We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning after two years...

Or more. I honestly don't remember when I left because it coincided with several other things that all just piled into one big thing. As a matter of fact, leaving wasn't even intentional, it just happened. :P

Anyways, I started back playing yesterday and I'm so lost. XD I don't honestly remember where I even left off, so I've just been wandering around completing random quests in various areas as I go. Any advice on getting started back? I've got 7 characters of different levels, the highest being a hunter at level 105 and she's the only one I've played on since I started back. I'm a little leery of going back to my RK or LM.
    Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam6284 View Post
    Or more. I honestly don't remember when I left because it coincided with several other things that all just piled into one big thing. As a matter of fact, leaving wasn't even intentional, it just happened. :P

Anyways, I started back playing yesterday and I'm so lost. XD I don't honestly remember where I even left off, so I've just been wandering around completing random quests in various areas as I go. Any advice on getting started back? I've got 7 characters of different levels, the highest being a hunter at level 105 and she's the only one I've played on since I started back. I'm a little leery of going back to my RK or LM.
    Probably your best option is to check your completed quests list (there is an option in quest panel for to show up your already completed quests) against the quests listings in the wiki.

https://lotro-wiki.com/

Sergio :-)
    Last edited by Olgomil; Mar 17 2019 at 01:49 PM.
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Welcome back to Lotro!!

Welcome back!

When you get to Mordor, which might not be too long if you're at 105, be aware that it was designed to be a fair bit tougher than previous zones. You'll notice a difficulty increase, so be prepared. Mordor features "shadow" which is basically Radiance 2.0. You will deal less damage and take more damage until you earn gear with "light" to negate it. Quest gear there offers enough light to keep shadow fairly low, IMHO, but some struggle. You can barter better gear for "motes of enchantment" which you initially get by "disenchanting" unwanted gear with light. A bit complicated but there's a tutorial when you get there.

For now, I would collect empowerment scrolls and crystals for your LI to build them up. If you haven't already imbued your LI, I'd get on that. There's a tutorial at the LI relic/forge master NPCs and various guides around the web that explain it better. Good luck!