We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    At least the items should be cheaper thats for sure.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

It's all down to simple economics, Standing Stone Games needs to make money to pay their staff, service bills and try make some profit.

As the player base dwindles, they need to make more from the few remaining people.

Most of whom are sick and tired of all the cash grab tactics of the current 'Game as Service' industry.

The sad fact is, if Standing Stone Games actually concentrated on making content that was 'Fun to play' rather than 'So frustrating that you go to the store in desperation' then they might find the player base expanding with people who actually want to buy things because they just love playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisleo View Post
    It's all down to simple economics, Standing Stone Games needs to make money to pay their staff, service bills and try make some profit.

As the player base dwindles, they need to make more from the few remaining people.

Most of whom are sick and tired of all the cash grab tactics of the current 'Game as Service' industry.

The sad fact is, if Standing Stone Games actually concentrated on making content that was 'Fun to play' rather than 'So frustrating that you go to the store in desperation' then they might find the player base expanding with people who actually want to buy things because they just love playing the game.
    SSG should advertise LOTRO and stop making unpopular decisions, like the lootbox nerf, this way the playerbase could grow.
    Also creating the Legendary server may seemed to be a good idea, however drawing people away from other servers mean those will be even more empty and in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    3,495p for your new Reclaiming Moria bundle is also too much.
    I can go on but I wont. Not everyone has a job. Some cannot hold a job down, some cannot work and some are in third world countries that pay peanuts compared to the US dollar.
    I have to disagree with 3495p for the Moria bundle being too much, especially with a pet and an account wide mount. And it's not an expansion, it's fluff. No, that's a fair price for me.

And with people without a job, if they don't have job, they have time to grind out the points. And not only that, if they can afford a gaming rig with a graphics card with broadband internet, they can afford to pay $20 a month for points.

I'm not saying that the Store is not over priced, I think it is in regards to older expansions. But using the "people don't have a job" excuse doesn't work. There is nothing in the game that you can't grind out points for.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

If the black steel keys were 25 LP, I think I would buy them constantly. I don't feel happy destroying those treasure boxes.
    Cinders, Cinderl, Cinderm, Cinderc, Cinderb, Cinderk, Cindercha, Cinderw and WildlingVal of Landroval:)
    Proud Officer of "Kings Beyond the Wall" kinship:)

Quote Originally Posted by Felisleo View Post

what you say is not simple economics mate........
    simpla economy means more customers more money!
    simple economy means that the value of the product is acceptable by the customers
    simple economy means advertisement n communication
    simple economy means creativity n development
    simple economy means that you have to put money, time n effort in your company before earning
    simple economy means that you r not kicking your customers away
    simple economy means you r not milking your customers cos they will leave

those people r hiding their newest content behind a wall of biling, lootboxes, keys, scrolls of empowerment n star lyts..........
    you cant expect to get new players like this!
    you cant expect to keep having the same players base to keep your "shop" or "business" profitable!
    eventually the casual players will stop, only some lifetimers n raiders will remain, coming n going as they fit n when new content is going to be releashed
    i m not saying that those people r not paying but they r getting fewer as the years passing
    (happened to my kin of lifetimers n vips, happened to my previous kin, previous n more previous kins, i can write names if you like, happened in friends kins n ytou all know what i mean)
    n at some point, after a last update, they will drive us to the grey havens n within 2 months they will close the "shop".......
    is it their goal? r they milking us to get the last drop they can? i cant really now ..........
    only thing i know is that the milking should stop if they wish to keep this business running!
    (n i really really hope on this)
    ofc i will buy next expansion, i m always buying the most expensive one, but i m not enjoing this endless milking...........
    paying for the expansion should had the meaning of buing every thing the game offers with no extra bilings n small letters........
    Last edited by Valakircka; Mar 24 2019 at 03:12 AM.
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Just got back into the game. Played back when there was no store. With these prices, they won't see a dime from me.

There's quite a bit of stuff I'd be interested in buying if the price were reduced, but I assume the price is set based on some metric. As time passes and I get more enjoyment, I have stopped caring that much about the point cost of the stuff I really like. I'm in an economic position to do that, sure. If I weren't I wouldn't buy from the store at all. The game would be just as fun.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Victory's Secret: Ardith Exhibitionaire (Woman Captain)
    Feel the Breeze! Naked Aventuring: http://www.lotro.com/forums/showthre...endary-servers

you're correct, I'd buy and spend points on a regular basis if prices were reasonable. When I translate dollars to the end end benefit, I just say no, and pass on the purchase.

I bring word from Lord Elrond of Rivendell. An Alliance once existed between Elves and Men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance.

The metric? It is what they think the market will bear (what most buyers are willing to pay) and so far they are correct in their assumptions.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 104 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

The store is going to set the highest price, that they can sell the most at, to maximize their income. Then they'll have occasional sales to get the bottom feeders. And I'm sure sales are a huge part of the revenue. There's no right or fair, it's simply a matter of what's needed to make a profit, and then the highest profit possible that people are willing to pay towards. If someone has a VIP sub there's no real need to purchase additional points if you want to be frugal. You can also play this game for free, and unlock much of its content for free. But complaining about 'high prices' is crocodile tears since evidently this game has kept ago'in, and plenty of folks are willing to pay 'those high store prices' to keep this ship afloat

One parallel example is Kim Kard. and family. I never follow or look at her pics on Instagram or what not. Evidently tens of millions of people do and as a result, her and her fam are loaded. Similar to the store. You all who want lower prices are like me not keeping up with the Kard's. As ridiculous as we each might thing the other person's position is (me that the prices are rationally determined by a profit curve optimization, you that the prices are too high .... me that the Kard's are a blight on society and I wish they'd go away from media, vs, millions who are enthralled)

Your all complaints are no more going to lower the store prices than my personal opinion is going to get the Kard's less followers

But it is sure fun to complain
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2