We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Huge landscape bug around Combe Timber yard

Yesterday on Evernight during the intro quest series.

Approaching via the grassy ramp downstream of the stone bridge I suddenly started uncontrollable jumping, accompanied by splashing noises; backing away cleared it, but approaching the bridge from another direction started it again.

If I kept going, the jumps got higher and higher, until by the time I entered the yard, I was jumping so high, mobs around the yard were out of weapon range.

I had to log out of the character and log back in to clear the bug.

I am not sure if the entry path was to blame, as I saw another player on horse-back gallop through the area from the opposite side, while I was 20metres up.

Were you in a swimming animation? There's a rare bug where the environment behaves like it's flooded with water. Had it occur outside West Gate Bree and in one of the Barrows instances. It's so rare and a log clears it. Would take a few thousand hours of play to recreate so might as well just enjoy it if it happens, take some screenies or a video for prosperity.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

This is happening everywhere, not just Combe. I've so far had it in Foundations of Stone, the final cave for Twist-tongue's riddle, and Rivendell. It also causes you to slowly get higher and higher until you're literally flying way above the map.

Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Were you in a swimming animation? There's a rare bug where the environment behaves like it's flooded with water. Had it occur outside West Gate Bree and in one of the Barrows instances. It's so rare and a log clears it. Would take a few thousand hours of play to recreate so might as well just enjoy it if it happens, take some screenies or a video for prosperity.
    No swimming, more like jumping off into deep water, with the jump height getting higher and higher the further into the yard I went..

With the swimming bug, you are actually swimming (if I remember correctly); this was uncontrollable jumping higher and higher, although you could move/change direction.

I had my standard bearer with me, and he wasnt affected.