OK, next one:

[B]He led a sensible troop of escapees.
    Fëanor?

Fëanor?

No, not Fëanor.

OK, next one:

He led a sensible troop of escapees.
    Ok, it's been a couple of days...time for a hint.

Late third Age

And check out the latest Trivia thread: Three-word LOTRO Trivia here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...27#post8023927

Could it be Thorin Oakenshield - after doing the ride in the barrels, out of Felegoth?

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    Could it be Thorin Oakenshield - after doing the ride in the barrels, out of Felegoth?

Greetings, Polymachos
    So, Polymachos...you think that pack of 12 dwarves were "sensible"?

They were escapees, yes, but sensible? I would describe them more as desperate, starving, inept, clowns.

Sensible, they were not!

Next up?

OK, next one:

[B]He led a sensible troop of escapees.

Who is Fatty Lumpkin?

After their misadventures on the Barrow Downs, the hobbits learned that their frightened ponies had bolted, but were lucky enough (and sensible enough) to find Tom Bombdil's trusty steed, who calmed them and led them back to Tom and the hobbits.
    Later, after the ponies were frightened again and ran from Bree, they once again found Fatty on the Barrow Downs, and spent some time at Tom's house.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    Who is Fatty Lumpkin?

After their misadventures on the Barrow Downs, the hobbits learned that their frightened ponies had bolted, but were lucky enough (and sensible enough) to find Tom Bombdil's trusty steed, who calmed them and led them back to Tom and the hobbits.
    Later, after the ponies were frightened again and ran from Bree, they once again found Fatty on the Barrow Downs, and spent some time at Tom's house.
    Exactly correct...
    Wear the Jacket proudly.

You're up!

Exactly correct...
    Wear the Jacket proudly.

You're up!
    Thanks Boraxxe, I do feel a little proud

Next up: Son of a "dark elf", his betrayal led to the downfall of a great Kingdom.
    - Will Rogers

Maeglin.

Maeglin.
    Correct, Maeglin son of Eöl, who betrayed the location of the hidden city of Gondolin to Morgoth, thus sealing the fate of the kingdom of Turgon.
    - Will Rogers

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21