We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Legendary No Armour/Jewellery Zero Death Run {Ithi/Anorl} series Levelling Challenge

Vedui Randir,

I am going to start my Legendary Noldo No Armour/Jewellery No Death Run {Ithil} series with my hunter. It will be streamed live. I wonder for how long she can endure. The ultimate goal is to hit 60 {Future level caps included} and minimum level 50 without dying and following the rules {Read Bellow} Though it is not simple as you might first imagine, tis way more than cheating death for sure.

Following rules:

1) No Deaths allowed,Combat death,Dying after the mob? was killed {Dot's} does count.The unfortunate death caused by falling damage, dropping from high cliff /abyss will be punished by deleting the character and starting all over again. The only exception for the rule is the client crash or sudden loss of connection in combat which must be proved by streaming and repeated in same exact position or by repeating the same Landscape quest, killing the foe/ or delivering the goods whatever the goal is. So let us say ,Alas! Snap, crash in heat of battle. Wait for 30 seconds -1 Minute. Re log and if you did in fact died then it is acceptable to run again without creating a new character. Performance issues,General sever lag,your PC problems will be no excuse.
    2) No Armour/Jewellery allowed at all,never since the very introduction/Race Prologue quest ~ Debatable , subject to change eventually.
    3) Weapon,Primary,off hand,utility,Such are bows/Crossbows for melee classes ,RK's Chisel.Captain's standard of Hope or Hunter's Book is allowed. Virtues are permitted,
    4) One cannot use any Store Buff, XP boost, Destiny points XP boost, Hobbit presents,Mithril coin,Speed buff {Hunter's Find the path is allowed} Out of combat speed runs,Basically if you buy anything which will give you the slightest advantage in battle from the store you are instantly disqualified.
    5) It is forbidden to use Hope tokens/Battle/Warding Lore/Athelas {Morale}Celebrant{Power} Potions or curative potions,Food or have the temporary buffs of other classes.
    6) One can apply any racial buff or escape skill if needed.Skills are absolutely free to use as long as they are skills only.Regardless of the class,Captain's can use The Last stand, Hunter's can escape with Desperate Flight or Burglars will be popping Hide in the plain sight for instance.
    7) Grouping is forbidden. Solo adventure without aid of none,everything must be streamed live as a proof of eventual success.
    8) The Default VIP bonus XP shall count of course, but one must not gain experience by crafting at all, unless you can fashion a weapon once each five or ten levels for yourself, XP gain is insignificant.
    9) Epic books must be skipped. Inspiration buff is way too potent and an "easy" rapid way of finishing quests and gaining additional experience. IMPORTANT! Please keep in mind you can do Epic's Landscape quests, but not an instance ones which grants an inspiration buff.
    10) One cannot skip prologue with Veteran stats.
    11) One cannot even swift travel to desired destination or Map home,ever,NEVER. I suggest to never even hit Milestone at all and remove your map travel from your skill bar/quickslot. An example: Forochel, You have a quest in Suri Kyla and she is stuck in Talvi Muri , Yes you will have to run or ride all the way long. "Natural progression" To test the patience and determination of certain individuals.
    12) No Mounts until 35.

The rules might be changed if the adventure becomes truly impossible to finish, but only with an extensive testing/failures.Let us say by allowing several armour pieces or use of Health potions.It will greatly depend on the class,quest,the amount of foes you will be facing and type of the task.

Rules 2) and 3) are only a subject for change , every other rule shall be Permanent, please note you are not required to embark on such ardours task,but I will and if you do decide then please stick to the rules,surely you can break several but then it won't be so Legendary and remarkable compared to other player's dedication.

Best of luck and May the Grace of Valar protect you.

P.S. Not an April fools joke, I am serious and if you do die but once ,for punishment delete a character and start all over again. You may find me on my Stream channel as you read.

Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Apr 02 2019 at 12:10 AM.
    Read the biography for further details. My spirit burns as flame.

First video ~

An example. I will upload second video as well. I did a mistake, Miss-clicked and used The Veteran Strength which will increase the damage by 5% If such thing occurs , it is forbidden to attack foes. I have logged off in Celondim and I will log in again to continue my adventure by exploring,finishing certain quests without engaging my enemies.

It is a slow and daunting task,but at least if keeps one focused and aware. One wrong move/pull or mistake could spell a doom which lead on to the inevitable death.

Nobody is perfect indeed, If someone does a mistake and he/she is not aware it will count towards negative points. I took it seriously and I will respect the rules and Do everything I can to stay loyal and remain alive as long as elvishly possible.So far, level 7.

Waiting patiently for my buff to end, She is a level 7 ,"Vani" High Female elf hunter. As you can notice. I have removed her armour and jewellery. I made sure to destroy any maps,potions,food and giftboxes. Now Must wait for buff to end.

Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Apr 01 2019 at 10:42 AM.

So I can craft my own weapons (main / off-hand). What about drops and quest rewards? I'm a warden and would like to be able to upgrade my shield from time to time. I'll use the Stone of the Tortoise when crafting. Am I disqualified for purchasing the Tortoise Stone? I'm not a streamer but will have fun anyway!

I did something kinda like this on Landy a couple years ago, warden to level 21 using only the level 1 intro gear (no off-hand). I did use health pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicka View Post
    So I can craft my own weapons (main / off-hand). What about drops and quest rewards? I'm a warden and would like to be able to upgrade my shield from time to time. I'll use the Stone of the Tortoise when crafting. Am I disqualified for purchasing the Tortoise Stone? I'm not a streamer but will have fun anyway!

