We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

She is standing in my food!

My favorite part of the festival so far... can't believe I never noticed this until now.
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

It feels like a fourth wall break - I stand on tables in this game too xD

Laurelin Server.
    MUH SILMARILS!

Thank you for pointing this out! I missed it when I was up there. It's just a hilarious call out to folks who don't pay attention to where they are standing in game. (Yes, I'm guilty, lol) So fun to think the NPC's are talking about us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post
    My favorite part of the festival so far... can't believe I never noticed this until now.
    It's possible that when you did that quest the first time it wasn't happening -- this is one of those cases where we made something a lot more complicated than it probably needed to be, especially given how populated the Festivals can be.

For 'Pretty Parched Partygoers,' those tables actually start with very few NPCs. Every time a player brings a bottle of Spring Wine to the table, more NPCs show up, until the maximum number of partygoers is reached. It stays in that state for ten minutes, at which point we go back to the starting state for the table, with just the one partygoer. The final state of each table has an NPC who comments on the situation (like the lady whose food is being trampled). So it's possible you saw that table during a window when this scene wasn't even active!

But chances are low. The reason this design ended up being probably not worth the effort is because with so many people playing the Festival, each table is basically always at capacity! So I figured I'd at least explain that there is something dynamic going on with these, even if it isn't especially obvious.

MoL

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfLions View Post
    But chances are low. The reason this design ended up being probably not worth the effort is because with so many people playing the Festival, each table is basically always at capacity! So I figured I'd at least explain that there is something dynamic going on with these, even if it isn't especially obvious.
    Haha! I'd been noticing people appeared! I wondered if it was some kind of lazy loading when I got close enough.

This particular thing might not have been worth the effort, but I have to say that seeing more random happy NPCs at festivals really contributes to the mood for me. It makes the world feel less like it revolves around us. I realize there's effort and resources involved in adding more decorative NPCs, but s'far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier!
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    I wondered if it was some kind of lazy loading when I got close enough.
    Another satisfied customer!

:P

MoL

Another satisfied customer!
    Well, I was SORT OF RIGHT, c'mon. They loaded when I got close enough with the wine. LOL.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

It's possible that when you did that quest the first time it wasn't happening -- this is one of those cases where we made something a lot more complicated than it probably needed to be, especially given how populated the Festivals can be.

For 'Pretty Parched Partygoers,' those tables actually start with very few NPCs. Every time a player brings a bottle of Spring Wine to the table, more NPCs show up, until the maximum number of partygoers is reached. It stays in that state for ten minutes, at which point we go back to the starting state for the table, with just the one partygoer. The final state of each table has an NPC who comments on the situation (like the lady whose food is being trampled). So it's possible you saw that table during a window when this scene wasn't even active!

MoL
    Yes, I noticed that! And that's why I love lotro so much. "It's the little things that count" (that was a slogan in patchnotes long time ago) and it's these complicated things that make middle earth feel real and populated. Thank you for this "more complicated than it probably needed to be"-work!

MoL
    I figured it out, and enjoyed it so much I added a note about the behavior to the wiki page! Wasn't sure about the reset interval, though, so I'm going to have to update it with the ten minutes bit. Thanks for the info!

(I also recorded all of the party-goer speech bubbles with the intent of adding them to the wiki when I have time. Loved that bit of humor with the poor woman whose supper was ruined!)

I also just recognized the Simpsons quote on the Extra Deliciously Tasty Biscuits ("I'd say he eats more like a duck; pigs tend to chew") and while I'm disappointed in MYSELF for immediately recognizing it... I absolutely love that it's there!
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth