We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Legendary Sale ! Pay 19.2% to 271% more now through March 28th!

Among the items on "sale":
    ---------------------------------------------------Standard LIs----------------For Imbued LIs---------------------------------------
    Legendary Item Stat Upgrade---------371 LP down from 495 LP----or 10 MC on the UI----@50 LP for 5MC cost 100LP----3.71 x the MC price
    Legendary Item Stat Upgrade X3-----896 LP down from 1195 LP---or 30 MC on the UI----@50 LP for 5MC cost 300LP----2.98 x the MC price
    Legacy Tier Upgrade-------------------221 LP down from 295 LP----or 10 MC on the UI----@50 LP for 5MC cost 100LP-----2.21 x the MC price
    Legacy Tier Upgrade X5---------------937 LP down from 1250 LP---or 50 MC on the UI----@50 LP for 5MC cost 500LP-----1.87 x the MC price

Imbued Legacy Replacement Scroll----596 LP down from 795 LP----or 50 MC on the UI---@50 LP for 5MC cost 500LP----19.2 % increase over MC price

With a load of people starting the LI grind on the LSs could it be time to normalise the pricing? These are figures when buying MC x 5 for the least value deal.

Can't figure how there's an ongoing review that can keep missing these inequalities.

But where is the justification of selling the replacement scroll for a normal price of 795 LP other than to con a player out of 295 LP?

Why would you include Mithril Coins in your comparisons since the only two ways of acquiring them is to either purchase them with real money or to win them from Hobbit Gifts (which is extremely rare)? While some people do purchase LotRO Points the vast majority of people do not.

Since the majority of players do not purchase LP either then they either earn them slowly via deed grinding alongside their regular questing, or for those that are VIP the 495 LP they receive monthly.

A sale on items that cost LP is a great sale and one that I support 100% any day of the year.

This thread is completely pointless.

*edit: Another thing to take into consideration is that since a portion of LP are free from either deeds or monthly VIP then not every LP spent in the LotRO Store is purchased with real money. Therefore it makes since for an item to cost more via LP than the conversion of LP:MC as MC are only purchased using real money. From a business standpoint this absolutely makes sense. There is no conning being done by SSG. Please do more math and research.
    Last edited by Zonflux; Mar 25 2019 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonflux View Post
    Why would you include Mithril Coins in your comparisons since the only two ways of acquiring them is to either purchase them with real money or to win them from Hobbit Gifts (which is extremely rare)? While some people do purchase LotRO Points the vast majority of people do not.

Your post is completely pointless. You can buy MC for LP.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mithril_Coin

Typical deals are 100MC for 850LP and 250MC for 2000LP.

If you 'took advantage' of the present sale, you got ripped off big time.

prices r stupid expensive!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

There's no good reason for the disparity in price when buying LP->item, vs. when buying LP->MC->item. It's either sloppiness, or, more likely, the usual problem: understaffing.

In effect, it is a tax on new and/or casual players, who haven't played enough to know better.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

I do not recall if you can apply starlits/empos to pre-imbue LI via MC. Regardless, no sane person will waste $$ on pre-imbues on live. And on LS, if you are not running instances where those items drop naturally, your LI is good enough without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonflux View Post

Since the majority of players do not purchase LP either then they either earn them slowly via deed grinding alongside their regular questing, or for those that are VIP the 495 LP they receive monthly.

A sale on items that cost LP is a great sale and one that I support 100% any day of the year.

*edit: Another thing to take into consideration is that since a portion of LP are free from either deeds or monthly VIP then not every LP spent in the LotRO Store is purchased with real money. Therefore it makes since for an item to cost more via LP than the conversion of LP:MC as MC are only purchased using real money. From a business standpoint this absolutely makes sense. There is no conning being done by SSG. Please do more math and research.
    Lol, your post is stupid and makes no sense.

You buy mithril coins with LOTRO POINTS.

Would you rather spend 295 LOTRO POINTS on a Legacy Tier Upgrade scroll (Currently 221 LP because of the sale)... Or spend 100 Lotro Points to get 10 mithril coins to do the exact same thing??? I THINK I KNOW WHICH ONE BUT I WON'T TELL YOU.

Well if Zonflux with his ILI count has been conned into buying at these "sale" prices for years I'd support his claim for a refund.

Sorry you were quoted

Edit: And the multiple 100MC trait builds, ouch.
    Last edited by Ballie; Mar 25 2019 at 01:45 PM.

Careful what you wish for. (I will refrain from pointing out the obvious, I'm sure you can work it out for yourselves.)

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    Careful what you wish for. (I will refrain from pointing out the obvious, I'm sure you can work it out for yourselves.)
    D'Oh!

Well you try to help the community, please don't blame me! I'll get my coat... /wave

Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    I do not recall if you can apply starlits/empos to pre-imbue LI via MC. Regardless, no sane person will waste $$ on pre-imbues on live. And on LS, if you are not running instances where those items drop naturally, your LI is good enough without them.
    Yeah it's full price LP pre-imbue but it's only on the Legendary Servers where you have 4 months with the same LIs and might be worth maxing, IF they over tune the raids this week.

The sale is on again, same pricing but not including the Imbued Legacy Replacement Scroll - full price at 795LP this time.

It's still only 500 LP at the worst currency exchange rate via MC. How does it continue to slip through the review process or is it left at this price to harvest LP off the unwary?

Well I'm sure the streamers will be advertising the new sale on their streams and encouraging viewers to take up the offers once again.

I have already bought my cheap solvents because the game provides me less than 2% of my needs. Keep up conning or annoying the players though.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them under a spot light