I did something kinda like this on Landy a couple years ago, warden to level 21 using only the level 1 intro gear (no off-hand). I did use health pots.
    Yea, Certainly, One cannot venture simply with a Fragile Longbow and slay the foes at higher level especially if stripped away of nearly everything else. it do not want to make it impossible. Crafting is allowed ,but only for your primary Melee or Ranged Weapon or utility,support. Store cannot be touched at all,even Stone. No healing potions as well. You can, Me or nobody else will stop you ,These are purely fan fiction Non official rules, I wish to make it as challenge as it can be.

Streaming everything will be the ultimate proof players actually did it, but I understand not everyone is able to stream as well. She crafted a Rowan bow when she was level 6 and so far nothing else. As for the current stats, Level 11.

One needs to nr incredibly cautions ,especially early on, One slight mistake,distraction , wrong pull,greedy impatient approach will be thy end. Often a lot of areas will be avoided, Notably: Forts,ruins,larger camps filed with monsters.

Players complained the game is easy and if someone apparently decides to take it to the next level than its considered too hard,crazy,However hitting level 50,60,70 and even 120 without dying is far from impossible but adding your own rules and creating extra challenges will make it greatly more intriguing ,thrilling and tougher to accomplish.

I wont touch any maps nor stable master. Running all the way until 35, There and back again.

Tis a great way to test player's patience and determination Best of luck!

P.S. Here is the Part III.

P.S.S Deleting your character is an ultimate punishment, Surely you do not need to delete one.It always reminded on Dark souls when developers cleverly designed a system when player dies or became to greedy,impatient,unaware or maddeningly rushing it they strip a player of all souls {points} Reset every Mob in the region and you have to run it all over again with only one chance of acquiring the lost points, if you die again , it is permanently lost which could mean hours and hours of farming.

A rather Psychological effect, if one has a permanent death on his/her mind and knows the character's death means restart. is all over, he/she will do everything to survive and give it 120% It forces one to be at least three times more focused and so on..

Also I have to admit after I started playing Dark souls series extensively back in 2015 and "passed though the hell" multiple times, I was shattered ,beaten,humiliated,vanquished thousands of times, but I always kept coming back. I did not stopped until I killed every boss without taking a single hit. The Souls series have ultimately taught me patience,discipline, unbelievable amount of focus and Rinse/Repeat routine, Different tactical and strategic approach and how odd it might sound, Respect even, It was a definitive test for me,You start as a complete newbie and several months you emerge completely transformed, Entirely forged in fire. Soulsbourne series no hit runs or certain bosses are so difficult that one might question their sanity.The point of mention souls for me since it was a catalyst and truly extraordinary experience which eternally changed my game-play experience and approach in general. I never gave up in any game nor I complained about the difficulty level for instance.

Surely, you wish not to make your game a torture session or follow some madman's absurd rules But trust me it s not a bad idea to test yourself on how far you can possibly go, Change is refreshing,even an extreme one to break a monotony. Harder the content/challenge the more glorious triumph indeed!

Enyalien Veleriande!

Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Apr 02 2019 at 12:33 AM.

Update:

Buying from Auction is allowed only for Rare items or Crafted armour/Weapons. Lootbox/Nadhin{Essence} Armour/ weapons are forbidden.

You cannot use the advantage of your primary character for Gold/crafting purposes. Let us say, Limbairedhiel mails 10 Gold to Vani, Nay. You have to earn the gold by looting coin from mobs,selling unwanted items or trading with other players.

The huge/tiny stack of Gold of Silver coin from Hobbit presents cannot be used.

If a random player or your friend decides to help you , you have to refuse and ask them politely to stop sending coin or any weapon. Do not open any mail at all.

This is more extreme than what we're doing in Victory's Secret. I love the playing naked part, but I like pushing the envelope and sometimes getting killed.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

Quote Originally Posted by Echoweaver View Post
    This is more extreme than what we're doing in Victory's Secret. I love the playing naked part, but I like pushing the envelope and sometimes getting killed.
    It truly is,Right thou art,but she always an extreme girl. I will be the first one to openly admit it.She is still alive, The delete part might be slightly exaggerated, but I love to push myself and see how far I can possibly endure. A lot of players will certainly find the challenge absurd,torturing,daunting and even completely insane,but for me I reached the point when only the most extreme solutions and methods are actually challenging.After you spent countless amount of time in a particular game , you start to envision something by yourself to keep you pre-occupied/challenging. Let us cut half of the rules ,It is still better than mindlessly rushing or sticking to one class ,ignoring storyline, 2 shooting foes with overpowered build and so on...

You can watch the Escape from Kheledul. I had to be on my guard and aware of my surroundings and constantly keep and eye for evil dwarves and their patrols, While my approach is considered to be extreme by many It is in my opinion more thrilling to play cautiously.Certainly more acceptable when I feel weak and inferior against overwhelming odds than simply charging in and annihilating them with 2 clicks. I would prefer and I always preferred harder content. My current adventure reminded me on very early Shadows of Angmar days when I was picking targets,always remained vigilant and made sure not to pull more than two at same time. It was so slow and Arduous.

I would have to say stripping yourself from additional gear and staying loyal to old days, no Mount until 35, refusing to use Stable master or intentionally making your character weaker is the phenomenal way to learn your class better,explore the lands, to adapt to nearly every single Combat scenario.To Devise a Strategy,plan and indeed plan as well in advance, Your journey will be longer,tougher and have more in depth. As I mentioned before, a superb way to learn a patience and self discipline too.Now is it more fun? I cannot speak for others, Fun is a relative term and should not be discussed at all.

Now I have to run all the way to Bree-Land and Shire I will embrace and enjoy every moment. When I want I can be more patient than saint and any other Vala.

Last edited by Vanyaerunanethiel; Apr 02 2019 at 11:52 AM.