We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

View Poll Results: How long should Moria be releaed before the next expansion?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 Months as stated originally

25 39.06%
  • At least 6 months of Moria before next expansion

39 60.94%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A request to extend Moria beyond 4 months

I'd like to request an extension of the Moria release beyond the targeted 4 month window.

I see a LOT of players discuss in world and kin chat how much they loved Moria, how much they look forward to doing it again, etc.

I came to the Legendary servers a little late, and am a returning player. I've known some other people who are returning players, particularly because they are looking forward to experiencing Moria again on level.

I don't know the thought process on the 4 month timeframe, but I truly feel Moria deserves an extended release and ask that this be under consideration. From what I remember, there is plenty to do and explore with Moria and I think a 6 month window before the next expansion makes sense for a lot of reasons. It also gives those of us who don't have the time to a better chance of getting more than one character to cap between releases. The release will also be happening here in the spring, and I would imagine the early summer months are busy enough that less people have playtime. Obviously, I don't have data on this, but barring the "school kid" crowd I would suspect that the general population will have less time to play in those months than through the winter.

I'm sure not everyone feels this way, but I think it deserves further consideration and discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by onemadhatter View Post
    I'd like to request an extension of the Moria release beyond the targeted 4 month window.

I see a LOT of players discuss in world and kin chat how much they loved Moria, how much they look forward to doing it again, etc.

I came to the Legendary servers a little late, and am a returning player. I've known some other people who are returning players, particularly because they are looking forward to experiencing Moria again on level.

I don't know the thought process on the 4 month timeframe, but I truly feel Moria deserves an extended release and ask that this be under consideration. From what I remember, there is plenty to do and explore with Moria and I think a 6 month window before the next expansion makes sense for a lot of reasons. It also gives those of us who don't have the time to a better chance of getting more than one character to cap between releases. The release will also be happening here in the spring, and I would imagine the early summer months are busy enough that less people have playtime. Obviously, I don't have data on this, but barring the "school kid" crowd I would suspect that the general population will have less time to play in those months than through the winter.

I'm sure not everyone feels this way, but I think it deserves further consideration and discussion.

A little early on this discussion? I mean Moria isn't even out yet and you want to delay the update after? I would leave the release dates to SS and enjoy what they give us when they give us. And if i recall right that 3 months was what they plan to do. Plans can change easy over time so let just wait and see what they are and again enjoy the content we have at this time.
    Hope to see you in Moria .

Quote Originally Posted by igreywolf View Post
    A little early on this discussion? I mean Moria isn't even out yet and you want to delay the update after? I would leave the release dates to SS and enjoy what they give us when they give us. And if i recall right that 3 months was what they plan to do. Plans can change easy over time so let just wait and see what they are and again enjoy the content we have at this time.
    4 Months was the original plan.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

Quote Originally Posted by igreywolf View Post
    We know it will be released within the next 2-3 weeks. I don't think it's premature to have the discussion right before the release. I don't think it would be beneficial to have the discussion 2 months in from now, so I don't know when you feel the appropriate time would actually be...
    Finnegan - Anor Server

Formerly, Galadheru and others - Evenstar Kinship, Vilya server.

An ideal solution would to be to open a 3rd legendary server a week before Moria opens on Anor/Ithil. Have the new server 4 months behind the others and offer free server transfers during that week period and the block any transfers after Moria opens on the other servers. Anyone who wants more time can move, anyone who wants to progress now can. Win/win for players.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedfox View Post
    An ideal solution would to be to open a 3rd legendary server a week before Moria opens on Anor/Ithil. Have the new server 4 months behind the others and offer free server transfers during that week period and the block any transfers after Moria opens on the other servers. Anyone who wants more time can move, anyone who wants to progress now can. Win/win for players.
    Yo...This is a legit good idea.

6 months would be awesome. An alternative could also be opening up some other legendary servers where they hard cap the servers staying at 50, 60, 65, 75 etc with free transfers between them all. Lets be honest, no ones going to be left playing on the servers once we hit Helms deep and beyond, most play on these servers because the zones were better with less grind, the game just being alot better.
    Last edited by Morwyn333; Mar 11 2019 at 10:54 PM.

Wow, it would be difficult to complete exploring all of Moria (with all the regular and instance deeds) in 4 months I woul think...unless you play a ton during the week. Great area anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Varkking View Post
    4 Months was the original plan.
    thanks for the correction .

I believe the OP's thought to 'extend' the window time between Moria opening and what comes after to allow more time for players to
    immerse into the game is a good idea but the point that this is a progression server can't be lost here. We are structured or paced if you
    will, to follow the timeframe of the story, and it should be remembered that we always have the option to go at whatever pace we desire.
    So this shouldnt be looked at as if we are racing against the clock. There will be a healthy server population no doubt, if its 4 months or
    8 months it will still be all yours to manage how you go forth.
    I dont see them changing it, and I wouldn't care if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    I believe the OP's thought to 'extend' the window time between Moria opening and what comes after to allow more time for players to
    immerse into the game is a good idea but the point that this is a progression server can't be lost here. We are structured or paced if you
    will, to follow the timeframe of the story, and it should be remembered that we always have the option to go at whatever pace we desire.
    So this shouldnt be looked at as if we are racing against the clock. There will be a healthy server population no doubt, if its 4 months or
    8 months it will still be all yours to manage how you go forth.
    I dont see them changing it, and I wouldn't care if they did.
    As the OP, I concede that this is a great point. But I would counter, if that is TRULY the case, why even bother coming to the legendary servers at all? If you can go at your "own pace", why wouldn't you be playing on a "live" server and just messing around as you see fit and taking your time, perhaps buying the xp disabler. I feel that it's simply our nature to want to race to the next cap. I think part of the reason story pace debuff exists is simply because we can't help ourselves and so we are asking for a dev restricted mechanism to keep us in check. If all you cared about was the option to go at your own pace, you wouldn't mind having outleveled quests unless you are interested in doing it on level. And again, if that is the case, then give us more time to be doing it on level.

Personally, I recall when I played Lotro many years ago, I came a bit late to SoA, but prior to MoM. IIRC, a lot of people were in that boat and the time between MoM and SoM was 10 months. I felt at that time, that 10 months was nearly a perfect time delay and I think that if you asked, no one felt the need to be going so quickly from Moria to Mirkwood at that time.

I feel 4 months will be too rushed. That's just my personal opinion, but I am not the only person who has been saying that in world and kin chat and although a small sample thus far, I think this poll shows I'm not in the minority.
    Last edited by onemadhatter; Mar 12 2019 at 12:06 PM.
    Finnegan - Anor Server

Formerly, Galadheru and others - Evenstar Kinship, Vilya server.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwyn333 View Post
    Lets be honest, no ones going to be left playing on the servers once we hit Helms deep and beyond, most play on these servers because the zones were better with less grind, the game just being alot better.
    I beg to differ. While I agree that nostalgia has a lot to do with the attraction of the legendary servers, I also believe that a lot of people are attracted by the idea that the population is made up entirely of pay-to-play people. No offence to the play-for-free players, but there are some advantages to this, including lack of multi-boxers (for those who object to that mode of play), and the almost complete absence of gold sellers.

I'm on the legendary server for the long haul, and talking to some of my kin-mates, it seems I'm not alone.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    I beg to differ. While I agree that nostalgia has a lot to do with the attraction of the legendary servers, I also believe that a lot of people are attracted by the idea that the population is made up entirely of pay-to-play people. No offence to the play-for-free players, but there are some advantages to this, including lack of multi-boxers (for those who object to that mode of play), and the almost complete absence of gold sellers.

I'm on the legendary server for the long haul, and talking to some of my kin-mates, it seems I'm not alone.
    I rarely see goldsellers these days and multi boxing doesn't really matter doesn't effect us. What happens when the legendary servers reach the live cap? Free transfers off? These servers will just mirror what happened on live, droves of players will leave at 95/Helms deep - live cap, I do agree tho it is nice having a P2P server but I think majority will not continue to pay for it after the popular expansions have gone by and the huge grinds kick in.

Players play on legendary servers to:

-Play through old content on level/nostalgia
    -Less Grind/Trait points/zones bound to trait points/LI Grind/scrolls/essences/120 lvls per character
    -Pvmpers were willing to VIP for pvmp here(never happened) but are still waiting patiently

The majority of server was done with content and just logging in 2 times a week to do Rift in the first month...Legendary server still has the most active population but has been a giant drop off from the first few weeks.
    There is really no problem with leveling at your own pace and a FEW months is PLENTY of time. I leveled 2 capped alts in the bonus xp weekend alone...what else is there to do except make alts.....

Keep it as planned. 4 months.
    Jimi's Mash

Hallo,
    Ich habe eine Frage,Wie komme ich auf den LG server,Hab soviel ovn gelesen und würde es gerne ausprobieren ,Kannst Du mir Tips geben??
    Das wäre sehr nett!,
    spiele auch schon lange hab um 2015 angefangen und bis 2017 gespielt ,jetzt im Januar wider eingestiegen!!
    Suche den Namen des LG servers!!

Die Server heissen Anor und Ithil.
    Wenn Du die Server auswaehlst, dann bekommst Du oben angezeigt, das es sich dabei um Legendary Server handelt und VIP erforderlich ist.

