We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wish list for next Warden class changes

The warden needs to be improved greatly and the sooner the better.

Here is my list of suggestions for the Devs:

1. Make +3 or +4 bleed pulses traitable,, so people don't have to run in low level raid gear to get this bonus.
    2. Remove skill lag -the animation lag for the fist skill and the gambit execution are too long and make warden unenjoyable. Last time I checked I was waiting more than a second for these to execute.
    3. Reduce the CD of masteries from 15 seconds to 10 or 8 seconds. (as compensation for not being able to get the yellow capstone while in blue line)
    4. Allow multiple wounds to be removed with the skill by adding this to the traits. (guards can remove 3 wounds at a time, which is needed in Glimmerdeep with all those goblins)
    5. Increase morale taps dramatically.
    6. Add a survival skill like Catch a Breath that guards have. (considering we have lower mits from medium armor, self heals should be even better than guards).
    7. Increase overall DPS by about 50% (currently wardens are a liability in Anvil raids due to low DPS)
    8. Add a new taunt skill - eg. a ST melee taunt on a short CD so wardens can be useful tanks in situations like Anvil 2nd boss.
    9. Reduce CD of warning shot to 15 seconds.
    10. Don't turn off forced march toggle every time we get into combat. It's so annoying having to keep turning it on when running dailies. Hunters Find the Path just stays on and is perfect.
    11. Give us more useful traits.
    12. Give us more useful legacies. (current legacies are almost useless)
    13. Make warden buffs from gambits based on % rather than rating. With the huge rise in stat caps, the current buffs are practically useless.

If you make warden fun and enjoyable to play, you are more likely to attract new players to the game and retain existing ones.

I look forward to hearing from the Devs about if and when they are likely to implement any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfy View Post

1. Make +3 or +4 bleed pulses traitable,, so people don't have to run in low level raid gear to get this bonus.
    2. Remove skill lag -the animation lag for the fist skill and the gambit execution are too long and make warden unenjoyable. Last time I checked I was waiting more than a second for these to execute.
    3. Reduce the CD of masteries from 15 seconds to 10 or 8 seconds. (as compensation for not being able to get the yellow capstone while in blue line)
    4. Allow multiple wounds to be removed with the skill by adding this to the traits. (guards can remove 3 wounds at a time, which is needed in Glimmerdeep with all those goblins)
    I agree on everything here. Also quicker masteries recovery could give us more reactive ways to aggro if extra pulls appear or to build fast heals and certainly will help ramp up our DPS quicker.
    6. Add a survival skill like Catch a Breath that guards have. (considering we have lower mits from medium armor, self heals should be even better than guards).
    Self heals already compensate for that, need an increase on heals and also need one cd skill for damage reduction like captains shield of the dunedain instead to catch up with guards on tanking.
    7. Increase overall DPS by about 50% (currently wardens are a liability in Anvil raids due to low DPS)
    if you add that to the +3 pulses it's extremely overkill, already with old +3 pulses set DPS of warden is only slightly worse than rks in single target fights and really good in aoe fights, a 50% increase would make wardens best ST and AOE DPS in the game by a huge difference to the 2nd. If you implement this you cannot add the +3 pulses trait.
    8. Add a new taunt skill - eg. a ST melee taunt on a short CD so wardens can be useful tanks in situations like Anvil 2nd boss.
    Only one of those needed . I'd just reduce warning shot to 15-20s and done. Wardens already got best aoe aggro of the game, Warning shot with 20s cd and fixed.
    10. Don't turn off forced march toggle every time we get into combat. It's so annoying having to keep turning it on when running dailies. Hunters Find the Path just stays on and is perfect.
    13. Make warden buffs from gambits based on % rather than rating. With the huge rise in stat caps, the current buffs are practically useless.

If you make warden fun and enjoyable to play, you are more likely to attract new players to the game and retain existing ones.

I look forward to hearing from the Devs about if and when they are likely to implement any changes.
    Agree on all this.

I have very good tank gear, almost best possible, with lot of gold essences, but still I didn't get chance to replace guardian or captain as tank in Anvil raid. Raid leader told me: Warden is squishy, you do not have sprint, no panic skill, sorry. At least I did get chance as dps in Anvil. But even that, raid leader told me 2 times, that he will bring hunter instead of me, not because I am bad player, but because my class is not so good for his raid setup. (all hunter and RK fire oriented dps, no beorning support). I am giving so much effort to my warden tank, but still didn't get any chance, because blue line warden has so much disadvantages over guardian, beorning and captain tank.
    Last edited by Krindel; Mar 12 2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Laurelin: Kinship - Outcasts
    Ilwee - Warden, Krindel - Minstrel, Krinborn - Lore-Master, Gislin - Burglar

Make buffs percentage not rating would be good for any class.
    Best system in my opinion would be to make them percentage of value.
    e.g. sur strike of a captain would buff 10% crit of value. So if someone has 100 crit he wopuld be buffed to 110k if someone has 200k he wouild be buffed to 220k. this system would benefit gear and knowledge and it would always fit in the future to every exponential statraise which would be added.
    just percentage would only lead to overcapping no change for the gear, just rating would lead to forotten stats as we currently have as blade strom on champs for example still ~1k since 105.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Make buffs percentage not rating would be good for any class.
    Best system in my opinion would be to make them percentage of value.
    e.g. sur strike of a captain would buff 10% crit of value. So if someone has 100 crit he wopuld be buffed to 110k if someone has 200k he wouild be buffed to 220k. this system would benefit gear and knowledge and it would always fit in the future to every exponential statraise which would be added.
    just percentage would only lead to overcapping no change for the gear, just rating would lead to forotten stats as we currently have as blade strom on champs for example still ~1k since 105.
    Thats an interesting idea. I think the % issue is not exactly the magnitude but the ability to go over cap. A buff of 10% MIT is desirable over a buff to 60k MIT rating. Not sure how the implementation of the % of rating would work but maybe we'll have the same issue: when you got all the gear to have a big mit rating or avoids, added rating will not be desirable due to increasing a really tiny amount. Most people nowadays are completely ignoring everything except mitigation and morale when tanking. Most tank exclusive stats like incoming healing or avoidances or resistance are completely ignored because for example you would need 6-7 incoming healing essences to get a 15% Inc healing. 6-7 vit essences are roughly 50k unbuffed morale (70k for captains and wardens). That's the issue, you have to choose between a tiny increase in incoming healing or huge morale boost. And same happens with all avoidances. Issue is basically the rating caps Vs essence contribution. And buffing ratings from buffs won't fix that unless each warden buff give something like 50-60k rating to avoids, which is never gonna happen.
    Last edited by Kander; Mar 12 2019 at 10:07 AM.

All I would ask for start is +3 DoT pulses to trait trees or even +4,so we can keep up with rest of DPS classes and not be forced to use 2 year old gear for every last major update.However we got no response from devs all this time so I doubt anything will change till its too late and most wardens quite game.I am waiting till next patch only after that I am leaving this depresive state of class.

I support reducing skill lag and CD on masteries as they make Warden way more enjoyable to play.Only other "class" that works like warden has no CD on "masteries" and that alowes skill cap of class to be raised.

We need more survivability in blue/more utility.I would not focus too much on increasing morale taps and self heals until we get mitigations/reduced incoming damage and some utility in blue.

DPS should be increased but not by 50%.This is more problem lack of melee/light mitigation debuffs.Personaly I would remove marked/diminished target javelin debuffs and attach them to gambits alongside increased DoT duration.As I am not fan of point and click skills on warden outside of select few.We would also need bit of either self mitigation bypass or change to other classes mitigation debuffs.
    Ill say this again imo red warden should be best st DPS as it is melee class,with least amount of survivability atm,least amount of utility slowest dps ramp up(tho this is not that important) and most prone to dps loss with movment and so on.So after adding +3 dot pulses they can slowly balance it out.AoE is prety decent atm but would prefer it also getting fixed with having its own specific rotation instead of battlememory SoD spam.

I would prefer better threat managment than force taunt spams on all tanks but this wont ever happen probably.

There needs to be change to legacies and traits as good portion of them are completly useless.This is shown by offhand weapons soon to be better then LI sword for red line.

Some really good ideas here. A lot of them have been posted before, but we need to keep posting them and making noise. I think that is the only way we'll finally get SSG's attention. That being said, here's my list. I don't think any of these items are my ideas, but stuff I've compiled from previous threads.

DPS

- Add +3 DOT pulses to Lasting Impression trait and remove from old armor set bonuses. (Note to those also asking for damage increase: We'll get a nice bump in damage from this because of stat bump from being able to use current cap armor and essences.)

Tank

- Remove mitigation buffs from all gambits/skills and combine them onto Shield Mastery (physical) and Shield Tactics (tactical) with a 1 minute buff duration.
    - Add new emergency skill!
    - If no new emergency skill, lower CD of Never Surrender to 2 minutes, and once Morale Threshold triggers, heal 75% of max morale and -50% incoming damage for 30 seconds.
    - Increase mitigation buff and duration of cap stone trait "For the Free Peoples". I'd just make it a constant percentage buff to mits for group, while in blue line with Trait point spent in this.
    - Add +2 HOT pulses to Lasting Hope trait and remove from old armor set bonuses.

General/QOL

- Decrease CD on masteries.
    -Fix animation lag!!!! Especially with some Fist gambits.
    - Change skill First Aid to remove up to three DWFP.
    - Buff the Morale Taps of Fierce Resolve line gambits!! Our self healing needs a little more Umphhh!!!!! Preferably buff them closer to HOTs of Persevere line gambits.
    - If Forced March is active, have it automatically re-activate speed buff once leaving combat.
    - Fix our LI legacies!!!!! Might I suggest replacing some of the more useless ones with percentage buffs to particular gambit lines/chains!
    CAANJAAL - Like Visa and Savoir Faire, he's everywhere!!!
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Ramble On of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    All I would ask for start is +3 DoT pulses to trait trees or even +4,so we can keep up with rest of DPS classes and not be forced to use 2 year old gear for every last major update.However we got no response from devs all this time so I doubt anything will change till its too late and most wardens quite game.I am waiting till next patch only after that I am leaving this depresive state of class.

I support reducing skill lag and CD on masteries as they make Warden way more enjoyable to play.Only other "class" that works like warden has no CD on "masteries" and that alowes skill cap of class to be raised.

We need more survivability in blue/more utility.I would not focus too much on increasing morale taps and self heals until we get mitigations/reduced incoming damage and some utility in blue.

DPS should be increased but not by 50%.This is more problem lack of melee/light mitigation debuffs.Personaly I would remove marked/diminished target javelin debuffs and attach them to gambits alongside increased DoT duration.As I am not fan of point and click skills on warden outside of select few.We would also need bit of either self mitigation bypass or change to other classes mitigation debuffs.
    Ill say this again imo red warden should be best st DPS as it is melee class,with least amount of survivability atm,least amount of utility slowest dps ramp up(tho this is not that important) and most prone to dps loss with movment and so on.So after adding +3 dot pulses they can slowly balance it out.AoE is prety decent atm but would prefer it also getting fixed with having its own specific rotation instead of battlememory SoD spam.

I would prefer better threat managment than force taunt spams on all tanks but this wont ever happen probably.

There needs to be change to legacies and traits as good portion of them are completly useless.This is shown by offhand weapons soon to be better then LI sword for red line.
    Since they certainly won't nerf fire mits debuffs at the moment... maybe it'll be good if fire/light oils actually changed the damage type of gambit dots. That'll compensate more than enough, that and ofc giving +3 pulses trait instead of the useless capstone of honed spikes.

Offhand weapons of the raid are not "soon to be better" than LI sword (with raid rune) for red line, they are vastly superior for the 123 bleed line (around 30% increase in both upfront and DoT) and only slightly worse in light gambits (around 10% less damage on DoT, increased upfront). And I'm talking about the raid version of sword non critted. If they give a better offhand in the future, no warden will ever use LIs. Legacies of the warden should be meaningful... 16% light damage...seriously? make it 40-50% at least like fire rk legacies, I want to see a difference from slotting dps LIs and slotting tank LIs. ATM if I dps will tank weapons I barely lose any dps (like 20% less dps maybe and that's because I don't have maxed crystals on tank weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Since they certainly won't nerf fire mits debuffs at the moment... maybe it'll be good if fire/light oils actually changed the damage type of gambit dots. That'll compensate more than enough, that and ofc giving +3 pulses trait instead of the useless capstone of honed spikes.

Offhand weapons of the raid are not "soon to be better" than LI sword (with raid rune) for red line, they are vastly superior for the 123 bleed line (around 30% increase in both upfront and DoT) and only slightly worse in light gambits (around 10% less damage on DoT, increased upfront). And I'm talking about the raid version of sword non critted. If they give a better offhand in the future, no warden will ever use LIs. Legacies of the warden should be meaningful... 16% light damage...seriously? make it 40-50% at least like fire rk legacies, I want to see a difference from slotting dps LIs and slotting tank LIs. ATM if I dps will tank weapons I barely lose any dps (like 20% less dps maybe and that's because I don't have maxed crystals on tank weapon).
    Yea off hands are already better for spear line,What I ment is they will soon be better than LI completly as crafted one is just little bit behind LI for Light dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Caanjaal View Post
    Some really good ideas here. A lot of them have been posted before, but we need to keep posting them and making noise. I think that is the only way we'll finally get SSG's attention. That being said, here's my list. I don't think any of these items are my ideas, but stuff I've compiled from previous threads.

DPS

- Add +3 DOT pulses to Lasting Impression trait and remove from old armor set bonuses. (Note to those also asking for damage increase: We'll get a nice bump in damage from this because of stat bump from being able to use current cap armor and essences.)
    We wouldnt gain that much DPS,as we already run with caped stats its just we are class with least amount of survivability by doing so atm.

Didn't it use to be that maxed FA LI were the top DPS weapon for the level? But these days a 376+ weapon from a 3500 ember box is about 300 dps more than max LI, and anyone can buy Rimes on AH and craft a 386 weapon that is what, 450-500 dps more? They really should bring base LI dps more in line with regular weaponry.

But as stated in Producer letter thread, LIs are a real major thing that will take a great deal of procrastination and ignoring, so it will stretch way into 2020 and generally as long as they can get away with it.

1. +3 DoT pulses available in red line. Think this one generally speaks for itself at this point. We have more than enough useless trait boxes that could be substituted for this, just take your pick.
    2. The 5% mitigation buff removed from our AOE taunt, and added back into already existing gambits. Mitigation should not be tied to taunts for a tank, that's just not an effective design.
    3. An additional emergency skill.
    4. Allow forced march to be used in combat for a short in combat run speed buff, with a CD attached when used in combat. Or modify ambush to be an instant skill usable in combat with a longer CD if needed.
    5. Scale our lifetaps to be more in line with current morale.
    6. Reduce gambit lag, and speed up/smooth some slower and clunky animations.
    7. Improve our LI legacies.
    8. Be clear about what the team desires warden to be so we know what we're signing up for. DPS? Main tank? Off tank only? Just a solo class? Especially for new players it's pretty misleading at this time to advertise warden as a main tank when it's really not.

While I'd like to believe there's hope some of these things will get fixed, I'm just not seeing it. We have such a high number of useless legacies and trait boxes that it would require more work than they seem to want to put into such a scarcely played class. Look at how long it took them to get around to fixing beorning with how many problems they had, along with how few people actually played one. I mean they don't even want to fix, or barely even comment, on the whole LI system in general, so the chances of getting some nice new legacies and boosts to current ones are super slim to none I'd say.

This is such a unique, creative, and interesting class that it's a shame it's in the state it is, but all we can do is give feedback. I've said it before, but I keep trying to find reasons to play this class but they just aren't there. If the upcoming changes to captain don't mess anything up too bad with them then I'm just going to forget about my warden totally, and commit fully to maining captain. I just don't want to put effort into a class that isn't worth it anymore, or keep relying on hope that they will one day just decide to fix it. Doing small changes here and there like they said they wanted to do just isn't enough for warden atm, it needs something more. They took an initial step in the right direction with our first balance pass, aside from doing a lot of work in yellow which still remains useless, but then didn't keep following it up and essentially made it all for naught.

Adding damage reduction skills is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post

I'm glad that you and so many others agree with my suggestions.

Your suggestion to add skills to increase mits and reduce incoming damage is excellent. Both cappies and guards have these.
    Also, I like the idea of a sprint skill. It would be very handy for 4th boss of Anvil T2/T3.

Overall DPS of wardens may need to be increased by more than 50% (including the effect from +3 pulses). The +3 pulses from Abyss armor set needs to be removed so you can't get +6 pulses.
    A fully geared warden needs to parse within 80% of what RKs are parsing, otherwise they won't be invited to raids.
    The enrage timers are unforgiving and if a warden is in red, it needs to be competitive.
    Since RKs are parsing over 210k/s on 2nd boss Anvil, wardens should be getting at least 165k/s for AOE.
    If they give us some decent legacies to buff the damage of the gambit lines, along with the +3 pulses in traits, that may be enough.
    Obviously it needs to be tested so it's not possible to do too much (like 250k/s in Anvil)

Challenge skill has a radius of only 10m and CD of 20 seconds.
    This radius is too small for the drakelings that spawn on boss 1 of Anvil T2 which spread out over at least 20m.
    If I was redesigning the warden, I would give it a radius of 20m to match that of war-chant that guards have.

I'm not worried about wardens becoming extinct, if they fix the warden following the suggestions here, it will rise from the ashes, just as RKs did recently.
    Last edited by Gandalfy; Mar 12 2019 at 07:10 PM.

I'm glad that you and so many others agree with my suggestions.

Your suggestion to add skills to increase mits and reduce incoming damage is excellent. Both cappies and guards have these.
    Also, I like the idea of a sprint skill. It would be very handy for 4th boss of Anvil T2/T3.

Overall DPS of wardens may need to be increased by more than 50% (including the effect from +3 pulses). The +3 pulses from Abyss armor set needs to be removed so you can't get +6 pulses.
    A fully geared warden needs to parse within 80% of what RKs are parsing, otherwise they won't be invited to raids.
    The enrage timers are unforgiving and if a warden is in red, it needs to be competitive.
    Since RKs are parsing over 210k/s on 2nd boss Anvil, wardens should be getting at least 165k/s for AOE.
    If they give us some decent legacies to buff the damage of the gambit lines, along with the +3 pulses in traits, that may be enough.
    Obviously it needs to be tested so it's not possible to do too much (like 250k/s in Anvil)

Challenge skill has a radius of only 10m and CD of 20 seconds.
    This radius is too small for the drakelings that spawn on boss 1 of Anvil T2 which spread out over at least 20m.
    If I was redesigning the warden, I would give it a radius of 20m to match that of war-chant that guards have.

I'm not worried about wardens becoming extinct, if they fix the warden following the suggestions here, it will rise from the ashes, just as RKs did recently.
    Un 2nd Boss fight its not too hard for a fully geared warden with +3pulses set to get way more than what rks get. I was parsing around 250k sustained DPS for the first 3 mins and that was because I died at start due to aggro and lost anthems, scrolls .. 300k is certainly possible. If you cannot do similar DPS maybe that's because you have low stats, not good rotation or use of masteries or the most common I see lately... Banner is placed only for ranged like 20m away from melee range so you are losing a potential DPS there. I mean, yeah, even with +3 pulses warden should get a DPS increase in single target to compensate for lower mitigation penertation or slowest DPS ramp or the loss of DPS in mobile fights. But we're talking about a 10-15% increase. If they increase 50% you would be well over 200k DPS single target with proper buffing and on second boss of raid for example you would be on 400k DPS. I think that's just too much

Yes! I switched to Warden when it first arrived on the scene (there have been some rough times - but it was always fun); the last changes took the fun out of it. I was never an elite raiding warden; but it was fun. I haven't even bothered to finish the current landscape with what was my main toon.

On the plus side, the current shape of play for the warden has provided me with more free time (out of the game).

#makePreciseBlowgreatagain!