We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

So what is the purpose of the blueline burglar

It feels completly useless however I still like it.
    But damage is a lot lower than red (even in the ridiculous low context of burg dps atm). Survivability is decent but nothing great.
    Is it meant to be a solo line? Then it should emphasize burst damage and not bleeds (which suck btw). When you solo you want to kill stuff quicky not wait for bleeds to kick in.
    Is it meant to be a dps line? It falls utterly short compared to red even out of stealth.
    Is it meant to be a debuffing line? Keep in mind debuffing gamble is additive (eg useless on non-normal landscape mobs), has a ridiculous short duration. The crowd control is borderline OP, I give you that. But it loses it's usefulness since u can do that even while yellow or red by traiting in blue.
    So what is the purpose of this build?

In my humble oppinion this should be the solo line, that has good burst damage and good survivability (yes, more akin to redline's traits regarding burst). While redline should be the one that benefits from stronger bleeds and positional damage at the cost of lower survivability when solo. Red should be the instance high-dps line (which as I posted on suggestions forum should reach red-hunter levels for single-target if played by a skilled player) which takes a while to get going.

The bleed damage is also pathetic at the moment. In redline stealthed my devastating CA tooltip says like 8k. That is a joke considering a friend of mine told me it was 25k 1-2years ago. With 8k for devastating bleed that means my hunter's barbed arrow has a stronger bleed than burg. How nice of it. Not even speaking of a real bleed class such as warden or fire RK.

Also, burglar's advantage bleed is like 500 tick every 3s for 21s. Very useful against mobs with 100k morale on landscape. (playing blue in instances is an utopia).

What could also be done with this line, would be to turn it into a single-target tanking line (akin to yellow cappy). I do think that would be really nice and bring some fresh breath into this class that is close to useless in the current meta (people only want it in raids for double disable/enrage and reveal weakness, otherwise you are useless there).
    If that were to happen, it could be based on reducing the damage the blue burglar recieves from the boss to make up for the medium armor. Or simply making blue more sturdy.

blueline has no purpose besides giving nice traits for crosstraiting.
    It deals less damage than red while being worse for support than yellow.

The only reason to run blue is permanent chainCC daze on up to 10 targets. And thats so impressive, that it should never have existed.
    Blueline needs a revamp to become something different, whether that is tanky or ranged or aoe or heal... anything different than dps/support
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Blue line is the work of the well known newspaper columnists Phil Space, and his wife Philupa Space.

Gambler burg is my main. In retrospect I probably would have gone red, but had sunk too much into my ILI's before I realized what was involved with the crystal/SoE grind to change. I even dumped two 1st-age ILI's that I had intended to level up for red line in order to make room for leveling 3rd-age LIs to make blue marbles and shards.

Works fine for a solo player like me, albeit with fully maxed ILI's and at lvl 116. Other than mobs with an aura, I can stealth past what I don't want to deal with. I can stun several mobs in a group and take them down one at a time. I never felt this was overpowered - - unlike many classes, we have no distance attack and we (literally) have to crawl up mobs' butts to hit them, so the dazes are our compensation. Stacking bleeds are my bread and butter, though after a good wack with gambler's strike. My "get out of jail free" cards are All In and Touch and Go. I rarely need HiPS, but it's there.

Sure, it's the ugly stepchild of burgs, perhaps made to take up space. But like pretty much any class in the game it can take you all the way when you know how to play it.

Of course, I know I'm worthless to groups / raids. That's OK to me.
    Last edited by Occum; Apr 06 2019 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    Gambler burg is my main. In retrospect I probably would have gone red, but had sunk too much into my ILI's before I realized what was involved with the crystal/SoE grind to change. I even dumped two 1st-age ILI's that I had intended to level up for red line in order to make room for leveling 3rd-age LIs to make blue marbles and shards.

Works fine for a solo player like me, albeit with fully maxed ILI's and at lvl 116. Other than mobs with an aura, I can stealth past what I don't want to deal with. I can stun several mobs in a group and take them down one at a time. I never felt this was overpowered - - unlike many classes, we have no distance attack and we (literally) have to crawl up mobs' butts to hit them, so the dazes are our compensation. Stacking bleeds are my bread and butter, though after a good wack with gambler's strike. My "get out of jail free" cards are All In and Touch and Go. I rarely need HiPS, but it's there.

Sure, it's the ugly stepchild of burgs, perhaps made to take up space. But like pretty much any class in the game it can take you all the way when you know how to play it.

Of course, I know I'm worthless to groups / raids. That's OK to me.
    blueline is a gimped piece of #### garbage waste of space spec that shouldve been deleted when HD launched. period.
    Exploit

Has anyone been able to test whether the new (and severely nerfed) debuffing gamble still works additively and not multiplicatively?

Must not be many Burgs out there in the world, I havent seen much feedback from the patch. I have been playing blue-line on legendary server, I am enjoying it but still only like level 55. I noticed a big jump in dps post patch but I doubt level 55 is representative of anything going on at the 120 meta. For me though I am enjoying it, I solo a lot and blue seems to be more than up to the task. Has anyone run any number to see how it stacks up with Red? I am guessing this is impossible because of the time and effort to get a maxed LI for blue...kinda makes testing impossible doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Feandir_86 View Post
    Has anyone been able to test whether the new (and severely nerfed) debuffing gamble still works additively and not multiplicatively?
    Debuffing gamble got nerfed from 40% to 12% at max tier, and it is still additive. Tested it in t2 Glimmerdeep on that first troll.

Male hobbit burg solo skills seemed a little slower in executing but not badly. Everything except male human has slow animation anyway so not much worse.

Cunning attack bleed nerfed to close to useless with no stacking and 4 ticks. As well as very slow execution makes it a no go.
    Surprise strike went from one-shot normal melee (~90k) to one-shot normal elites (~150k).

Melee damage went up quite a bit. Have to watch out positioning if you use riddle that the AoE crit response skills don’t wake them up. Or just dps them down with the AoE which is quite good. If you use the immediate crit skill at the right moment it can cut nicely through a long animation though can screw up your rotation.

Surprise strike from stealth or aim + cdg are both kill strikes so at least with soloing you are now kill limited by the sneak cooldown.

Just my experience on 120 resource instances.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    blueline is a gimped piece of #### garbage waste of space spec that shouldve been deleted when HD launched. period.
    Very insightful, informative and well-considered. Thank you.

thats what im here for
    Exploit

He's right though. It's a pointless traitline that creates the danger of baiting new players into investing time and currency into building into it without knowing any better. Better to retain only the two viable traitlines than to keep the waste of space that is blue line alongside them.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBaggy View Post
    He's right though. It's a pointless traitline that creates the danger of baiting new players into investing time and currency into building into it without knowing any better. Better to retain only the two viable traitlines than to keep the waste of space that is blue line alongside them.
    Maybe its not the best endgame traitline, but its still completely viable for landscape. Definitely not waste of space.
    If you want max dps in red, you want to invest quite a lot points into blue line, even skipping some of the red ones.

I personally have blue build too and even nowadays ocasionaly play it for fun. I might give it more time again, after they finish working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4andreas View Post
    Maybe its not the best endgame traitline, but its still completely viable for landscape. Definitely not waste of space.
    If you want max dps in red, you want to invest quite a lot points into blue line, even skipping some of the red ones.

I personally have blue build too and even nowadays ocasionaly play it for fun. I might give it more time again, after they finish working on it.
    well... landscape is still completely viable if you dont trait anything at all. so whats the point?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    well... landscape is still completely viable if you dont trait anything at all. so whats the point?
    By landscape i ment solo content. During CoS farms i heard from a player that played blue line burglar that they could not solo it.
    Yes it was much easier on red line since it have better dps, and you could kill the brother before it had chance to apply the nasty bleed to you.
    However i took it as a challange and did it in blue line too. It was fun.

So let me ask you, whats the point?

Well with the last changes blue burgs are the best dpser + they debuff (randomly) with random strenght their targets.