We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Regarding the ILI grind....

I was just wondering: If none of us had alts, would the grind be such a bother?

Probably not. Going through the grind one time is a real pain, but once you're through it, well, it's behind you and you forget about it.

Not saying that we shouldn't want it fixed, just wondering if it's the alt-grind that is the basis for our dissatisfaction.
    Thats possibly because when you do the grind the first time it is paced by level cap raises. We hit level 100 and get our weapon and have had years to level it up to current level 120.
    Previous to level 100.. none of our work helps us after 100 as the previous system was a level/reset/level/reset system. Now we are in a continous upgrade system, and character coming behind the levelling curve has a steeper hill to climb due to the number of resources needed.
    As per my previous post, they should do away with requiring those resources, reward those that have gathered those resources over the years, and just use a system that uses simply IXP.
    (their immediate reaction to this would be to stop IXP coming from kills to prevent ixp farms)

Getting off topic is grounds for closing a thread. Don't feed the trolls.

I saw a 105 Guardian being swamped on an orc camp yesterday, it looked like he might survive. Initially I took out the adds. Used to be adds healed a Guard, no so much now. That left him with the Signature, gave him a few seconds on his own and figured a ballad would be quicker than a rezz. I IDed him to see his First Ager, Imbued but with only tier one on all legacies.

I have to ask how do you get to 105 and not have a ton of heritage ruins to at least take advantage of the "free" tiers?

Is this guy being set up to fail? We have the CM only doing his LI set up off line. How do you get to nearly 70 without even knowing how to rezz? He's should be there to inform not to show you can drift through the game without picking up even the basics. Few of the official streamers even attempt to explain their build, LI choices or seem able to explain the mechanics behind the game.

It can do nothing but setup people to fail when they reach the later game and if the Feedback from highly experienced players is that the grind is too much how can a player duped by the streams hope to cope with it all?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    I have to ask how do you get to 105 and not have a ton of heritage ruins to at least take advantage of the "free" tiers?
    Blessing of the Valar.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Blessing of the Valar.
    Admittedly is was a brief ID but he didn't have the normal whiff of a valared toon. He was in Ringo Vale, odd place to end up after valaring up but there were trait point to chase there.

I would add that Blessing of the Valar in inexperienced hands is equally a setup to fail, however many extras they add to it over time.

Edit: Could be he was taking my advice to valar up before 104 to take advantage of the huge virtue point bundles now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimhadaUK View Post
    Not to put Ideas in SSG head...but.. I would like to think that the work they have done on Virtues is just a tester of how they might change LIS to level.
    LIs would scale from 50 .. so like Virtues the max level would be (CharacterLevel/2)
    LIs would ID with 5 Legacies... more could be unlocked
    Do away with Crystals/SoEs.. and just use IXP
    Give people back IXP runes to cover the 'work already done'
    You would only need 1 Weapon, 1 Class Item.. (Not sure how to get around damage type)
    Casuals/Alts might be happy with 1 LI with 5 Legacies... More serious would have 10 Legacies (Old System Healing/DPS Set)

Using a Warden as Example.. (ignore the virtue images.. replace with suitable Legacy images)
    Honestly, I kind of love the idea of this system for LIs. It would be a little more passive of a system than ideal, but it would at least potentially be a satisfyingly thematic system for growing and developing a weapon along with your character!

I always agreed with the school of thought that the Skirmish Soldier system would be the perfect system for LIs.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

Not to put Ideas in SSG head...but.. I would like to think that the work they have done on Virtues is just a tester of how they might change LIS to level.
    LIs would scale from 50 .. so like Virtues the max level would be (CharacterLevel/2)
    You would only need 1 Weapon, 1 Class Item.. (Not sure how to get around damage type)
    Casuals/Alts might be happy with 1 LI with 5 Legacies... More serious would have 10 Legacies (Old System Healing/DPS Set)

Using a Warden as Example.. (ignore the virtue images.. replace with suitable Legacy images)

I really would like to see how this virtue system works long time before I get behind an idea like this. But right now they could get rid of crystals and SoEs to minimize the grind. Ixp will need to be streamlined with character xp eventually so the LI really would grow with us and not be miles behind. Or maybe the problem is just that while we level from 100-120, our weapon can't be imbued while we are at lvl 100 (will be 110+ by that time) because we need to first cap it before we imbue which could cause the lack of enough tiers entering Mordor.

