We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Ghânush

Ghânush

Just ran into this guy in Moria.

Lotro Wiki isnt much help on stats, but what there is is out of date - Morale is 89K, not 68K.

Still, my Mini is L63 and wearing all Teal, so I thought I would give it a go, and see how far I got.

I got one shotted.

Fairly certain this isnt meant to happen.

I cam across a 2011 video, and he only had 40K morale, and an L65 Champ with worse stats than me was going toe to toe with hardly any damage.

Anyone else run into him?

My only other thought is reflected damage, but I only got one shot in myself (Piercing Cry).

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Anyone else run into him?
    I've come across him in the distant past. He was lurking near one of the treasure chests you have to collect for Bori(?). Can't remember what character I was on but it didn't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Lotro Wiki isnt much help on stats, but what there is is out of date - Morale is 89K, not 68K.
    Anybody can edit the wiki. Although it really helps to have accurate numbers (not just 89k) and the other stuff, I will submit that change for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    I've come across him in the distant past. He was lurking near one of the treasure chests you have to collect for Bori(?). Can't remember what character I was on but it didn't end well.
    Did you get one shotted though? I could understand a Nemisis one shotting, but not an Elite, even a rare one; I was expecting a long drawn-out fight, and yes, probably getting deep sixed, but not in less than 1 second.

I am tempted top take my L115 Hunter in and have a good look at him if I can find him again; this is the first time I have come across him in 7 runs through Moria.

EDIT.

Yes, he was lurking in the same spot for me; in fact I THINK I might have taken him out with another alt some years ago, but meds for my damaged brain nerve issue have swiss-cheesed my brain.
    Last edited by Yarbro; Apr 09 2019 at 09:11 AM.

Be thankful you didn't run into Baba Ganoush.
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Quote Originally Posted by Raymore View Post
    Be thankful you didn't run into Baba Ganoush.
    "mashed cooked eggplant mixed with tahini, olive oil, and various seasoning"

??

It sounds delish. Where in Moria can I find this??

Dunno about Moria, but I know this Persian restaurant in Ridgewood....

That guy is Elite Master actually, not an Elite, and I remember getting some of my characters killed by him even before the recent changes, so my guess is he's probably on the tougher side of Elite Masters to begin with.

He wasn't there when I just went to search for him (AFAIK, he's only got 1 spawn point/area), but noticed another Rare nearby: Lhugarch, who now has exactly double the Morale it previously had (26,134 vs. 13,067), and even while being immune to my yellow lvl 53 RK's stuns, s/he only did 200-1000 dmg on me per hit (the big hits being very rare), so even with modest gear I was able to heal that off and survive the fight.

I think I'll go look for more Rares from now on, and see how they are now after the revamps
    Last edited by TharbadThief; Apr 11 2019 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TharbadThief View Post
    That guy is Elite Master actually, not an Elite, and I remember getting some of my characters killed by him even before the recent changes, so my guess is he's probably on the tougher side of Elite Masters to begin with.

He wasn't there when I just went to search for him (AFAIK, he's only got 1 spawn point/area), but noticed another Rare nearby: Lhugarch, who now has exactly double the Morale it previously had (26,134 vs. 13,067), and even while being immune to my yellow lvl 53 RK's stuns, s/he only did 200-1000 dmg on me per hit (the big hits being very rare), so even with modest gear I was able to heal that off and survive the fight.

I think I'll go look for more Rares from now on, and see how they are now after the revamps
    I've parked my LM near his spawn point to try and get a read on him, and see what his damage and mitigation stats are. I took out Lugarch in about 30 seconds without even needing a heal, in fact a CRAM was all I did in prep; with 89K I expected a drawn out fight and loading a +5 damage, -10 incoming, extra health AND a cram; so wondering if the recent revamps have caused a boo boo with Ghanush's stats, or if he has a super strong reflection mit for ranged skills. In the video he does keep throwing the Champ away to open the range.

Yeah, I commented on the Angmar Trolls and Elites getting 100% morale boosts, where other mobs were only getting a 50-60% boost, although the CD Elite Trolls outside the gate to the CD instance only got the 50% boost, so I managed to get both my Troll and Orc slayer deeds done at the same time. Took a few days though, at around a minute per Troll/Elite

I just killed him with my level 58 Guardian. Not too difficult a fight, actually. He's in the Second Hall.

I started the fight with my ranged skill, Let Fly, and Ghanush responded with a big hit at range, I think it was shadow damage, which took around 4 k of my morale (I'm slightly under 10 k). But I could recover with Catch a Breath and Warrior's Heart and a morale pot.

Then the fight proceeded as a normal melee fight. Beyond that initial big hit, Ghanush didn't use any especially dangerous skill, so once I recoverd from the initial hit my morale was all the time near 100%, while he died fast enough.

I was in red for faster dps, but I use a one handed sword plus shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeg View Post
    I just killed him with my level 58 Guardian. Not too difficult a fight, actually. He's in the Second Hall.

I started the fight with my ranged skill, Let Fly, and Ghanush responded with a big hit at range, I think it was shadow damage, which took around 4 k of my morale (I'm slightly under 10 k). But I could recover with Catch a Breath and Warrior's Heart and a morale pot.

Then the fight proceeded as a normal melee fight. Beyond that initial big hit, Ghanush didn't use any especially dangerous skill, so once I recoverd from the initial hit my morale was all the time near 100%, while he died fast enough.

I was in red for faster dps, but I use a one handed sword plus shield.
    Thanks; it looks like he has a big ranged reflection skill then, I hit him with my best ranged skill, that usually causes ~6K-8K of tactical light damage and my 5K Morale Mini went straight down. If I come across him again, I will try a few ballads first, Min doent really have any useful melee skills though.

I keep popping in with my L99 LM to try and scope out his stats, the Wiki is way out of date on most Elites etc, right now; and in this case the stats other than the incorrect Moral are empty.

I ran into another Elite Master that the wiki says has 68K, he had 148K so I hit him with a stun and ran!!