We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcSmiter View Post
    DN isn't particularly difficult for any static (kin) group, it's just difficult for pugs. I can't imagine they could make this more doable for pugs without nerfing Flagit to the point of facerolling. In other words this would be bringing it back to what it was like before the update - where morale was so low that any pug could blow through the bosses ignoring mechanics. I can't imagine anyone truly wants to go back to that.

As far as it taking 2-3 hours, I just don't get it. We typically take an hour to go through it in a group of six, the last couple times we 5-manned the first two or three bosses and still finished in about an hour. That's not to say every group out there is going to do the same, but a full raid of reasonably competent players should be taking no more than 40-60 minutes.

If you find it too hard to pug, which is pretty understandable since it seems like the majority do fail, join a kin that runs it successfully. The one I'm in isn't the only one on the server that does it, there are plenty to choose from. Or form a static group.

But regardless, please don't complain about it being too hard - it's not. It's not even particularly challenging content, and really, some of us would like to see the difficulty ramped up significantly.

Not everyone farmed the watcher back when it was easy. Most of the Avg pug players don't have their head or shoulders to the moria set yet a lone a first age weapon. Things may not be so hard to you or your kin but it is for some. Most players took their time getting to moria to enjoy the content. We didn't rush a head to take advantage of weaker raids instance to get better and strong gear just so we can we above the current game difficult and act like we are elitist . This past week i ran the turtle with others that still only had third age weapons. But regardless, please don't act that it's too easy for everyone- it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by igreywolf View Post
    But regardless, please don't act that it's too easy for everyone- it's not.
    Today i get killed by the Turtle.
    This does not depend on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd age items, that depends on falling asleep while fighting a boss AND PRESSING "F1" before.
    I am still sure - it is, as is was the whole time - a single target boss fight.
    I did not asked, as i know i would get no answer, BUT WHAT TARGET the guys attacking else? the Autoattacks would kill the Turtle.

What OrcSmiter/Salmeth wrote is not very fair.
    I played this week with Salmeth and i would say that is one of the few 10% Hunters.
    (The 10% are the Damagedealer of that Class)

There are many Easymode Watcher Runs each day. The only thing you have to do it follow the Targetassist, stay by the Shield and Dodge the Steam at the start.
    We explain it, what to do and is works very easy. Time is here seldom a problem.
    (Rolling on Treasury Stone as Hunter, or Captain (as Today GZ to the 21sp 22cp) will bring you still on my friends blacklist)

So one week to finish items.
    Weapontype would be nice on your weapons, but only if you want to hurt the little creatures in the darkness
    Solve the Problem: Dolven View - Quest:The Training Hall ca. 5 min - you can do it in the time, while the raid forms - or do no damage to the last 2 bosses.
    Guardian of the Deep Halls

But 12 years where not enough to read the few skills a hunter needs to do some damage.

ps.: tomorrow i will be peaceful again :-)
    Last edited by Laubgaenger; Apr 22 2019 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcSmiter View Post
    I can't imagine anyone truly wants to go back to that.
    I do. Right now, DN isn't challenging for a kin (with a lot of kins just 6 manning it), and yet it's frustrating for pugs. I've only been in 1 damn pug this whole time that had everyone who knew the Flagit fight, and even that was because half the people were from the same kin. It's the only time I've completed all of DN this time around, too. All the other times it's a guaranteed wipe at Flagit because most people fail to understand what the mechanics are even after having it explained to them multiple times. I'd much prefer to see it made faceroll again than have to keep wasting locks. That's why the tiered system should've been added, so it can cover all bases, but SSG failed to deliver. As of now, we've got Turtle still a faceroll, Watcher still a faceroll if you've got 10k morale and a range tank strat, and DN a faceroll up to Flagit where pugs pretty much stop while kins breeze through easy. It's not good for anyone.

Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

Thanks for the changes, SSG. Looked like a 25-30% morale decrease and it made 5-man really tolerable without trivializing anything. At least not more than it already was. Looks like they may have increased mob damage a touch, as well. Felt like I was getting hit a little harder. Welcome changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Thanks for the changes, SSG. Looked like a 25-30% morale decrease and it made 5-man really tolerable without trivializing anything. At least not more than it already was. Looks like they may have increased mob damage a touch, as well. Felt like I was getting hit a little harder. Welcome changes.
    Sure, if you plan to 5-6 man it. But it was faceroll for a full raid group. We run it 3 times a week in a full group, and today it was simply pathetically easy. The bosses were trivial to beat. Disappointing. The one positive thing was that the loot was fixed so a gem dropped in each chest.

Also, did Watcher get nerfed too? The tentacles seemed easier today.
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 120~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Gwinthilnel View Post
    Sure, if you plan to 5-6 man it. But it was faceroll for a full raid group. We run it 3 times a week in a full group, and today it was simply pathetically easy. The bosses were trivial to beat. Disappointing. The one positive thing was that the loot was fixed so a gem dropped in each chest.

Also, did Watcher get nerfed too? The tentacles seemed easier today.
    It was pretty faceroll yesterday in a full group, from what I saw. Level of skill varies between groups, I guess, and obviously there are people for whom it was difficult yesterday and not so today, but at least there's the option of creating difficulty by bringing fewer people.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    Today i get killed by the Turtle.
    This does not depend on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd age items, that depends on falling asleep while fighting a boss AND PRESSING "F1" before.
    I am still sure - it is, as is was the whole time - a single target boss fight.
    I did not asked, as i know i would get no answer, BUT WHAT TARGET the guys attacking else? the Autoattacks would kill the Turtle.

What OrcSmiter/Salmeth wrote is not very fair.
    I played this week with Salmeth and i would say that is one of the few 10% Hunters.
    (The 10% are the Damagedealer of that Class)

There are many Easymode Watcher Runs each day. The only thing you have to do it follow the Targetassist, stay by the Shield and Dodge the Steam at the start.
    We explain it, what to do and is works very easy. Time is here seldom a problem.
    (Rolling on Treasury Stone as Hunter, or Captain (as Today GZ to the 21sp 22cp) will bring you still on my friends blacklist)

So one week to finish items.
    Weapontype would be nice on your weapons, but only if you want to hurt the little creatures in the darkness
    Solve the Problem: Dolven View - Quest:The Training Hall ca. 5 min - you can do it in the time, while the raid forms - or do no damage to the last 2 bosses.
    Guardian of the Deep Halls

But 12 years where not enough to read the few skills a hunter needs to do some damage.

ps.: tomorrow i will be peaceful again :-)
    I wasn't saying it was hard was just pointing out that not everyone gear is the same. As in better gear like first age weapon compared to a third age would do more damage. May not make a difference but would make a DPS race faster. So if some have top end gear compare to others that don't may think a raid or content is easy. Example take off your armor and remove your weapon in a turtle raid would say that was easy?

Quote Originally Posted by igreywolf View Post
    I wasn't saying it was hard was just pointing out that not everyone gear is the same. As in better gear like first age weapon compared to a third age would do more damage. May not make a difference but would make a DPS race faster. So if some have top end gear compare to others that don't may think a raid or content is easy. Example take off your armor and remove your weapon in a turtle raid would say that was easy?
    I think that do the most hunters in that the turtelraid :-)
    For them it was easy - not damage no aggro, staying a the door of the ini, ....

Gear does it make a little bit easier, but the core comes from the right order of using the different skills, usage of special procs and so on.
    I see captains that play without buffs. sometimes the random chance will proc something.

Hunters.....
    to be fair - i played this night with a very nice one.

Yesterday i tanked in blue (as captain) - not by intention, but the enemies believe strongly that i have to be the core of the roit.
    (i even was not sure, if i forgot to change the skilltree)

There was a time, where pick flowers bring you the best items.
    But only one gardener becomes a hero on middleearth.
    Best items for the challenge to pick flowers faster as the other gardener?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2