We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Questing advice

Questing advice

Hi guys,

I started playing lotro this week and got my ministrel to lvl 11 in the shire area.

I have alot of low lvl 7 to 9 quests in addition to the prologue and seem to pick up more quests once i go to new towns. Im having trouble keeping track of what quests i have and where to go for each of them lol.

Is it necessary to do ALL the quests or should i just concentrate on doing the prologue?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherish1314 View Post
    Hi guys,

I started playing lotro this week and got my ministrel to lvl 11 in the shire area.

I have alot of low lvl 7 to 9 quests in addition to the prologue and seem to pick up more quests once i go to new towns. Im having trouble keeping track of what quests i have and where to go for each of them lol.

Is it necessary to do ALL the quests or should i just concentrate on doing the prologue?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

What do you like?

I enjoy the story and experiencing all there is to experience. So, I bought a Stone of the Tortoise to stop XP again and tan levels when I am rad to move on. I created a group to adventure with me.

Others like gaining levels. They skip ahead, doing what is needed to get.

It is not necessary to do all of the quests - not if you just want the XP and the levels. If o want to follow a story and get a sense of continuity and narrative, m is better than fewer. And the XP disabler keeps everything at a level where there is a sense of adventure.
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

There are a LOT of quests no matter where you go and you'll find you'll start out-leveling them & the zone before you finish them all. If you wanted to complain about something I guess you could that there's to MUCH to do.

So you end up with some choices, you can; use a Stone of the Tortoise from the store to disable your xp gain so the quests all stay challenging, Just concentrate on the Epic Quest line (prologue) or do them all and go into your Options and turn on 'show trivial quests' so you can still see the quest markers for the one's you didn't get to.

For your question, I say try and complete ALL the quests in a certain area/town before taking any new one's in the next town. I know this will make you travel back and forth alot and is a pain (you get sent from MD to Needlehole a couple of times), but it helps in keeping the quests manageable. My quest list generally has the one's in the area I'm in and then a few sending me to other places. I'll do the local one's first before doing the travel one's and will then use the travel one's to take me to the next area.

If you only do the Epic Quests, you'll miss out on some good storyline's from the other quests.