We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Moria Instance Difficulty Decreased?

Not sure if they are easier due to class balance passes or what, but I felt that Forgotten Treasury was SUPER faceroll. During the boss fights it was like I blinked and they were dead. I haven't done any of the others yet but I'm curious as to how others feel about the instance difficulty. I definitely think it could do with an increase. Actually all of Moria could do with an increase; I haven't died yet except when I accidentally fell off a cliff. I've been flighting red mobs in the crafting solo resource instances and could afk it.

Thoughts?
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 120~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Gwinthilnel View Post
    Not sure if they are easier due to class balance passes or what, but I felt that Forgotten Treasury was SUPER faceroll. During the boss fights it was like I blinked and they were dead. I haven't done any of the others yet but I'm curious as to how others feel about the instance difficulty. I definitely think it could do with an increase. Actually all of Moria could do with an increase; I haven't died yet except when I accidentally fell off a cliff. I've been flighting red mobs in the crafting solo resource instances and could afk it.

Thoughts?
    I am a group called Club Eclair. It is a leveling group, currently at level 55.

At this level, things are particularly easy. I skirmish solo, but my settings are Duo, tier 2, level 59. I solo the School and Library (which are small fellowship instances). There is a Level 54 LI instance at Dolven View where - back when I was Level was 51 - I would charge in, trigger half the mobs, slat them, attack the boss (which draws the other half), slay them, and leave in 5 minutes. We could complete the Forgotten Treasury with 4 Level 51 characters.

So, yes. It is very easy..
    Meadowlarke Sweetweed on Landroval. Also nephews and Bounders Ayrhawk, Wrennsong, and Little Meadowlark Sweetweed
    Club Eclair roleplaying group working our way through Volume II - we will be spending 2019 working our way through the Moria Instances (Alphred Troute, Hedgerow Shrewburrow). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-II-Into-Moria

On the Legendary Servers we have players soloing the Moria Raids like Watcher, Turtle and I believe the first four bosses of DN. It needs a revamp or balance pass fast or its going to hurt the legend servers. Tomorrow a whole chunk of players will be getting First Age Legendary items for the first times and its going to make it that much easier.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

Ugh, no please don't increase difficulty in Moria on legendary servers.

I'm actually having fun this time around.

There was an added gear gap from 50-60, if the gear gets reduced numbers by around 80% we will be back at somewhat normal stats. Oh and that is of course only if the essence gear is removed entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Varkking View Post
    On the Legendary Servers we have players soloing the Moria Raids like Watcher, Turtle and I believe the first four bosses of DN. It needs a revamp or balance pass fast or its going to hurt the legend servers. Tomorrow a whole chunk of players will be getting First Age Legendary items for the first times and its going to make it that much easier.
    I really find this hard to believe... or should I say... If this is true then the whole idea behind Legendary server is purely cash based with absolutely no thought given to the actual players and all the guff about story mode and letting players who didn't play it the first time around can bla bla (can't even be bothered to end the cr@p), was just marketing and it would seem it has worked.

Timed turtle raid solo in the first week [facepalm] is seriously adding another nail in my personal lotro coffin.

The only thing now keeping me around is lifetime + tolkien world.

If someone really does open a new MMO based around this new tolkien tv series... it is going to be hard to pass that up..

Really Sad Maker of Tears
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

It's sad to see those level 60 instances and raids in such a poor state. You can kind of let SSG off the hook for getting the level 50 Angmar difficulty wrong, but having seen how powerful all the characters are these days it's sad that they've also dropped the ball with the Moria and Lothlorien content. Not one dev can have play-tested any of the fights if someone is able to go in and solo The Watcher on-level. Other than gearing up for what will no doubt be an equally dismal next level cap, what motivation is there to play through these encounters when all semblance of challenge has been removed? Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by TearMaker View Post
    the whole idea behind Legendary server is purely cash based with absolutely no thought given to the actual players
    Nailed it.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Aelbryht View Post
    It's sad to see those level 60 instances and raids in such a poor state. You can kind of let SSG off the hook for getting the level 50 Angmar difficulty wrong, but having seen how powerful all the characters are these days
    "These days"? The low-level difficulty has been broken for over five years!
    Ever since the changes introduced with the Helm's Deep expansion to be precise.

The recent changes to itemization and following adjustments to stats and stuff then made things even worse, and still needs a serious cleaning-up pass to fix all kinds of oddities - something I doubt we will ever see.

The gear pass they made for Moria is rediclous. Currently its super easy to get close to or have capped tactical/physical mastery from just quest gear.
    Crit rating and finesse soon to follow.

Obviously this makes instances super easy, everyone being at 205% damage means mobs and bosses just roll over and die in 10 seconds.

Clearly SSG didn't realise how flawed the balance would be with this OP itemization.

Hopefully they will buff the mobs/bosses in instances since currently my hunter pew pew's down any boss in under 20 seconds. Making boss mechanics not even come to pass, usually when the captain gets his oathbreakers off the boss is already at his last 10% of morale, not to mention for the boss's mechanics wich simply don't come into play... For example the last boss of halls of crafting just dies before one of his minions for challenge mode can even spawn.

#Please buff Moria/Lothlorien instances.

Quote Originally Posted by ertr View Post
    "These days"? The low-level difficulty has been broken for over five years!
    Ever since the changes introduced with the Helm's Deep expansion to be precise.

The recent changes to itemization and following adjustments to stats and stuff then made things even worse, and still needs a serious cleaning-up pass to fix all kinds of oddities - something I doubt we will ever see.
    Yea sorry I was just meaning in the context of the state of the game after they made these big stat scaling changes with Update 23. Before then they seemed to ignore lower level content with the excuse that it was no longer relevant to the endgame experience, which is something they can't hide behind any more since they opened the legendary servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelbryht View Post
    Yea sorry I was just meaning in the context of the state of the game after they made these big stat scaling changes with Update 23. Before then they seemed to ignore lower level content with the excuse that it was no longer relevant to the endgame experience, which is something they can't hide behind any more since they opened the legendary servers.
    Yes exactly this. It's just so frustrating. You shouldn't be able to run Watcher with 3 people. Someone solo'ed Turtle the other day. Devs, let's fix this!
    Gwinthilnel: Elleth Hunter lvl 120~~~Hadniel: Woman Minstrel lvl 115~~~Gwynduilas: High Elleth Captain lvl 62 ~~~Gwindethen: Elleth Runekeeper lvl 28
    Kin: Defiance
    Evernight

Got our wish, kind of!
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

We just got out of Grand Stairs with 6 level 55 adventurers, and to me it certainly didn’t seem awfully threatening. I think the orcs need to visit the gym more often.