We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Caverns of Thrumfall bugs? - U23.4.1

Posting here to ask for any additional information about this from the community, and to list all these in one place.

My kinmate and I ran Caverns T2 on Monday before the U23.4.1 patch with no issues.
    Following the patch, we encountered a number of bugs which prevented us from finishing the last boss, Etterfang.
    Prior to this update, neither of us experienced these bugs despite having run it on T2 weekly for the last few months. A blue name response would be great!

1. Echoes of Thrumfall, the orange circles Etterfang casts, hits twice in some cases, as opposed to once before patch. The visual shows two of the circles overlaid/slightly offset on the ground, and the cappy herald standing inside took two hits. Casting time seemed different as well.

2. Before patch, Etterfang casts a blob of tar in a square area, and then sets it alight with flame a few seconds afterward. After patch, it seems to cast very quickly, back to back in some cases, resulting in unavoidable deaths.

3. Some of her sweeping side-to-side breath attacks ignore the Protection buff when standing by the border of the stalactite, but within the Protection effect. However we could not reliably reproduce the effect.

4. Following the first group wipe, Etterfang reset correctly when we ran up to the entrance of the boss room, but the damaged stalactites did not respawn. The fight began when we started the boss, with the stalactites still damaged from the previous fight.

5. Following the second group wipe, Etterfang did not reset when we approached the entrance of the boss room and cast the double Echoes of Thrumfall (orange circles) outside the entrance, but without the usual amount of warning time to leave the circles before it blew us up. I would estimate the orange circles appeared for less than a second before detonation. This occurred close to where the Wandering Flames are prior to entering Etterfang's room. One person was a bit behind and did not get one shotted. Etterfang AND the stalactites reset correctly when this fellow went up to the entrance of the boss room, following our death to the circles.

Please add any additional experiences, or information about these bugs so the devs can see. Thanks and happy hunting!
    Last edited by MorphenVanyarion; Apr 03 2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider
    Kinship- "Tolkien's Legacy" on Vilya

Quote Originally Posted by MorphenVanyarion View Post
    1. Echoes of Thrumfall, the orange circles Etterfang casts, hits twice in some cases, as opposed to once before patch. The visual shows two of the circles overlaid/slightly offset on the ground, and the cappy herald standing inside took two hits. Casting time seemed different as well.
    I didn´t run the instance but I want to comment on this mechanic: there were always two hits.

The first comes immediately after showing circles and can´t be avoided, the second is delayed and can be avoided by running out of orange circle

You mentioned in your point 2 quick cast, it might be the case also here.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

3. Some of her sweeping side-to-side breath attacks ignore the Protection buff when standing by the border of the stalactite, but within the Protection effect. However we could not reliably reproduce the effect.
    Happened to me a few weeks ago. Two of us stood right behind a stalactite (buff was active), but were one-shot by Etterfang's breath attack. Same happened last week. This bug seems to occur very rarely, but isn't new. VERY annoying, since you do everything right and are killed anyway. Probably hard to fix, since it is unclear what triggers the bug.

Her breath is weird, because you need to be protected before ehe actually breaths her fire. AS soon ehe starts to move her head you can move out of cover and you will be fine.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum, the chance that I read them is low.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    Her breath is weird, because you need to be protected before ehe actually breaths her fire. AS soon ehe starts to move her head you can move out of cover and you will be fine.
    THIS exactly.
    If you're without the protection buff when Etterfang begins the firebreath animation (starts with Etterfang making a head swing one way) , you're already too late and will get hit. Watch out for the dialog (text), and run to protection area ASAP you see the line warning about a upcoming firebreath (there's two different dialogs).
    The Rockdrops (circles) will give you one unavoidable hit around 60-70K (T3) and more DOT if you keep staying in the circle. To me it does not seem like the initial hit will hit you more than once, even if you are all staying close to each other and circles are stacking. When you run out of the circle, you can run back in it shortly after, without getting any damage from the DOT. Worth considering when circles are around protection area, and the firebreath is executed seconds after rockdrops.

Haven't ran Caverns after update though. If something changed above may not be true. Gonna make a run (t2) tonight, to check.

Don't worry, they will just sweep this instance under the rug like they did with the Dungeons of Naerband, and conveniently forget about it.
    T3 is completely unplayable even with optimal group setup after the T3 changes from a few months back.

Maybe it will get a fix when the Legendary server reaches level 120.

Didn't make the T2 run, as kinnie didn't complete T3. But T3 seems like before update.

Didn't have any bugs, when killed, and had to restart Etterfang fight several times (Etterfang took us an hour).

Did the fight from range, behind the Stalagmite far away from boss, So didn't get the TAR attack.

Group: Guard, Hunter and Beorning.

People actually still run this terrible instance? I'm surprised. You all obviously have more patience than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMcStacky View Post
    People actually still run this terrible instance? I'm surprised. You all obviously have more patience than I do.
    There's no incentive to run it at any tier higher than T1 for weekly embers, but T3 completion gives an interesting title which many people want, especially Game of Thrones fans.