We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 278
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatt View Post
    Who was Bert?
    Yes, Bert was the troll that cooked.

    Your turn.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    118
    Bit lengthy, but here goes...

    This being originally was one of the Maiar, but was corrupted & seduced by Melkor. After many battles, survived Morgoth's defeat, & finally took refuge beneath the Misty Mountains.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatt View Post
    Bit lengthy, but here goes...

    This being originally was one of the Maiar, but was corrupted & seduced by Melkor. After many battles, survived Morgoth's defeat, & finally took refuge beneath the Misty Mountains.

    Durin's Bane, a balrog of Morgoth.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    118
    Yeppers, all yours!!

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    4,094
    Next one:

    This royal suggested using bird calls as a means of communication.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Next one:

    This royal suggested using bird calls as a means of communication.
    Ah this one is easy (prepares to repent for being cocky ) - I must have missed it before. This it Thorin giving instructions to Bilbo when they are sneaking up on the three trolls:

    “Now it is the burglar’s turn,” they said, meaning Bilbo. “You must go on and find out all about that light, and what it is for, and if all is perfectly safe and canny,” said Thorin to the hobbit. “Now scuttle off, and come back quick, if all is well. If not, come back if you can! If you can’t, hoot twice like a barn-owl and once like a screech-owl, and we will do what we can.”
    Off Bilbo had to go, before he could explain that he could not hoot even once like any kind of owl any more than fly like a bat.”

    Excerpt From
    The Hobbit
    J. R. R Tolkien

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Ah this one is easy (prepares to repent for being cocky ) - I must have missed it before. This it Thorin giving instructions to Bilbo when they are sneaking up on the three trolls:

    “Now it is the burglar’s turn,” they said, meaning Bilbo. “You must go on and find out all about that light, and what it is for, and if all is perfectly safe and canny,” said Thorin to the hobbit. “Now scuttle off, and come back quick, if all is well. If not, come back if you can! If you can’t, hoot twice like a barn-owl and once like a screech-owl, and we will do what we can.”
    Off Bilbo had to go, before he could explain that he could not hoot even once like any kind of owl any more than fly like a bat.”

    Excerpt From
    The Hobbit
    J. R. R Tolkien
    This answer is not in the form of a question...but then again, my last answer wasn't either...

    Exactly right....your turn!
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    This answer is not in the form of a question...but then again, my last answer wasn't either...

    Exactly right....your turn!
    Sorry, who is Thorin? I keep doing that - doh!

    I will ruminate on a riddle and get back to you ...

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,124
    OK, here we go:

    A distant relation of Bilbo Baggins, who ended up travelling even further east than he did...

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    118
    Who was Basso Boffin? He left home at 26 to sail the ocean, and was never heard from again.

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatt View Post
    Who was Basso Boffin? He left home at 26 to sail the ocean, and was never heard from again.
    Interesting guess and a character I want to know more about now, but the answer is not nearly as obscure ...

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,124
    Another hint: a very well-known hobbit...

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW US
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Another hint: a very well-known hobbit...
    Well, I guess I'm not sure what qualifies as a "distant" relative but, certainly, Frodo travelled further east than Bilbo so...

    Who is Frodo Baggins?

    ...when in doubt...twirl...

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaboj View Post
    Well, I guess I'm not sure what qualifies as a "distant" relative but, certainly, Frodo travelled further east than Bilbo so...

    Who is Frodo Baggins?
    It’s not Frodo, no... but I am thinking of a member of the fellowship

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    4,094
    Who is Peregrin Took?
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Horsell Common
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Who is Peregrin Took?
    You got it! If you remember, it is the Tookish side of Bilbo that always gets him into trouble...

    You’re up!

    I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    You got it! If you remember, it is the Tookish side of Bilbo that always gets him into trouble...
    Yeah, and out of it as well.

    OK, next one:

    This royal was responsible for the loss of two cell-phone like devices.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Yeah, and out of it as well.

    OK, next one:

    This royal was responsible for the loss of two cell-phone like devices.
    Here's a hint: This king gave his heirloom ring in thanks.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  19. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Here's a hint: This king gave his heirloom ring in thanks.
    Who is King Arvedui?
    Laergwend (Mini) - member of Extraordinarily Adequate - Ithil

    Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Under the stairs Bonus Points: 3.14159
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Who is King Arvedui?
    That's it!

    The king gave the Ring Of Barahir to the chief of the "snowmen" of Forechel in thanks for helping when he and his folk were stranded.
    Cirdan sent a ship up north to rescue the king and his folk. Shortly after departing the ship was crushed in ice and went down, taking the palantirs of Anuminas and Amon Sul with it.

    His story is told in verse here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-The-Last-King

    Grats, the turn is yours!
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    ......................................................
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  21. #271
    A hero of old rode it into battle to slay an original firey beast.
    Laergwend (Mini) - member of Extraordinarily Adequate - Ithil

    Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    A hero of old rode it into battle to slay an original firey beast.
    What was Vingilot?, the great ship of Eärendil, which he "sailed" into battle and defeated Ancalagon, first and greatest of the winged dragons during the War of Wrath.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

  23. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    What was Vingilot?, the great ship of Eärendil, which he "sailed" into battle and defeated Ancalagon, first and greatest of the winged dragons during the War of Wrath.
    Correct!
    Your turn
    Laergwend (Mini) - member of Extraordinarily Adequate - Ithil

    Gladden Main: Laurelinarien (LM) - gathering dust in the historical archive of my LOTRO years -

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    Correct!
    Your turn

    Ok thanks

    Next up: A cruel, blood stained way.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    Next up: A cruel, blood stained way.
    Looks like this may a bit more obscure than I anticipated, a clue or two may be in order.

    It's a location in Middle-earth which was visited by the Fellowship.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

 

 
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload