We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aymerik View Post
    FINALLY, thank you for listening, we've all been waiting for-

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...48#post7931148

.....wait.

Well, on the plus side, at least now we'll have "boghouses" to be sick in when we think about how horrid the LI grind is.

Are Virtues going to become super relevant now and the ILI grind will be nothing?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Are Virtues going to become super relevant now and the ILI grind will be nothing?
    hopefully not. the virtue grind isnt better than the LI grind. If anything should be grindintensive, then it should be the current BiS equipment, but catching up to something that is good enough (aka some itemlevels or a quality step lower) should be viable.
    and they actually have a plan to make the virtue grind better. Sadly, there is no such plan for the LI stuff yet.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

There really is no current virtue grind if you complete all zone quests and instances when they should be done. They almost always get done on time.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyGreene View Post
    There really is no current virtue grind if you complete all zone quests and instances when they should be done. They almost always get done on time.
    Just wait and see. I am pessimistic here until things turn out otherwise.

Virtues were a grind until shortly before the current cap was frozen. Now all long-term players and completionists are far above cap. Currently noone complains, as virtues are less relevant.
    The new update tries to make them relevant, so complaints will come back so that every possible level should be used somehow.

Of course we do not know the long-term evolution of the new system, but the dev letter already hints that also non-slotted virtues will contribute something. Put that together with the constant stat system revamps we got during the last years and you know that "you should better have everything".

The pessimistic view is that SoE grind will be fixed and replaced by virtue grind. The king is dead, long live the king.

Still more threads being posted by players frustrated and quitting over the horrid LI grind.

Yet still nothing from the Devs other than, "maybe something in 2020" and "we're not ready to talk about it yet".

Amazing.

I wont be playing lotro again until they fix this ridiculous scroll/crystal grind....i mean it is so ridiculous......sigh....
    Last edited by Vaske1984; May 13 2019 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaske1984 View Post
    I wont be playing lotro again until they fix this ridiculous scroll/crystal grind....i mean it is so ridiculous......sigh....
    They won't fix it. Instead they'll implement a virtue upgrade that'll make tve deed grind as bad if not worse. The grind will never, ever be eased because frustrating the players is how the business they've chosen.

I'm at a loss for words.

People are struggling with the LIs grind.

We've been asking them to do something about it for months now, and nothing.

So, of course, the appropriate response is to introduce MORE grind in the form of a new virtue system with..xp progression and...tiers...

...does it ring any bells to you guys ? Tiers, xp, tiers, xp, 50/60, 60/60, maybe 60/120 in a few years. OH RIGHT it's just like the LIs grind.

*ragequit*

You know there is a problem, when your regular job is way more entertaining ,fun and less boring, than trying to improve your weapons in a video game... Good Job SSG.
    Last edited by Kostas2112; May 16 2019 at 02:49 AM.
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

I'm at a loss for words.

So, of course, the appropriate response is to introduce MORE grind in the form of a new virtue system with..xp progression and...tiers...

...does it ring any bells to you guys ? Tiers, xp, tiers, xp, 50/60, 60/60, maybe 60/120 in a few years. OH RIGHT it's just like the LIs grind.

*ragequit*
    I'm hoping they are still playing with the math(s). Took me between 51 and 60 virtue deed completions (it was late and I still can't figure it out) to rank the new virtue up on BR to a level that live took around 22 deed completions.
    To say it's all for us so we don't have to go track down a specific deed is a nonsense if it means grinding two to tree times more for the same result.

As I say it's still subject to change but even SSG couldn't spin the current BR earning levels.

I'm hoping they are still playing with the math(s). Took me between 51 and 60 virtue deed completions (it was late and I still can't figure it out) to rank the new virtue up on BR to a level that live took around 22 deed completions.
    To say it's all for us so we don't have to go track down a specific deed is a nonsense if it means grinding two to tree times more for the same result.

As I say it's still subject to change but even SSG couldn't spin the current BR earning levels.
    If the new virtue grind means three times the work for the same benefit as we get now, they can kiss the game goodbye. Players are so fed up with the LI grind now. Replacing it with a different, store driven grind, in a hope that most players have already done the LI grind and this just gives them another milking mechanism, will be the last straw for some players.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyGreene View Post
    That's why some of my 115s have between 10-12 on slotted virtues. It wouldn't be so bad but Mordor didn't give virtues with every deed which is a big problem concerning catch up. I don't think a lot of players stay in a region just to slay 300 scattered mobs for the deed.

I'm at a loss for words.

*ragequit*

Exactly right.

No response from the Devs for months and months and months concerning the horrid LI grind...and then, SURPRISE, even MORE grind invented!!

lol You just can't make this stuff up!

When is this new virtue system supposed to go live?

Sometimes it would be great if some of my assumptions about the future would *not* come true.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    When is this new virtue system supposed to go live?
    I believe it is part of U24.

Quote Originally Posted by wispsong View Post
    That's why some of my 115s have between 10-12 on slotted virtues. It wouldn't be so bad but Mordor didn't give virtues with every deed which is a big problem concerning catch up. I don't think a lot of players stay in a region just to slay 300 scattered mobs for the deed.
    That's one of the issues; a lot do finish off these slayer deeds and rank up virtues to 20/30. They also get all the available trait points, max the stat tomes, max out ILIs and barter the best of relics for them. Then the devs have to "balance" the game for both camps, those that do character progression as part and parcel of an MMORPG and those that don't care about any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzviden View Post
    I believe it is part of U24.
    Do we have any approximate date yet for U24? I can't seem to find anything. If there's nothing official, then even player estimates will do.

Do we have any approximate date yet for U24? I can't seem to find anything. If there's nothing official, then even player estimates will do.
    Soon
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Well their second pass on Bullroarer was this week (may be ongoing?) and since there are usually 3-5 versions on Bullroarer before it goes live, I'd guess 3 or 4 weeks from now at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Moln View Post
    Well their second pass on Bullroarer was this week (may be ongoing?) and since there are usually 3-5 versions on Bullroarer before it goes live, I'd guess 3 or 4 weeks from now at most.
    Thank you!

Whats up with the rumours I hear that the latest BR build had Imbued Legacy Replacement scrolls removed from throne barter and a TBD tag next to SOE's

Can anyone give light to this?

And if this is true, I dont know if I should start crying or laughing at how much ssg doesnt care about us and just wants money
    Lvl 120 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 120 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 120 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 120 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 120 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 120 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

Go ahead, you have my permission to laugh.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Olebenny View Post
    Whats up with the rumours I hear that the latest BR build had Imbued Legacy Replacement scrolls removed from throne barter and a TBD tag next to SOE's

Can anyone give light to this?

And if this is true, I dont know if I should start crying or laughing at how much ssg doesnt care about us and just wants money

"To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!" -Charlie Chaplin

Welcome to SSG in 2019.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast