We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    9

    Question Losing Connection Between Zones (Playing from Korea)

    So, I've been playing for years on and off. In the past I never had to do anything on my end to have a stable connection with LOTRO, it was all good until a couple years back.

    Now I'm having disconnection problems when I go between zones and it's driving me nuts.
    My system is not the greatest, but its an i-5 4570 / Samsung DDR3 8gb ram and a Geforce gtx650ti.

    Here is a tracert I did last night:

    ?? 30? ???
    gls.lotro.com [198.252.160.30](?)? ?? ?? ??:

    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.219.1
    2 3 ms <1 ms 1 ms 124.54.3.1
    3 1 ms * * 10.240.117.209
    4 1 ms * * 10.204.206.173
    5 <1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 1.213.159.157
    6 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 1.210.78.221
    7 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 1.213.151.181
    8 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms 1.213.148.105
    9 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms 1.208.145.153
    10 155 ms 190 ms 134 ms 1.208.105.18
    11 129 ms 138 ms 129 ms 210.120.199.198
    12 157 ms 157 ms 166 ms 61.42.234.6
    13 222 ms * 228 ms 4.69.214.37
    14 226 ms 228 ms 237 ms 4.31.43.210
    15 * * * ?? ??? ???????.
    16 226 ms 224 ms 221 ms 198.252.160.30
    17 220 ms 240 ms 248 ms 198.252.160.30

    ??? ??????.

    my ISP is lgdacom, one of the largest provider in the country, Korea is known for its insane internet speeds.
    I get about 82mbps up/down, and I'm not losing internet connection when I lose lotro.


    Help would be appreciated. I'm determined to fix this.

    ~Thidik
    The Bear-Headed Dwarf

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Thidik View Post
    So, I've been playing for years on and off. In the past I never had to do anything on my end to have a stable connection with LOTRO, it was all good until a couple years back.

    Now I'm having disconnection problems when I go between zones and it's driving me nuts.
    My system is not the greatest, but its an i-5 4570 / Samsung DDR3 8gb ram and a Geforce gtx650ti.

    Here is a tracert I did last night:

    ?? 30? ???
    gls.lotro.com [198.252.160.30](?)? ?? ?? ??:

    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.219.1
    2 3 ms <1 ms 1 ms 124.54.3.1
    3 1 ms * * 10.240.117.209
    4 1 ms * * 10.204.206.173
    5 <1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 1.213.159.157
    6 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 1.210.78.221
    7 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 1.213.151.181
    8 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms 1.213.148.105
    9 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms 1.208.145.153
    10 155 ms 190 ms 134 ms 1.208.105.18
    11 129 ms 138 ms 129 ms 210.120.199.198
    12 157 ms 157 ms 166 ms 61.42.234.6
    13 222 ms * 228 ms 4.69.214.37
    14 226 ms 228 ms 237 ms 4.31.43.210
    15 * * * ?? ??? ???????.
    16 226 ms 224 ms 221 ms 198.252.160.30
    17 220 ms 240 ms 248 ms 198.252.160.30

    ??? ??????.

    my ISP is lgdacom, one of the largest provider in the country, Korea is known for its insane internet speeds.
    I get about 82mbps up/down, and I'm not losing internet connection when I lose lotro.


    Help would be appreciated. I'm determined to fix this.

    ~Thidik
    Because LOTRO uses such a very small amount of bandwidth, it might just be the server is closing the connection due the data packets being so far apart.

    Try the Leatrix Latency Fix and see if that helps.

    Explanation of how it works is there as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    9
    Gonna give it a shot tonight, I really hope I can figure this out.




    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Because LOTRO uses such a very small amount of bandwidth, it might just be the server is closing the connection due the data packets being so far apart.

    Try the Leatrix Latency Fix and see if that helps.

    Explanation of how it works is there as well.
    The Bear-Headed Dwarf

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    9
    Gave it a shot, no luck I'm afraid. The thing is my latency is high for the entire time I'm playing. I'm beginning to think this is a CPU issue.






    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Because LOTRO uses such a very small amount of bandwidth, it might just be the server is closing the connection due the data packets being so far apart.

    Try the Leatrix Latency Fix and see if that helps.

    Explanation of how it works is there as well.
    The Bear-Headed Dwarf

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Thidik View Post
    Gave it a shot, no luck I'm afraid. The thing is my latency is high for the entire time I'm playing. I'm beginning to think this is a CPU issue.
    CPU would usually cause a CTD (Crash to Desktop), or a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), or in extreme cases cause the PC to shut down.

    Do you connect to the router via wifi?

    What is your average latency? Whilst playing in China I was getting low to mid 200mS.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    9
    No, its a direct connection. My latency sits around the low to mid 200's ...

    I just got a new rig since I thought it was my hardware. It's gotta be my connection. Does having a private ip address have anything to do with it?

    This is legit driving me nuts.




    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    CPU would usually cause a CTD (Crash to Desktop), or a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), or in extreme cases cause the PC to shut down.

    Do you connect to the router via wifi?

    What is your average latency? Whilst playing in China I was getting low to mid 200mS.
    The Bear-Headed Dwarf

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Thidik View Post
    No, its a direct connection. My latency sits around the low to mid 200's ...

    I just got a new rig since I thought it was my hardware. It's gotta be my connection. Does having a private ip address have anything to do with it?

    This is legit driving me nuts.
    Check your ethernet port hasnt got energy saving enabled - just in case; private IP? Do you mean a static IP that only you use? If so there are no issues, I have a static IP my self.

    One other thing to try, in case it is the very low stream rate causing issues somewhere - trying running a download in the background - such as a music stream. you can have the music stream minimised and muted.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Daegu, Korea
    Posts
    9
    Thanks for working through this with me. I'm going to try out your suggestion later tonight.

    I posted on Reddit and another player who uses the same ISP has zero issues like this. Is this perhaps a server issue? I'm on Arkenstone. Perhaps try another server? I just don't wanna lose all the work I put into this character.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Check your ethernet port hasnt got energy saving enabled - just in case; private IP? Do you mean a static IP that only you use? If so there are no issues, I have a static IP my self.

    One other thing to try, in case it is the very low stream rate causing issues somewhere - trying running a download in the background - such as a music stream. you can have the music stream minimised and muted.
    The Bear-Headed Dwarf

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Thidik View Post
    Thanks for working through this with me. I'm going to try out your suggestion later tonight.

    I posted on Reddit and another player who uses the same ISP has zero issues like this. Is this perhaps a server issue? I'm on Arkenstone. Perhaps try another server? I just don't wanna lose all the work I put into this character.
    hey guys..thanks for all the responses!! i was also facing similar connection lost and your responses were helpful!!
    best regards!!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload