We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter on a budget

I would like to level up a hunter, but, because of the heavy demand for scrolls and crystals for my Captain, I would need to do so on a budget. My hunter would be for solo play and raids and instances with my kin (mostly T1 with an occasional T2), so I am looking to be able to be raid capable and still do some blue line soloing with a minimum of LIs. My thoughts are as follows:

First Age Bow (use maximum crystals on this)
    Upshot Damage
    Hunter Damage over Time
    Induction Bow Damage
    Induction Bow Critical Multiplier
    Focus Bow Critical Multiplier
    Quick Shot Critical
    Heart Seeker Damage

Swap Bow (no crystals and scrolls only for Burn Hot)
    Burn Hot Damage

Main Hand (no crystals)
    Merciful Shot Cooldown
    Precision Stance Critical Magnitude
    Press Onward Cooldown
    Rain of Arrows Damage
    Barrage Damage
    Agility
    Vitality

For the main hand, after Merciful Shot and Precision Stance Critical, there doesn't seem to be any good legacies for Red Line raiding, so I filled it with legacies that would be generally useful, especially for Blue Line Solo.

Any thoughts or ideas? Especially, am I missing any Main Hand legacies that are vital for raiding? Your expertise is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by dapamdg1 View Post
    I would like to level up a hunter, but, because of the heavy demand for scrolls and crystals for my Captain, I would need to do so on a budget. My hunter would be for solo play and raids and instances with my kin (mostly T1 with an occasional T2), so I am looking to be able to be raid capable and still do some blue line soloing with a minimum of LIs. My thoughts are as follows:

First Age Bow (use maximum crystals on this)
    Upshot Damage
    Hunter Damage over Time
    Induction Bow Damage
    Induction Bow Critical Multiplier
    Focus Bow Critical Multiplier
    Quick Shot Critical
    Heart Seeker Damage

Burn Hot Damage

Main Hand (no crystals)
    Merciful Shot Cooldown
    Press Onward Cooldown
    Rain of Arrows Damage
    Barrage Damage
    Agility
    Vitality

For the main hand, after Merciful Shot and Precision Stance Critical, there doesn't seem to be any good legacies for Red Line raiding, so I filled it with legacies that would be generally useful, especially for Blue Line Solo.

Any thoughts or ideas? Especially, am I missing any Main Hand legacies that are vital for raiding? Your expertise is appreciated.
    You don't need Agility after it's been nerfed in mastery contribution, better to get Fate for power regen. And if you are doing mainly T1 with some T2 then this is fine.

EDIT - jsut realised i was reading some things wrong. my bad, nothing to add. carry on!

You can add Swift Bow Damage legacy on swap...

Main Hand (no crystals)
    Merciful Shot Cooldown
    Press Onward Cooldown
    Rain of Arrows Damage
    Barrage Damage
    Agility
    Vitality
    You might use strength stance legacy instead of the weak stat legacies, if you don't want to waste a legacy replacement scroll later. Improved precision stance will be unreachable for red hunters in the future (when... no date yet, but Vastin said so during the hunter balance pass).

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...88#post7837788

"At some point in the hopefully not too distant future I'd like to move the focus generation mechanics into the line set bonuses, and swap one of the other mechanics into the tree lines. Alas, don't have time for that substantial a restructure on this pass. Putting them high up in the trees was simple and as close as I'm going to get for the time being."

Strength might become stronger for red/precision less desirable, when this will be done... but it is quite some time ago, when he said this. Maybe it will be done, when they finish hunter balance pass. Whenever that may be. So it might take a long time and you might prefer to have the miniscule benefit of a stat legacy for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHunter View Post
    You can add Swift Bow Damage legacy on swap...
    Burn Hot Damage
    Sure, it is worth it?

no crystals= low dps and no maxed induction legacies (induction damage and crit multiplyer) So swift bow on this swap looks more like a dps loss to me, but I didn't do the exact math.
    Last edited by Tatharil; Apr 02 2019 at 12:55 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

Now, what tweaks would you recommend to the LIs for more intense T2 to T3 raiding?

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions.

Now, what tweaks would you recommend to the LIs for more intense T2 to T3 raiding?
    For more intense raiding, it's more about player situational awareness, rotation, and gear than LIs, which are already fine for T2 btw.