So why can't I barter SoEs for either Wood-Men or Beorning Tokens, SSG?!!

Is it really that hard? (This is a rhetorical question)
    Server: [DE]Gwaihir, Kinship: Hecki Hecki Pateng

Probably not. Going through the grind one time is a real pain, but once you're through it, well, it's behind you and you forget about it.

Not saying that we shouldn't want it fixed, just wondering if it's the alt-grind that is the basis for our dissatisfaction.
    It would for me. I only play my champ and I play 6-10 hours/week, sometimes more, sometimes less. If I want to be able to take part in raids and anything other than T1 things, I need to have a set of LIs with red trait legacies and a set of LIs with yellow trait legacies. Since I hit level cap at level 105, an absurd amount of my time has been spent running MT dailies, Thorog 24-player, and daily Featured Instances, just so I can level all my LIs. I also farmed items to build my gold balance so that I can just buy stacks of scrolls and crystals from the AH. It wasn't so bad when I was at level cap and those things were end-game or popular, but the fact that I'm STILL running MT dailies because my LIs still aren't maxed is ridiculous.

Right now, my gear is otherwise good enough to start running Anvil T2, except that I still need tons of work on my red line LIs. Champs still aren't great with maxed-out LIs (unless you also have another set of non-imbued runes to quick-swap), so not having two sets of maxed or near-maxed LIs mean it's really tough to get into T2 groups.

This is the kind of supergrindy thing I would be happy with, now that I've had some time to muck with the virtue system (JimhadaUK doesn't say so, but you know if we got something like this, there would be passive bonuses on all the other legacies). You can do any content you want and pick up IXP from it and as much of it whenever you want to.

I'm not sure what the store angle would be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    I literally asked Cordovan about this on his stream last friday and his answer was: 'I suggest you look at the producers letter to see our comments on it'

It doesn't matter to them; they get free mithril coins for working for ssg, so they aren't in tune with our troubles. And none of the streamers will mention anything about it because they are so whipped by the SSG whip that they won't do anything to question them. Its really sad honestly.
    As a streamer (ThordTV) I can assure you that most streamers have no connection with SSG other than we give them our own money every month for VIP access although I suppose there might be one or two out there who are FTP. I for one have never even said as much as "hello" to any SSG staff other than one GM who reset a Quest for me to get around a bug. Perhaps you mean the streamers who stream to the official LOTRO YouTube/Twitch channels.

Thanks.
    Thordbeinyk and friends

Streaming LOTRO every weekend at https://www.youtube.com/c/thordtv

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    I really would like to see how this virtue system works long time before I get behind an idea like this. But right now they could get rid of crystals and SoEs to minimize the grind. Ixp will need to be streamlined with character xp eventually so the LI really would grow with us and not be miles behind. Or maybe the problem is just that while we level from 100-120, our weapon can't be imbued while we are at lvl 100 (will be 110+ by that time) because we need to first cap it before we imbue which could cause the lack of enough tiers entering Mordor.
    You can imbue at 100 - this is exactly what I'm doing so I am not in that guardian's situation later. I've capped my cappy (lol) at 100 in Dol Amroth so I can wrap up all the content there before moving on. As a by-product, I have also had time to run FIs for scrolls, gather star-lits by trading stars of merit from epic battles, and level up a bunch of LIs, including trash ones for runes. I have imbued one LI and am nearly ready to do another.

However, the really annoying thing is how rubbish LIs are when you first imbue! I took people's advice on here and in game and maxed all legacy tiers, used three star lits and a remembrance crystal before imbuing my 2H 2nd age sword. Now, despite having used enough xp runes to move everything up 12 tiers (40 x 67000 xp from skirmish camp), the stats are still worse than before imbuing. e.g. Bleed damage was 40%, and it is now about 26%. Straight after imbuement it had been halfed. I know in the end this will get better, but surely when you imbue your item it should be at least the same as before imbuement. It is really disheartening to do all that work on it then realise how much more you have to do just to get it back to where it was.
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    You can imbue at 100 - this is exactly what I'm doing so I am not in that guardian's situation later. I've capped my cappy (lol) at 100 in Dol Amroth so I can wrap up all the content there before moving on. As a by-product, I have also had time to run FIs for scrolls, gather star-lits by trading stars of merit from epic battles, and level up a bunch of LIs, including trash ones for runes. I have imbued one LI and am nearly ready to do another.

However, the really annoying thing is how rubbish LIs are when you first imbue! I took people's advice on here and in game and maxed all legacy tiers, used three star lits and a remembrance crystal before imbuing my 2H 2nd age sword. Now, despite having used enough xp runes to move everything up 12 tiers (40 x 67000 xp from skirmish camp), the stats are still worse than before imbuing. e.g. Bleed damage was 40%, and it is now about 26%. Straight after imbuement it had been halfed. I know in the end this will get better, but surely when you imbue your item it should be at least the same as before imbuement. It is really disheartening to do all that work on it then realise how much more you have to do just to get it back to where it was.
    Right from that first epic quest LI that you had to equip for it to advance there has always been the problem that every new LI was rubbish without working on it. It teaches some to take these steps to mitigate the next cap/LI rise others for some reason take a less proactive route. But to an extent when you get to first imbuing the 100 LI there is no need to use it until it's more effective than the one you've been using up to that point. I suppose when you first come to it the expectation is that imbuing MUST be the thing to do asap. That we can ID people still with an equipped ILI with only 3 legacies all at T1 shows that the game lacks enough in-game info for players or that on imbuement there should be some free advances on stats at the start.
    Certainly Valar items should have an account based requirement to only allow it's use if you already have levelled beyond that point on another character. So at least you have some experience before you hit this steep learning curve with little in the way of resources to cope.

That's exactly the OPPOSITE.

You can only sustain yourself with scrolls "decently" if you have alts.

With one char, especially a first char reaching lvl 100, good luck.

Right from that first epic quest LI that you had to equip for it to advance there has always been the problem that every new LI was rubbish without working on it. ... But to an extent when you get to first imbuing the 100 LI there is no need to use it until it's more effective than the one you've been using up to that point. I suppose when you first come to it the expectation is that imbuing MUST be the thing to do asap.
    Yes, that's the thing - imbuement implies that your weapon will get better. And of course a new LI should need work, but it makes no sense to get it to the point where it is quite strong and then nerf it back down to basics after imbuing.

This is my sword, after a bit of work. The first pic on the left shows how it took 21 tiers after imbuement to get it to roughly where it was previously. The pic on the right is after another 3 tiers.

Certainly Valar items should have an account based requirement to only allow it's use if you already have levelled beyond that point on another character. So at least you have some experience before you hit this steep learning curve with little in the way of resources to cope.
    I completely agree with this and think it makes sense... but to play Devil's Advocate, maybe there are people who wouldn't play the game if they couldn't level skip. Someone who has spent years in MMOs, for example, and wouldn't want to start all over again in another one.

Disclaimer: I am sure plenty of people will disagree with my choice of legacies etc. but I am not here to discuss that right now...
    “...and he lived happily ever after, to the end of his days”

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Yes, that's the thing - imbuement implies that your weapon will get better. And of course a new LI should need work, but it makes no sense to get it to the point where it is quite strong and then nerf it back down to basics after imbuing.
    )

Exactly right!

I still remember the shock that came the first time I imbued my (formerly) maxed LI....how much WORSE it got right away. Just silly design...and needlessly frustrating.

Bumping this...because a number of new threads are asking the exact same questions...and still waiting for ANY kind of answer.

Man 17 pages later......................... ...........................
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Aymerik View Post
    Dear SSG,

I read the LIs revamp woudn't come before 2020. [...]

So please don't make us wait until the revamp and do something.

Anything really.
    THIS the answer from SSG:
    now in Thikil Gundu you get an anfalas-scroll which is bound to the character!
    (not to mention that even on T3 not every party memeber get a scroll!)

Quote Originally Posted by CaerArianrhod View Post

This entire situation just keeps getting more and more unbelievable. Are they honestly trying to drive away players? So hard to fathom.

maybe, BoE scrolls are a preparation step to the real rework they plan.
    Imo, it would make sense. If no one ever needs more than 5 scrolls per legacy, it may make sense to have to own those scrolls by playing or buying from store, rather than buying off other players... and obviously, ssg profits, if players dont get their upgrades from the ah, but from the store.

...btw... BoE? how does one equip a scroll? shouldn't it be BoA?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

CaerArianrhod is offline Rohirrim Scout
    Guardian of Erebrandir's Horseshoe's Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    maybe, BoE scrolls are a preparation step to the real rework they plan.
    *LOL* What plan???

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    ...btw... BoE? how does one equip a scroll? shouldn't it be BoA?
    If it would be BoA, one couldn't trade it within the group. And in a funny way it is BoE: if you "equip" it on your LI, it is bound for sure ;-)
    However, i made a bug-report about it.

GUYS, it's SSG, it probably wasn't even intended LMAO

Otherwise, it would be like asking players to leave the game

If it would be BoA, one couldn't trade it within the group. And in a funny way it is BoE: if you "equip" it on your LI, it is bound for sure ;-)
    However, i made a bug-report about it.
    yesterday I did Glimmerdeep/Caverns/TG, got 2 scrolls from Glimmerdeep and TG, one bound to account, the other - to character and then I got some from box run and bags are full of unstackable scrolls. as if SSG wants me to purchase more bag space (as if I didn't).

filed bug report too

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Just because we can't show you something doesn't mean we're not working on something. Making assumptions based on statements that appear to imply things can cause confusion. My posting reason is to let everyone know that we are reading this feedback and we are listening to things you have to say. Oftentimes though, that always brings out more questions because it doesn't feel good to come in and say "we're listening to you" without the second half of "and this is what we're gonna do."
    But, but, but....The blue names WROTE that they read our posts and listen to what we are saying! *sarcasm*

Nowhere did anyone from what I can tell ask for THAT to be a current fix nor would a player want that as a solution. Conclusion - Blue names either are lying to us, or they really just don't care - probably both.

On a side note, can anyone please write out exactly what is needed for 1 ILI to get maxed from beginning to end. There is now discussions going on in the Legendary Servers about the ILI's and confusion around how much is really needed. People are trying to stock up on things they can, like Anfalas Star-Lit crystals from the Festivals but there is confusion around how many are needed per ILI. It would be nice to have hardcore numbers of crystals and scrolls needed to get from 0 - maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegaen View Post
    But, but, but....The blue names WROTE that they read our posts and listen to what we are saying! *sarcasm*

Nowhere did anyone from what I can tell ask for THAT to be a current fix nor would a player want that as a solution. Conclusion - Blue names either are lying to us, or they really just don't care - probably both.

On a side note, can anyone please write out exactly what is needed for 1 ILI to get maxed from beginning to end. There is now discussions going on in the Legendary Servers about the ILI's and confusion around how much is really needed. People are trying to stock up on things they can, like Anfalas Star-Lit crystals from the Festivals but there is confusion around how many are needed per ILI. It would be nice to have hardcore numbers of crystals and scrolls needed to get from 0 - maxed.
    Those numbers change with every new update, so you cant get one fixed number.
    And they depend on the age of your weapon and the order in which you apply remembrance and imbuement and delving.
    If you use the perfect order (remembrance and delving before imbueing) and use a first Age LI, then before u23, you could put exactly 20 crystals on such an item, plus a little bit less than 200 scrolls of empowerment. u23.x raised this by (I think) three crystals and 21 scrolls. I may be wrong though... didn't bother with ILI system since we were told we'd have to wait another year to have a viable system.

Still, we are at roughly 23 crystals and 220 scrolls per ILI, if 1st age and everything done perfectly, more if not.

However, the first time the ILI system will come to the legendary servers, it will start with being just roughly what was required for nonimbued LI, so like 5 crystals and 30 scrolls or something like that and from that point on, it will rise with every other update. And who knows, maybe u25 raises the amount of scrolls and crystals to 30+300? and maybe, they'll even invent different scrolls and crystals for different ranks, as it should have been from the beginning (and was with the previous system). Or the system invents a mechanic to bypass years of grind for latecomers as it should have been from the beginning.
    Whatever the grind will be for legendary servers, there is still years of time till then and many things will change until that happens.
    Last edited by Oelle; Jul 10 2019 at 02:49 PM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast