We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Why remove might based medium armour for God's sake?

Has SSG got something against Beornings? Don't they think the class is messed up enough without them removing their armour from crafting? Do they even know how their classes are designed in this game?

Beornings are using heavy armor these days i believe.
    “And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge.”
    ? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Beornings use heavy armor now so they're taking out the might mediums. Read up on patch notes before you criticize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Beornings use heavy armor now so they're taking out the might mediums. Read up on patch notes before you criticize them.
    Who reads patch notes? They are usually so confusing and contradictory to what the actual changes are that most players ignore them. I asked around my kin and nobody knows and none of them read patch notes for that very reason.

So at what point do Beornings get heavy armour? My kin are all using XP Disablers and are all level 7 at the moment, just starting to amble through the game to enjoy it rather than rush to endgame. My Beorning can't wear heavy armour it says, so obviously there must be a level that they can start wearing it, there is nothing on the wiki. If Beornings are supposed to wear heavy armour now why isn't available at level 1? I just made my Beorning an Explorer so he can make his own medium armour, do I need to change that to an armourer now?

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    So at what point do Beornings get heavy armour?

Here are the Release Notes for Update 23.1.7, released on Thursday, December 13th.

• Beornings now earn the ability to wear Heavy armor as of level 15.

Reading is fundamental.
    Strength & Honor

So at what point do Beornings get heavy armour?
    Level 15 according to the patch notes when it was introduced - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Upd...ember_13,_2018

Not liking this any either. That now leaves Wardens in worse shape than ever. Wardens need Might to have a Block rating, and you can't always depend upon the shield to provide a bonus to Block, or enough jewelry to provide either Block or Might, without sacrificing Agl, Fate (for those that use it), Phys Mastery, or Crit. Stats are still a balancing act for a Warden, and it goes ALL the way back to when they were a Might based class in Med armour, that needed Agl for accuracy (and the devs will say that Agl didn't influence your hit chance). Then came the big F up to the Warden class, and they _tried_ to make them an Agl class to be in line with the armour types: Light=Will, Med=Agl, Heavy=Might. They also reduced Might and Agl contribution to Block and Evade to 3 per point, from 4 per point (I noticed this almost immediately). While other classes still complain that Wardens get Phys Mastery from both Might and Agl, it still remains the hardest class to adequately gear for optimal play.

Bears stat contributions (and derivatives) were initially copied from Wardens, which is way they've had so many adjustments... Allowing them to have heavy armour sets them up as a "viable" full tank class, but was probably done to make the devs lives easier. Not sure if the armour rewards chest on certain quests has been removed or not, that may be the onlt remaining way to get medium Might armour.

Who reads patch notes? They are usually so confusing and contradictory to what the actual changes are that most players ignore them. I asked around my kin and nobody knows and none of them read patch notes for that very reason.

So at what point do Beornings get heavy armour? My kin are all using XP Disablers and are all level 7 at the moment, just starting to amble through the game to enjoy it rather than rush to endgame. My Beorning can't wear heavy armour it says, so obviously there must be a level that they can start wearing it, there is nothing on the wiki. If Beornings are supposed to wear heavy armour now why isn't available at level 1? I just made my Beorning an Explorer so he can make his own medium armour, do I need to change that to an armourer now?
    This is off-topic, i give a 50% apologie for that.

However, how ignorant can you be? Sure, there might me other changes, or changes that happened because of other tweaks that aren't listed. But you do know english right? This makes the entire thread invalid, because you and your kin who are all the same amount of dumb as you don' t read patch notes. LOL.

Most players don' t read them? get out of here.
    "my worth is undefined. I can tear down enemy armour, boil their blood, sap their strength, slow their speed, read their weaknesses.... I can summon the thunder, bend the earth. Struck their feet. Blind their eyes. Test their will. Know this, and fear" - Self declaration from Boarcas Orcpelt, before advancing through the gate of Elendil

I find it difficult to believe that someone with over 1400 forums posts does not read patch notes. What are you reading on the forums?

You are only level 7 so you can easily change your profession or even delete the class and play another if you are not happy with the state of the beorning. You have almost nothing invested in the character.

There will always be changes made to classes. Some we will like and many we will not. It happens and we all deal with it or play another class or another game.