We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Instant scrolls and crystals since patch 23.4

Seems they added a major QoL to the legendary weapons. There currently is no induction on using scrolls of empowerment and crystals. Meaning its now just a simple click and quickly repeatable.

PS for extra quick liing. Drag a stack of scrolls to a quick slot bar. Click the key and instant on-mouse legacy selection.

Quote Originally Posted by squirle View Post
    Seems they added a major QoL to the legendary weapons. There currently is no induction on using scrolls of empowerment and crystals. Meaning its now just a simple click and quickly repeatable.

PS for extra quick liing. Drag a stack of scrolls to a quick slot bar. Click the key and instant on-mouse legacy selection.
    How could this not make the patch notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Maclorien View Post
    How could this not make the patch notes?
    Cuz it isn't that interesting or important?

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Quote Originally Posted by MAWorking View Post
    Cuz it isn't that interesting or important?
    It is super interesting and important for people who play at end game...

This is one of those things we've been wanting ever since imbuing came about because of the amount of scrolls and crystals that need to be added.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    It is super interesting and important for people who play at end game...
    Endgame? You get an LI at 50. Even with the increased level it didn't take "forever" to click a scroll or a gem.

*shrug*
    Get excited if that is your thing, I just dont get it.

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Endgame? You get an LI at 50. Even with the increased level it didn't take "forever" to click a scroll or a gem.

*shrug*
    Get excited if that is your thing, I just dont get it.
    Again, endgame is 120 right now. If you get a fresh character to 100 and imbue, you have a TON of scrolls and crystals to apply to max it out. Previous to imbuing you only have a maximum of 3 star-lit crystals to apply and usually around 22-25 scrolls to apply if you got unlucky. After imbuing you need to apply 26 crystals and god knows how many scrolls.. hundreds. It's a real pain.

Just because you can't seem to understand that it is a major thing for people who gear characters, that's fine. But trying to act like it isn't a big thing for those that have been wanting this change for years is just... dumb.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post

Just because you can't seem to understand that it is a major thing for people who gear characters, that's fine. But trying to act like it isn't a big thing for those that have been wanting this change for years is just... dumb.
    LOL. Sorry, not a big thing for me. I flop/buff LIs, been down the road of building em, rebalancing them, increasing... blah blah blah.
    I just think it was a big deal. (the number you need is a big deal but pressing it and waiting for a .25 sec animation to finish... well... not really that big of a deal)

LOL. Sorry, not a big thing for me. I flop/buff LIs, been down the road of building em, rebalancing them, increasing... blah blah blah.
    I just think it was a big deal. (the number you need is a big deal but pressing it and waiting for a .25 sec animation to finish... well... not really that big of a deal)
    Obviously Cordovan has exactly the same point of view to you or he'd have figured it was worth a patch note. That neither of you can appreciate the impact this change makes demonstrates how damaging this ignorance/denial has on the game. Zero empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    Obviously Cordovan has exactly the same point of view to you or he'd have figured it was worth a patch note. That neither of you can appreciate the impact this change makes demonstrates how damaging this ignorance/denial has on the game. Zero empathy.
    LOL, drama much?
    Why cant someone have a difference of opinion without people getting bent out of shape.

You are seriously going to argue a .25 sec animation reduction?
    Go crazy sunshine.

LOL, drama much?
    Why cant someone have a difference of opinion without people getting bent out of shape.

You are seriously going to argue a .25 sec animation reduction?
    Go crazy sunshine.
    I seem to remember you saying you had only the one main character. Can I assume you haven't maxed an ILI without resorting to the store for Mithril Coins?

If not go in game and ID a level 120 players with equipped ILIs check out those with a gold experience bar.
    That will be 29 Crystal applications and up to 252 scroll applications. That's one ILI. But you have another:

That makes it 58 Crystals and 504 scrolls to apply. Many can have alt builds esp tanking, healing and support classes; raiders ofc so at least two more ILI:
    Now it's 116 Crystals and up to 1008 scrolls.

This isn't counting the serious players who can add another couple of situational ILIs.

Now just how many equipped alts might you have? Again for a serious raider you will have to cover for those times when your class is out of favour so lets say you have 3 more classes to equip and tailor ILIs to the roles.

That's 464 Crystals and up to 4032 scrolls to apply. I'd argue at your estimate of the induction time, it does involve a few more clicks and mouse movements compared to the MC mechanics as well.

This is why this is a big deal. And why players facing this grind have left the game or escaped to the LSs where the LI system hasn't 'til today impacted the game.

It perhaps isn't beyond belief that it was a dev taking pity on us and slipping in the change or the knock on from changing some other induction timer. Either is reasonable given no notes.

Hundreds per LI, 4 LI per char, multiple alts--- yes you can injure yourself trying to make LI for a new 120. Maybe you younger people don't know about carpal tunnel yet. Several times I've had to stop 10 minutes into it and go and do something else.