Anor war der erste und Ithil wurde dazugeschaltet, da beim Start der Andrang zu gross war. Ich glaube man koennte die Server auch jetzt wieder zusammenlegen.

Anor war das letzte grosse Koenigreich im Norden. Es zerfiel in 3 kleinere Koenigreiche und dessen Gebiet wurde nach dem 2ten Nordkrieg entvoelkert.
    Ithil ist der Mond, welcher aus der letzten Bluete des silbernen Baumes geschaffen wurde.

I would be happy to have Moria for 6 months, it's some of my favourite content.

I do think they should introduce PvP fairly soon after moria also. I am not a big PvPer but it is nice to have a break from raiding etc and just kill some dudes.... or at least try in my case :P

Plus lots of players like the PvP so do it for them.Some is better than none.

I know from the MMOrpg.com thread on Moria there are LS characters still in their 20's. I think what people need to accept is that just like the normal servers, the legendary one's will end up with the player base stretched out over the entire septum of the level range. You can make Moria last 6 months, 8 or even a year and there will still be players just starting it or only part way through.

I know the original concept for the legendary servers was so players could enjoy doing the content all together, but with the different play styles that was always a pipe dream; sure guilds and friends playing together will stay close to the same level, but for the average player ....... they might not care.

The concept right now seems to be get to current level cap and then go do something else so right now you have those that have taken a break from the server that will come back for Moria and then take a break again. But you have to ask yourself, at what point are those faster players going to say 'it's not worth waiting X months for new content'.

No.

Just no.

I spent over a month in SoA with nothing to do. Content is going to get chewed through this time around too and I suspect I'll have another month of playing other stuff than LOTRO. Which is fine, but we do not need 6 months. Just stop. 4 months is fine, and if anything we should push for 2 months for Mirkwood.
    Aradhel
    50 Minstrel - Officer of The Last Alliance - Anor
    Challenger of the Rift - Challenger of Helegrod

Yeah nah. Last month's Anor endgame was a wastleland. Moria really isn't that big that you need half a year to explore it

Quote Originally Posted by onemadhatter View Post
    If anything, they need to do the opposite. Moria has been a huge disappointment so far. We've got people already soloing 3, 6, and even 12 manners. We've got teal sets that are worse than the purple quest gear by a MASSIVE margin. We've got a fraction of the content and levels that we had up to L50, and even then people were getting bored of the server by about 2 months in and just standing about. I can't see how wanting Moria to be the cap beyond June/July will help anything.

Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

Yeah, make it shorter lol. It's been out for a week? Not even? And I'm geared enough for 65 raids already. And I haven't been hardcore at all to be fair.

If you could be certain to keep the players active you could have each server at a different content release rate.

But there might be a merge before that.

Some bought into some idea of a hard mode SoA, how did that turn out? So who's left? Well VIPs who don't have to put up with freeloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    If anything, they need to do the opposite. Moria has been a huge disappointment so far. We've got people already soloing 3, 6, and even 12 manners. We've got teal sets that are worse than the purple quest gear by a MASSIVE margin. We've got a fraction of the content and levels that we had up to L50, and even then people were getting bored of the server by about 2 months in and just standing about. I can't see how wanting Moria to be the cap beyond June/July will help anything.
    I agree with this. Moria has been greatly disappointing. The first day I was hyped. Day 2 I was still feeling it. By Sunday I was already looking back at Division 2.

Personally I feel like Legendary Server has peaked. Mirkwood is not a lot of content for 4 months. Isengard's alright, but that's like the last hurrah until Gondor, which Gondor will be almost a year out from the release of Isengard.
    Aradhel
    50 Minstrel - Officer of The Last Alliance - Anor
    Challenger of the Rift - Challenger of Helegrod

Quote Originally Posted by NyblingN View Post
    I agree with this. Moria has been greatly disappointing. The first day I was hyped. Day 2 I was still feeling it. By Sunday I was already looking back at Division 2.

Personally I feel like Legendary Server has peaked. Mirkwood is not a lot of content for 4 months. Isengard's alright, but that's like the last hurrah until Gondor, which Gondor will be almost a year out from the release of Isengard.
    Exactly. Plus, between Isengard (which killed a lot of kins last time around) and Gondor is Rohan's Hytbold grind and Helm's Deeps abysmal Big Battles. The only thing of value ahead is the In Their Absence cluster with Enedwaith, and I only hope that they release all of that with Mirkwood (since we already have the skirmish system, and that was what padded out Mirkwood in the first place).

Give Anor and Ithil PvMP.
    Before making a complaint here, ask yourself this: "Am I still giving SSG money?". If the answer is yes, there's no point complaining.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast