We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    933

    You shall not pass emote needs a yell

    You shall not pass emote needs a yell

    Pls
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Brethwyn_EU View Post
    You shall not pass emote needs a yell

    Pls
    I was thinking the same thing, there's plenty of yelling sounds and this emote is perfect for it /signed.

    for those who don't know its new /gandalf emote in the lotro store, also preview in collections panel
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  3. #3
    But who's voice are you going to use, Gandalf's? Just combine the /emote with a /say and you get your speech bubble.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Maclorien View Post
    But who's voice are you going to use, Gandalf's? Just combine the /emote with a /say and you get your speech bubble.
    who said anything about voice? we just talking about yelling sounds as there are few emotes already in game like /charge, /angry, /challenge they al have yelling sounds same, with classes that have a yell.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  5. #5
    Man, I wish my cappy could use her halberd instead of a staff when she does this emote.

    Still, it's a damn cool emote.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    1,897
    Could use a sword and some flashy fx as well, I feel.

  7. #7
    Gandalf emote video


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Gandalf emote video

    LOL! it didn't really work for Gandalf either.
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

    This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

  9. #9
    It's true

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Gandalf emote video

    Brillant! I looled!

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasami View Post
    Man, I wish my cappy could use her halberd instead of a staff when she does this emote.

    Still, it's a damn cool emote.
    Anything in your main hand should stay and appear with the staff. Is it not?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    10,681
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Anything in your main hand should stay and appear with the staff. Is it not?
    No, it replaces your weapon with a rudimentary wood staff. Which I suppose is better than trying to do that motion if you have a dagger equipped?
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

  13. #13
    You can use this emote in combat too, when your main weapon is appear with the staff. Out of combat, only the great staff. With or without main weapon, its a cool emote

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    93
    I believe the intention is to have the main hand weapon show up WITH the staff, let me check in again on this on Monday.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,066
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    I believe the intention is to have the main hand weapon show up WITH the staff, let me check in again on this on Monday.
    How can we two-hand slam a staff to the ground if we're holding a sword or some other weapon in one hand?

    I like it that the main hand weapon doesn't show. Perhaps for classes using staff, halberd, spear etc, using their actual weapons would be cool, but otherwise, not so much.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    How can we two-hand slam a staff to the ground if we're holding a sword or some other weapon in one hand?

    I like it that the main hand weapon doesn't show. Perhaps for classes using staff, halberd, spear etc, using their actual weapons would be cool, but otherwise, not so much.
    This is how movie-Gandalf does it whilst wielding Glamdring in his right hand:



    If I understand correctly what Aayla says above, they have made the staff+main weapon animation, but it only shows in combat state. I have no idea, I haven't bought the emote (yet).

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by TharbadThief View Post

    If I understand correctly what Aayla says above, they have made the staff+main weapon animation, but it only shows in combat state. I have no idea, I haven't bought the emote (yet).
    Correct. You can check it in the gameplay video. When I use it first time is out of combat. After this, 2nd time, you can see my sword too, which is in combat animation.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    I believe the intention is to have the main hand weapon show up WITH the staff, let me check in again on this on Monday.
    Yeah the main hand weapon don't show, I was wondering why my other hand was so close like it should be holding something rather then two hands on a staff
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.


    Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Correct. You can check it in the gameplay video. When I use it first time is out of combat. After this, 2nd time, you can see my sword too, which is in combat animation.
    Oh, right! I did watch the clip (it's awesome, by the way ) but didn't notice you were in-combat in the second time.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Forod orchall
    Posts
    1,287
    I disagree about the yell. The emote is fine without any sound effect. More dramatic and powerful in silence. Other emotes like /spin were ruined by adding stupid unnecessary sounds. This emote will become instantly undesirable to me if it was trivialized by some random yell.
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    I believe the intention is to have the main hand weapon show up WITH the staff, let me check in again on this on Monday.
    Thanks, Panda!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    93
    Thanks for your patience. The weapon is supposed to show in or out of combat, and it shouldn't matter what weapon, so halberds should show with the staff.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Thanks for your patience. The weapon is supposed to show in or out of combat, and it shouldn't matter what weapon, so halberds should show with the staff.
    Heya, RedPanda... I don't know if this is going to be fixed in the next patch or anything - I just tested it now (out of combat) on my cappy with her halberd, and her halberd stays on her back while she pulls a staff out of nowhere and emotes with it.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    2,096

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Gandalf emote video

    What an awesome edited and put together little videoclip to showcase the emote. Well Done !!!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasami View Post
    Heya, RedPanda... I don't know if this is going to be fixed in the next patch or anything - I just tested it now (out of combat) on my cappy with her halberd, and her halberd stays on her back while she pulls a staff out of nowhere and emotes with it.
    That's not intended behavior. It should come out with the staff. Not sure when it will make it in though. Thanks for letting us know!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload