We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can part of the game client go on an SSD?

I was about to dump the game into a new/used laptop I use for editing in potatoshop and premiere but realized the game client is way too large to dump into premium space - only 256 gb total and I'm not letting a game hog a fifth of that!
    Is it possible to plop part of the game on ssd and the rest in deeper hdd storage? 10gb-ish on ssd would be optimal.

If that is a NO - can the game be installed to an SD card or even a memory stick and remain playable?
    Last edited by Macroscian; Apr 13 2019 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    I was about to dump the game into a new/used laptop I use for editing in potatoshop and premiere but realized the game client is way too large to dump into premium space - only 256 gb total and I'm not letting a game hog a fifth of that!
    Is it possible to plop part of the game on ssd and the rest in deeper hdd storage? 10gb-ish on ssd would be optimal.

If that is a NO - can the game be installed to an SD card or even a memory stick and remain playable?
    The game works much better on an SSD, but if there’s not enough space then just stick the whole game on the HDD; just change the install path from C: to E: or whatever the HDD letter is.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    The game works much better on an SSD, but if there’s not enough space then just stick the whole game on the HDD; just change the install path from C: to E: or whatever the HDD letter is.
    Yes it can be played off of removable media; there might be a requirement to open the folder and run registerturbinegdf (I think thats the name); I know you have to do this when porting the install between computers.

I supposed a fast USB3 drive might be faster than an internal HDD.

Sadly, it is the huge graphical files that need the speed of the SSD, so even if you split the files up (possible, but I dont want to give any ideas on how, in case it all went wrong), just leaving the basic game engine files on the SSD wouldnt help speed-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-0-Flash-Drive Other results are available via the Google.