We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1

    Watcher and Turtle

    Did SSG give any reason as to why the Watcher and Turtle are no longer doable? Can't enter the old fashioned way and the Instance Finder does not work. Did them yesterday 3/19/2019, but today nada.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Moria
    Posts
    209
    No. There has been no communication via social media or the forums stating why these are now open right now.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by menacer53 View Post
    Did SSG give any reason as to why the Watcher and Turtle are no longer doable? Can't enter the old fashioned way and the Instance Finder does not work. Did them yesterday 3/19/2019, but today nada.

    Thanks
    Sure its the exploit peeps where using to get multiple tokens and hopefully buffing/balancing then to be harder.

  4. #4
    Yep, now that those who rushed to level cap have had their fill its time to turn off the spigot for us casuals. Very, very predictable. Every single time there is a level cap increase, without fail same pattern last 9 years. Expect it to be stupid hard when it comes back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by MithrielWielder View Post
    Yep, now that those who rushed to level cap have had their fill its time to turn off the spigot for us casuals. Very, very predictable. Every single time there is a level cap increase, without fail same pattern last 9 years. Expect it to be stupid hard when it comes back.
    Well, are you saying you are okay with the watcher dealing 1 damage?

    If your concerned about fa's ill even barter you some.
    As for anything else look.
    Watcher/turtle have 0 good rewards other than nimrodel

    Rn they are being solod/duod in under 5mins.
    I want asking for them to make them impossible, just "fix" them. That way when tier 3 hits they do something.
    Imagine t3 watcher now? 300% of 1 damage.
    AWESOME

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowene View Post
    Well, are you saying you are okay with the watcher dealing 1 damage?

    If your concerned about fa's ill even barter you some.
    As for anything else look.
    Watcher/turtle have 0 good rewards other than nimrodel

    Rn they are being solod/duod in under 5mins.
    I want asking for them to make them impossible, just "fix" them. That way when tier 3 hits they do something.
    Imagine t3 watcher now? 300% of 1 damage.
    AWESOME
    When you agree to give back that 1st ager is when I will agree to make the content harder. If it was illegitimate content, you should not have been doing it. If it was legit content, I should be able to do it on the same basis as you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,544
    These two raids in particular are in need of a bit of bug fix work (including balance-related bugs), which we intend to do as soon as we can and get a patch out, probably next week.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    These two raids in particular are in need of a bit of bug fix work (including balance-related bugs), which we intend to do as soon as we can and get a patch out, probably next week.
    What about the Fanged Pit quests that were also turned off? Any word on when they will be re-enabled?
    Sinistral - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    These two raids in particular are in need of a bit of bug fix work (including balance-related bugs), which we intend to do as soon as we can and get a patch out, probably next week.
    This is pretty ridiculous. Yeah, they need fixed, but we have a mere 4 months to play this content, and you're removing a huge part of endgame gearing--without warning--for an entire week? It's not as if these are new issues. They could've waited until you had a patch ready for them. I think 99% of the legendary server is fine with the fact that we're really overpowered (to expect anything different after SoA would be delusional), and the other 1% could've been patient.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    ... probably next week.
    Oh, that's good, at least it will only be down for 22 hours.

    Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    These two raids in particular are in need of a bit of bug fix work (including balance-related bugs), which we intend to do as soon as we can and get a patch out, probably next week.
    Since we know these Moria raids are bugged, and players have been exploiting that bug for a week, please do what you have done in past expansions, and remove the ill-gotten tokens and 1st ages from the players who participated in it.

    This will rebalance Moria on the Legendary servers, and force players to achieve these 1st ages and other items via legitimately balanced and unexploitable methods.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the D, Michigan
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    Since we know these Moria raids are bugged, and players have been exploiting that bug for a week, please do what you have done in past expansions, and remove the ill-gotten tokens and 1st ages from the players who participated in it.

    This will rebalance Moria on the Legendary servers, and force players to achieve these 1st ages and other items via legitimately balanced and unexploitable methods.
    I agree with this a Bazillion %.
    If players have been taking advantage of this situation knowing that they benefit by doing content with the intention to exploit it, whatever
    ill gotten gains they recieved should be removed. I haven't even been able to enter Moria yet and to think others will have rewards and
    keep them for this is bogus. SSG should look into it and thats my opinion. Everyone should have the same playing field.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    Since we know these Moria raids are bugged, and players have been exploiting that bug for a week, please do what you have done in past expansions, and remove the ill-gotten tokens and 1st ages from the players who participated in it.

    This will rebalance Moria on the Legendary servers, and force players to achieve these 1st ages and other items via legitimately balanced and unexploitable methods.
    By exploiting you mean completing the raids each reset while the raids are pathetically scaled as I informed SSG 5 months ago with a video + a post.
    It was up to ssg to balance it prior to moria release, not ours.

    If it makes you feel any better, If ssg give me my empowerments/runes/crystals + remembrance scrolls + my settings back from all 5 of my first ages, ill happily destroy them if it make you feel any better. Having a balanced and fun content is more meaningful to me than fa's
    But seeing as i have 30k marks about 20 millions worth of runes, around 10 t9 settings and 2x remembrane bought with RL money and 12 star lit crystals in my weapons, if they do remove them, ill just uninstall and you trolls can just have anor to yourselves. coz you guys make this server unplayable. all you do is whine about people playing their own way.
    You really rate fa's too much, you do realise they boost dps by like 10%, they dont make you demi-gods.

    Stop trolling for the sake of trolling.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the D, Michigan
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowene View Post
    By exploiting you mean completing the raids each reset while the raids are pathetically scaled as I informed SSG 5 months ago with a video + a post.
    It was up to ssg to balance it prior to moria release, not ours.

    If it makes you feel any better, If ssg give me my empowerments/runes/crystals + remembrance scrolls + my settings back from all 5 of my first ages, ill happily destroy them if it make you feel any better. Having a balanced and fun content is more meaningful to me than fa's
    But seeing as i have 30k marks about 20 millions worth of runes, around 10 t9 settings and 2x remembrane bought with RL money and 12 star lit crystals in my weapons, if they do remove them, ill just uninstall and you trolls can just have anor to yourselves. coz you guys make this server unplayable. all you do is whine about people playing their own way.
    You really rate fa's too much, you do realise they boost dps by like 10%, they dont make you demi-gods.

    Stop trolling for the sake of trolling.
    Wow...trolling? To me this is not trolling, its stating an opinion and regarding what he/she said I agree so then I guess this makes me a
    troll too. I think you knew full well what was being said and chose to shape it into some kind of derogatory attack on the players who
    ran the instances. The spoils of war here aren't the problem, the problem is taking advantage and running away with it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    This is pretty ridiculous. Yeah, they need fixed, but we have a mere 4 months to play this content, and you're removing a huge part of endgame gearing--without warning--for an entire week? It's not as if these are new issues. They could've waited until you had a patch ready for them. I think 99% of the legendary server is fine with the fact that we're really overpowered (to expect anything different after SoA would be delusional), and the other 1% could've been patient.
    What makes it worse is the stealth locking of the instances with no communication for most of the day as to what was going on, why, and when it might be resolved. That should have happened immediately after it was locked, if not just prior to it.
    Sinistral - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    Since we know these Moria raids are bugged, and players have been exploiting that bug for a week, please do what you have done in past expansions, and remove the ill-gotten tokens and 1st ages from the players who participated in it.

    This will rebalance Moria on the Legendary servers, and force players to achieve these 1st ages and other items via legitimately balanced and unexploitable methods.
    No one has been exploiting anything. The game balance is horribly broken EVERYWHERE not just on the legendary servers and not just in these two instances. No one had any indication there was anything that wasn't working as intended because SSG said nothing before locking them and still hasn't given an actual explanation of what wasn't working. Players were left to speculate that they were overpowered because of the game being balanced around Mordor, but there was nothing to indicate the instances weren't working as intended. This is not a situation where players discovered a bugged mechanic and abused it to get easy completions. The entire raid was run normally just with fewer players than should be possible if SSG paid attention to how their end game changes affected lower level content.
    Sinistral - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    No one has been exploiting anything. The game balance is horribly broken EVERYWHERE not just on the legendary servers and not just in these two instances. No one had any indication there was anything that wasn't working as intended because SSG said nothing before locking them and still hasn't given an actual explanation of what wasn't working. Players were left to speculate that they were overpowered because of the game being balanced around Mordor, but there was nothing to indicate the instances weren't working as intended. This is not a situation where players discovered a bugged mechanic and abused it to get easy completions. The entire raid was run normally just with fewer players than should be possible if SSG paid attention to how their end game changes affected lower level content.
    If that's what you think, then you clearly missed the details of how players were taking advantage of the various bugs to gain unintended benefits.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    Since we know these Moria raids are bugged, and players have been exploiting that bug for a week, please do what you have done in past expansions, and remove the ill-gotten tokens and 1st ages from the players who participated in it.

    This will rebalance Moria on the Legendary servers, and force players to achieve these 1st ages and other items via legitimately balanced and unexploitable methods.
    I'd be happy to use "ill-gotten" gains in terms of an exploit learned on a test server and never /bugged but you can hardly make that claim here.

    Have you watched the video? Redline Cappy and Burg should not be killing the Watcher.

    More importantly they are actually using the correct strategy to beat the mechanics of the encounter when groups have been ignoring the mechanic for years and blasting the Watcher down quicker than the tentacle heal mechanism can kick in.

    It would appear that something was changed only on the LSs for these raids else the other servers would have them closed. I can't help think that with just 4 months between content releases there aren't enough staff to go through each raid encounter to make them anything like the originals. But they are doomed to fail because of the threat rewrite of HD.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by FolklegendRedux View Post
    No one has been exploiting anything. The game balance is horribly broken EVERYWHERE not just on the legendary servers and not just in these two instances. No one had any indication there was anything that wasn't working as intended because SSG said nothing before locking them and still hasn't given an actual explanation of what wasn't working. Players were left to speculate that they were overpowered because of the game being balanced around Mordor, but there was nothing to indicate the instances weren't working as intended. This is not a situation where players discovered a bugged mechanic and abused it to get easy completions. The entire raid was run normally just with fewer players than should be possible if SSG paid attention to how their end game changes affected lower level content.
    HOLY HECKIN' HORSES IN A HANDBASKET, this is it entirely.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    If that's what you think, then you clearly missed the details of how players were taking advantage of the various bugs to gain unintended benefits.
    I know the players involved, and I know that you have no clue what you're talking about. Stop accusing people of exploiting when they were running the content normally.
    Sinistral - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    If that's what you think, then you clearly missed the details of how players were taking advantage of the various bugs to gain unintended benefits.
    And what bugs are these, pray tell?

    Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    416
    Check these vids and dates of the vids

    ~ Watcher Solo with 4140% damage boost ~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU3j068P4YQ&t=1634s
    Nov 1st 2019. (before legendary server release)
    Watch from 27:14

    ~ Turtle killed AFK with nobles mark and auto attacks ~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h19HGNuGQ5Q&t=24s
    Nov 2nd 2019 (before legendary server release)
    watch from 06:08


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I complained about their balance long b4 the legendary servers even existed. so please quit your non-sense about people exploiting bugged raids. they have been hugely in balanced for a long while. it was up to ssg to fix them a while back. i already made them well aware by complaining about these things ages ago

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Old Dominion
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowene View Post
    Check these vids and dates of the vids

    ~ Watcher Solo with 4140% damage boost ~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU3j068P4YQ&t=1634s
    Nov 1st 2019. (before legendary server release)
    Watch from 27:14

    ~ Turtle killed AFK with nobles mark and auto attacks ~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h19HGNuGQ5Q&t=24s
    Nov 2nd 2019 (before legendary server release)
    watch from 06:08


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I complained about their balance long b4 the legendary servers even existed. so please quit your non-sense about people exploiting bugged raids. they have been hugely in balanced for a long while. it was up to ssg to fix them a while back. i already made them well aware by complaining about these things ages ago
    This definitively proves these problems existed before the legendary servers and are not unique to those servers. Apparently they're only now being addressed because attention is being brought to it with the number of people running it at level. Are the regular servers going to remain broken since they weren't locked?
    Sinistral - Hunter, Fisherman, Inn League Member

    "Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

  24. #24
    For those people who are screaming about exploits, keep in mind that no matter how few people you ran Turtle and/or Watcher with, you only got ONE emblem per person. That’s WAI, not an exploit.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollin-Snowfoot View Post
    For those people who are screaming about exploits, keep in mind that no matter how few people you ran Turtle and/or Watcher with, you only got ONE emblem per person. That’s WAI, not an exploit.
    Yep, that's not the problem. The problem is they make it easy for 6 days so those who rush thru the content get easy loots, then they make it harder for everyone else. Happens every single update. Basically they give free stuff to those that already have extra time to spend on the game, then they ramp up the difficulty for those that are already trying to balance work, family, game etc. Either take those 1st agers away, or let the rest of us do the same content on the same basis. How easy do you think its going to be for casuals to get a 12 man group together ? And why ? B.c those that did the two man easy mode version are trying to shut the door to prevent other people from getting 1st agers.

    Cordovan confirmed they will make it harder, just as I predicted. And all of my other predictions for the next six months will also come true. The exact same pattern gets repeated every single update.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload