We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

End of user agreement

Okay, so when the 3 day downtime started, I thought I had a problem with my game and deleted it and reinstalled it. Before doing this, I used to be able to log into my accounts without the need to do the End user agreement acceptance thingie. Now, after a re-installation of the game, it's been asking me EVERY SINGLE TIME I log in, no matter which account I use, to accept the end-user agreement. This is getting very annoying. IT's been like 4 days having to do this with every account I play. How do I get it to stop doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbolt View Post
    Okay, so when the 3 day downtime started, I thought I had a problem with my game and deleted it and reinstalled it. Before doing this, I used to be able to log into my accounts without the need to do the End user agreement acceptance thingie. Now, after a re-installation of the game, it's been asking me EVERY SINGLE TIME I log in, no matter which account I use, to accept the end-user agreement. This is getting very annoying. IT's been like 4 days having to do this with every account I play. How do I get it to stop doing this?
    It sounds like your game folder has been set to read only - it happens for no obvious reason some times; or that some of the contents are corrupted.

You may find the game wont update correctly after tomorrows downtime; however if it isnt the "Read only" issue, I would wait until then, as otherwise you will be downloading the whole game several times.

Make sure Anti Virus is SWITCHED OFF when downloading and installing/updating; not only do they sometimes detect and delete LOTRO install files as viri, a few AV engines have cause file corruptions in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    It sounds like your game folder has been set to read only - it happens for no obvious reason some times; or that some of the contents are corrupted.

You may find the game wont update correctly after tomorrows downtime; however if it isnt the "Read only" issue, I would wait until then, as otherwise you will be downloading the whole game several times.

Make sure Anti Virus is SWITCHED OFF when downloading and installing/updating; not only do they sometimes detect and delete LOTRO install files as viri, a few AV engines have cause file corruptions in the past.
    I don't know if it is the case with LOTRO, since I never had this happen here, but another game I played had a similar issue and launching it as administrator was able to finally save whatever flag it needed to save. Just as one more thing to try if you have not already.

...Now, after a re-installation of the game, it's been asking me EVERY SINGLE TIME I log in, no matter which account I use, to accept the end-user agreement. This is getting very annoying. IT's been like 4 days having to do this with every account I play. How do I get it to stop doing this?
    The agreement is stored individually for each user and each language in the file "userpreference.ini".

[User_1]
    UserName=***
    WorldName_1=***
    LastPlayed_1=2019-03-**T**:**:**
    UserFileName_1=DE-LOTRO_Eula-html
    UserAckTime_1=2018-07-**T17:47:51
    UserFileName_2=DE-LOTRO_TOS-html
    UserAckTime_2=2018-07-**T17:47:51
    If you set the language to "English", the file names should be a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post
    The agreement is stored individually for each user and each language in the file "userpreference.ini".

If you set the language to "English", the file names should be a bit different.
    sorry, no clue what you are saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post

How do I find the folder this is in?

How do I find the folder this is in?
    You need to check your Documents folder - it should show up under Quick Access if you open File Explorer, otherwise look under C:\Users it will be in one of the sub-folders there - and check that the userpreferences.ini file in The Lord of the Rings Online folder in that folder isn't marked as write protected (right click it to view the properties). As Thodorin points out above, that's where the game records that you've accepted the EULA and TOS. If the game can't write to the file you'll constantly get the request to agree.