We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Anfalas scrolls and crystals are relevant to every zone from West Gondor onward, as that is when new LI's every cap increase ceased.As such, anfalas scrolls and crystals ought to be barterable from every region past west gondor for said region's respective currency. when a single LI needs at a minimum 217 scrolls and 24 crystals per LI to completely level it. By limiting availability to MT dalies, EG/WG dalies rovers and warbands, throne, stars of merit from horrid battles, and endgame instances, you create a situation when in a single toon (we'll ignore the altaholics like myself for this scenario, this is mainly directed at new players, unlikely to have 5+ capped toons) would take a good month or more to finish 1, count em, ONE, LI. the lifespan of an update isnt more than 6 or so months. how is this reasonable? also consider that this is if they """play""" (IE: mindlessly grind dalies) for 8+ hours a day, 7 days a week. Last I checked lotro isnt a full time job for the players. For those that have a life out there in irl land, their playtime potential is considerably less than this here basement dwelling sweaty cave troll and thus will dramatically increase their time it takes to complete their LI's in full, but by then they'll just have to regrind their LI's because a new update came out which increase their LI's tier count.

Increasing drop rates for scrolls and crystals in all instances lvl's 100 and up, as thats when lvl 100 li's start, as well as lowering costs as the skirmish camp/adding crystals to it, in combination to the above mentioned addition of barter options of every region past West Gondor, would greatly reduce the burden on new players, and would encourage them to actually quest through the old zones and also encourage new players or players and kins who like to do on level content to run older content that is often ignored once a new update comes about.

I realize none of that will happen, what I expect to happen is SSG remove scrolls and crystals from being able to get them in any zone or instance and make them only barterable from a mithril coin seller. I should probably delete that last bit, it might give them ideas.
    Avdic: Guardian - Griminsborith: Champion - Knurlagn: Runekeeper - Vreal: Warden - Thelolnir: Hunter
    Orearry: Burglar - Iollethryth: Captain - Raga: Minstrel - Sharkbewer: Loremaster - Togria: Minstrel

33 Page.
    800 Reply
    64.500 View

And still no any solution.

It's really clearly explain how SSG don't care about ' real ' problems xD

Imagine a company, 90% costumers have problem at same point and that company not gives any solution about this.

GG.
    - Narv

The Ascensio

Quote Originally Posted by Barney1119 View Post

Increasing drop rates for scrolls and crystals in all instances lvl's 100 and up, as thats when lvl 100 li's start, as well as lowering costs as the skirmish camp/adding crystals to it, in combination to the above mentioned addition of barter options of every region past West Gondor, would greatly reduce the burden on new players, and would encourage them to actually quest through the old zones and also encourage new players or players and kins who like to do on level content to run older content that is often ignored once a new update comes about.

Again, another fine suggestion which makes waaaaaaaaaaaay too much sense to be implemented into LOTRO.

Its brilliant.

It would be relatively easy to fix.

It would ease the burden on new and returning players.

And therefore, it will obviously be rejected.

But thanks again for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Again, another fine suggestion which makes waaaaaaaaaaaay too much sense to be implemented into LOTRO.

Its brilliant.

It would be relatively easy to fix.

It would ease the burden on new and returning players.

And therefore, it will obviously be rejected.

But thanks again for posting.
    When you could get scrolls from running Court of Seregost it was actually bearable to farm for scrolls, now I calculate how long it will take me to do my dailies to get less scrolls in the same time frame and I end up either just AFKing or logging out entirely. The only reason I even bother giving them money for their expansions is because I like LOTR and the lore behind it, sooner or later I may stop giving them money all together, not that little old me will make them panic about their finances.
    Avdic: Guardian - Griminsborith: Champion - Knurlagn: Runekeeper - Vreal: Warden - Thelolnir: Hunter
    Orearry: Burglar - Iollethryth: Captain - Raga: Minstrel - Sharkbewer: Loremaster - Togria: Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Barney1119 View Post
    Sooner or later I may stop giving them money all together, not that little old me will make them panic about their finances.
    I believe this is what they need to take to heart, you are not the only one, i am thinking of the same thing. At some point it becomes clear they either do not care about what their players think or they are only interested in P2W solutions which is all we have seen so far. I love the game as it is LOTR and it is a brilliant game but as another person with a lot of alts and with chars that have multiple legendaries it is just too burdensome to keep doing it.

scrolls and crystals dropping in endgame relevant areas is only a bandaid for those, that already have done alot.
    the problem is not availability of scrolls and crystals. Its the required amount and no available catch-up for newcomers.
    If one is active for years and always was, scrolls and crystals are no issue.

Plus, a big issue is, that scrolls and crystals are actually relevant/required since Mordor. before that, you could easily ignore them and be fine.
    Again, a problem of no catch-up.

Solving the ILI-System issues will NOT happen with making more of those items available.
    To make players come back, there needs to be a catch-up mechanism that shows them:
    "you never NEED to invest into your ILI anymore to be fine, yet at any point you CAN invest in them to get a useful bonus (which might be required for the highest tiers of endgame content but nothing else) with realistic amounts of grind."

There have been several viable suggestions for this catch-up-mechanism. Without one, the issues will stay.

And the idea, that you can use years-old items and years-old content for endgame stuff is ridiculous anyway. The level requirements of old scrolls should get a comeback (obviously as a rank requirement/limit).
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

This is why I've re-framed from even buying the expac, I'll buy it with my LP once it becomes available. I'm not going to spend money on this game whilst they seem to just ignore what people want. Cord has said yesterday that the producers letter will be coming soon and last i heard from Sev last year was that they'll look into this in 2020 so we shall see what this letter holds....

The whole point of this system was to "Allow your LI's to grow with you". All my Li's are doing is staying in the same point in time.

Benordis LvL 105 Champion - Beniso LvL 105 Minstrel - Benisia LvL 105 Burglar - Bengrit LvL 105 Rune-keeper - Beney LvL 105 Guardian

It's the singlemost needlessly complex and absurdly grindy system in the entire game, and it is pushing away new and old players alike.

In my case, it required nearly a week of research, and because the game never says "You can get scrolls here, and star-lits there", I had to ask every Kinsman and heckle World chat and hope a grizzled veteran was online to steer me onto the right path, and even now I still don't know what I'm supposed to be doing to level these stupid things.

The really silly thing is, I have to do it because there are no alternatives.

Past a certain point; (level 105 I think)
    No world drops, no crafted primary weapons, no skirmish weapons,
    Nothing but "Legendary" items.
    "We live and love in God's peculiar light."

Quote Originally Posted by HerrDave View Post
    It's the singlemost needlessly complex and absurdly grindy system in the entire game, and it is pushing away new and old players alike.

In my case, it required nearly a week of research, and because the game never says "You can get scrolls here, and star-lits there", I had to ask every Kinsman and heckle World chat and hope a grizzled veteran was online to steer me onto the right path, and even now I still don't know what I'm supposed to be doing to level these stupid things.
    As I said in my comment at the top of the page
    "MT dalies, EG/WG dalies rovers and warbands, throne, stars of merit from horrid battles, and endgame instances" are your only options to get scrolls, the problem is that its grindy, way too grindy. For instance, if I ran all my characters who can do these dailies (5) through each daily it would take me a week or more, mind you this is every day, to do 1 LI for just scrolls on one character, thats not including any crystals. In any case people usually have 2 sets (4) of LI's or 3 sets (6) LI's to level up, or more depending on if you need to do weapon swaps per class. So if I am spending a week with 5 characters doing dailies when they are off cool down and doing content when I can, every damn day, the amount of time one person with one character will take to do the same is astronomically stupid that I dont even want to try to calculate it. At that point, you need a gross amount of item xp to get them completely capped if you have all the scrolls used and dont have any xp on them once you are done.

The scrolls are relevant from level 100. 50-100 motes per scroll and 100-200 for a crystal would be about right.
    Embers come waaaay too late to be the correct barter.

Still amazing this thread is going on. They already addressed the grind a long time ago, by putting the MC buttons right on the ILI display. You want to avoid the grind? Buy MC. That IS their "solution". They're simply not going to introduce any change which would be an easy alternative to the purchase of MC in order to reduce the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    Still amazing this thread is going on. They already addressed the grind a long time ago, by putting the MC buttons right on the ILI display. You want to avoid the grind? Buy MC. That IS their "solution". They're simply not going to introduce any change which would be an easy alternative to the purchase of MC in order to reduce the grind.
    A lot of players (including myself) clearly do not consider this a solution (or offering packages in the store). A clear example of the failure of the LI system is the other day (or any day really) when I was trying to do the Harlond daillies on my 103 char. The place was empty of mobs due to a number of 130 char one-shotting everything. I don't blame them - it's the awful system that has led to this.

Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post

It's been a long time since I read a post which caused me to both laugh AND cry at the same moment.

Congratulations....I think.

Guys, they just charged people $50 per character to 'catch up' their LI's, I don't think they're going to make it easier to earn them in game any time soon.

Really love the idea of making drop rates higher and available in lower level dungeons/skirmishes, would actually incentivize people to do the great old content beyond rushing the FI every day.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    Guys, they just charged people $50 per character to 'catch up' their LI's, I don't think they're going to make it easier to earn them in game any time soon.

I'm sure you're right.

But for all of us who have been waiting...and waiting...and waiting (and trying to get others not to quit)...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

"False hope is nicer than no hope at all." - Edgar Allan Poe

I'm sure you're right.

But for all of us who have been waiting...and waiting...and waiting (and trying to get others not to quit)...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

"False hope is nicer than no hope at all." - Edgar Allan Poe
    "Just a fool's hope" Gandalf
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    "Just a fool's hope" Gandalf

Very true. And sadly, as many of us have found out in this game:

"A fool and his money are soon parted." -Thomas Tusser

The final question of the evening has been a hot topic in the LotRO community for ages. For those languishing in the Legendary Item system, Ciccolini there’s going to be a more short-term update to assist players more easily obtain Scrolls of Empowerment at endgame. Plus, they’re looking at an all-new system that’s more essence-based, with players being able to transfer the meat and bones of their current LI into it without losing their investment. Ciccolini hesitated to speak more about it because it’s still being conceptualized, but he was hoping it might come out this year, but might take longer depending on the tech needed to make it happen.
    Source - http://www.mmo-central.com/2020/02/2...x-east-meetup/

So they're finally looking at making SoE more accessible, however no overhaul of the LI system till maybe later this year/next year. I hope that they actually do make it easier to get them rather than just giving us something like MT dailies.

My fresh burg Li's i need 241 scrolls to get all legacies to max of 83 for the weapon so double it for the bag gives me a total of 482 scrolls needed.

None of this takes into account if i need another set of LI's for this character or my numerous alts.

I hope these changes come sooner rather than later....

Benordis LvL 105 Champion - Beniso LvL 105 Minstrel - Benisia LvL 105 Burglar - Bengrit LvL 105 Rune-keeper - Beney LvL 105 Guardian

"Plus, they’re looking at an all-new system that’s more essence-based, with players being able to transfer the meat and bones of their current LI into it without losing their investment."

Now I am scared. Combining the grindy LI system with the horribly grindy essence system... Essences looked nice and useful in theory, but the grind and store driven part attached to it ruined it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDG93 View Post
    Source - http://www.mmo-central.com/2020/02/2...x-east-meetup/

So they're finally looking at making SoE more accessible, however no overhaul of the LI system till maybe later this year/next year. I hope that they actually do make it easier to get them rather than just giving us something like MT dailies.

My fresh burg Li's i need 241 scrolls to get all legacies to max of 83 for the weapon so double it for the bag gives me a total of 482 scrolls needed.

None of this takes into account if i need another set of LI's for this character or my numerous alts.

I hope these changes come sooner rather than later....
    He said that they plan on making them easier accessible in end game. I think they are very accessible in group end game already and if that means countless dailies he can count me out. I have at this time 5 characters who are in need of them and levelling a sixth who will eventually reach this grind. There is no way I do 100s if not 1000s of dailies to get them to an acceptable level. They need to become available for landscape questing while levelling and more free levels. A short term solution that moves us from MT dailies to current dailies is just not enough. They missed the boat when they made the scroll grind instance only for years. Since the whole revamp will take about another year the short term solution needs to be so easy and obvious that even those of us who never cared about scrolls don't feel bogged down and discouraged to give this another try. And while crystals are at the festivals, they are character bound and therefore just don't offer much flexibility to get them. And while 3 of my 5 characters are maxed with them, the catch up on a fresh ILI is even here tremendous.

I still wish for normal weapons that new characters can get as of lvl 100. We are basically forced into this system at that lvl and as of there we just should have the choice to get weapons/class items through landscape drops, crafting and quest rewards for every class. By cap we already have been forced to invest at least in crystals to be able to continue even in landscape questing and we still don't have replacements for all classes. And the gap between lvl 100 and cap also grows which has us invest more and more in a system I at least despise.
    Last edited by wispsong; Feb 29 2020 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    "Plus, they’re looking at an all-new system that’s more essence-based, with players being able to transfer the meat and bones of their current LI into it without losing their investment."

Now I am scared. Combining the grindy LI system with the horribly grindy essence system... Essences looked nice and useful in theory, but the grind and store driven part attached to it ruined it.
    I agree with you here. I don't care about essences at all and normally only use those that drop in landscape. Thankfully quest rewards don't have this many slots anymore. They also are attached to current gear and reset therefore when the gear resets in updates. So I can miss upgrading them and still am able to enjoy the game. I really have no idea how essences could work with the ever growing ILI system. And this is the problem with the ILI system, there is no reset and they don't really grow with us like promised. (I think the warsteeds grow with us, mine are maxed out and I never needed any item to continue growing them.) Like I said before, more free levels would really help out the best with the big discrepancies between free level and fully maxed ILI. There is still the xp that needs to be earned and that alone is a lot of questing.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDG93 View Post

" because it's still being conceptualized "

rofl

rofl

rofl

Seriously. After all these years?
    Anyone remember LAST YEAR'S Producers Letter? You just can't make this stuff up.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane." -Robert Frost

rofl

rofl

rofl

Anyone remember LAST YEAR'S Producers Letter? You just can't make this stuff up.

I know people who get their 100 level imbued LI and within few months get full LI. IMHO, it's something between players who fully dedicated to Lotro and lazy casual players who just want get their SoE and crystals for free from developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I know people who get their 100 level imbued LI and within few months get full LI. IMHO, it's something between players who fully dedicated to Lotro and lazy casual players who just want get their SoE and crystals for free from developers.

Hmmmmmm...I'm interested in your definition of "fully dedicated" players. Is there an initiation involved? Do customers have to give up something to join this exclusive group? Perhaps...their first born child...just to show how "dedicated" they are?

rofl

rofl

rofl

The pre-mades legacy choices really proved how much they have no clue or good intentions. I'm really attached to my ILIs and have no wish to have them replaced with some tosh of an essence LI.

What are the chances of getting some details of the concept before they start? As much chance of a shard drop I expect.

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast