We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Differences between Anor and Ithil?

Heya, I'm brand new to this game and decided to play on a legendary server. However I have no idea which of the two to choose. Is one empty, or are they both pretty healthy? Is one more RP-focused than the other?

I tried asking in-game but I can't access world chat yet

Both have a healthy population so no worries. Ithil has more RP and is more community centered. Anor was the first Legendary Server and is more progression based. You can transfer servers freely between the two to get a feel if you want to try them both out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylmaril View Post
    Heya, I'm brand new to this game and decided to play on a legendary server. However I have no idea which of the two to choose. Is one empty, or are they both pretty healthy? Is one more RP-focused than the other?

I tried asking in-game but I can't access world chat yet
    Quote Originally Posted by winsome View Post
    Both have a healthy population so no worries. Ithil has more RP and is more community centered. Anor was the first Legendary Server and is more progression based. You can transfer servers freely between the two to get a feel if you want to try them both out.
    Hmm, wasn’t aware that free transfers between the 2 servers were still available, perhaps so …

But you can easily roll a character on each server and play a few levels to see how it “feels”, check out chat, guilds, etc.

I’m not so sure about the “labeling” of Ithil as RP/community-focused and Anor as progression-based – I rolled characters on both, but chose to play Anor.

There is definitely RP on Anor, with many social guilds as well, both large and small. I am by no means focused solely on progression – and seem to be surrounded by many others who play the same way.
    I’m assuming that both servers have those who wish to hit end-game quickly, but I’m surrounded on Anor by people who are taking their time as well.

World Chat is the same everywhere, although I glance at it every now and then on Anor and don’t see objectionable language or topics for the most part – usually just people joking around and having fun.

Best advice – don’t take anyone else’s word, because we all have our own opinions and preferences – check both servers out for yourself.

Most importantly: Welcome to Middle Earth and have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
    Hmm, wasn’t aware that free transfers between the 2 servers were still available, perhaps so …

But you can easily roll a character on each server and play a few levels to see how it “feels”, check out chat, guilds, etc.

I’m not so sure about the “labeling” of Ithil as RP/community-focused and Anor as progression-based – I rolled characters on both, but chose to play Anor.

There is definitely RP on Anor, with many social guilds as well, both large and small. I am by no means focused solely on progression – and seem to be surrounded by many others who play the same way.
    I’m assuming that both servers have those who wish to hit end-game quickly, but I’m surrounded on Anor by people who are taking their time as well.

World Chat is the same everywhere, although I glance at it every now and then on Anor and don’t see objectionable language or topics for the most part – usually just people joking around and having fun.

Best advice – don’t take anyone else’s word, because we all have our own opinions and preferences – check both servers out for yourself.

Most importantly: Welcome to Middle Earth and have fun!!
    Played on both server for months. Level capped on both. I don't see a big RP community on Anor.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.