We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Star-lit crystals and main hand weapon

    Given the rather inconsequential melee damage a hunter does, is it worth putting star-lit crystals in the main hand weapon at all?

  2. #2
    its not only melee damage, trap damage depends on the melee weapon DPS, too.
    But as traps are more a source of CC than DPS, I dont waste my crystals for my sword on my hunter.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    174
    If you never use a melee skill then not needed. If you do and have spare Star-lit Crystals then why not? Just on the off chance those skill get a buff one day and you're not then months away from getting it to max. Like a Guardian's Belt that currently does nothing with any crystals, one day it might be of some use...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Maclorien View Post
    If you never use a melee skill then not needed. If you do and have spare Star-lit Crystals then why not? Just on the off chance those skill get a buff one day and you're not then months away from getting it to max. Like a Guardian's Belt that currently does nothing with any crystals, one day it might be of some use...
    on the other hand, it might be better to store starlits, as one day, SSG might implement a catch-up system that makes all spent effort below a certain value irrelevant... you'll never know.
    Either, they make old effort below a certain degree irrelevant or they make all starlit/SoE effect by a huge margin smaller. Any ILI rework must have one of the two versions or is completely irrelevant. If they for example autogrant all ranks until a certain value, it would be better to spend your starlits/SoE afterwards than already having spent them and still be below that rank.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    on the other hand, it might be better to store starlits, as one day, SSG might implement a catch-up system that makes all spent effort below a certain value irrelevant... you'll never know.
    Either, they make old effort below a certain degree irrelevant or they make all starlit/SoE effect by a huge margin smaller. Any ILI rework must have one of the two versions or is completely irrelevant. If they for example autogrant all ranks until a certain value, it would be better to spend your starlits/SoE afterwards than already having spent them and still be below that rank.
    I wont bother with my next Hunter, it is not just that their melee skills are so weak, it is that they are so squishy. Keep using the bow - even at point blank (melee), range; it does far more damage; but keep back-peddling to keep the range for as long as possible.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,130
    If your hunter is your main, or you use your hunter for demanding combat like raids or moors, then I'd highly recommend it. In a raid or moors, that little extra is often what carries the day. If your hunter is one of many toons that you don't raid with, and your other toons have more pressing gearing issues, then my recommendation would be to hold off.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_toad View Post
    If your hunter is your main, or you use your hunter for demanding combat like raids or moors, then I'd highly recommend it. In a raid or moors, that little extra is often what carries the day. If your hunter is one of many toons that you don't raid with, and your other toons have more pressing gearing issues, then my recommendation would be to hold off.
    Yeah because extra damage on Dazing Blow and Blindside is gonna carry in raids. What a joke omegalul

  8. #8
    Last edited by Gertes; Mar 23 2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Gertes

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload