We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 days later...

3 days later...

...there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Holy cow - that was kinda exciting. 2 days of Twitter and Facebook, reading one post after another and waiting for the ETA to expire, lol
    At least i saw some funny comments with pictures, but i´m happy we have access to the forums again.
    That means we are close to the reopening (i hope).
    Please, never EVER do that again, SSG - stick a fat "dont touch this!" label on the data center once done xD

Oh man, I would love to know what happened for this to take 3 days!

Not that I was waiting for this, but here I am

Quote Originally Posted by Trichar View Post
    ...there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Holy cow - that was kinda exciting. 2 days of Twitter and Facebook, reading one post after another and waiting for the ETA to expire, lol
    At least i saw some funny comments with pictures, but i´m happy we have access to the forums again.
    That means we are close to the reopening (i hope).
    Please, never EVER do that again, SSG - stick a fat "dont touch this!" label on the data center once done xD
    Well, at least the forums seem to be back up. If the game is going to be down for 3 days (so far -- latest ETA is Saturday), I'm hoping that the performance issues are alleviated.

To me it seems that the forums are loading faster than they did pre move. Wil see how long it lasts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf21x View Post
    To me it seems that the forums are loading faster than they did pre move. Wil see how long it lasts lol.
    yes forums r loading really faster!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

I have to say, some of those pictures on twitter were hilarious.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

3 days later and you all survived...!!! does the world outside look the same as 11 years ago?
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

What was weird is that being on the road a lot, I missed the forums more than the actual game.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Fëanáro Curufinwë/The Bright Lord/Yennefer Of Vengerberg 1193+ Videos {Youtube}
    https://vanyalanthiriel.imgur.com/all Ardaranyë Envinyanta Image Compendium
    https://www.twitch.tv/spiritofire90 ~ The Army of One

Do you think they work weekends? Thought someone blue would have posted by now to give us a heads up.... I guess it is 2.50am over there ... maybe in a couple of hours ...>>>
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Hope we get some scented candles for our troubles

I still can't log I'm getting an authentication error....scented candles???? 500 lp would be more useful (and fair)
    Stop That! It's extremely silly!

It's not all bad news. I just got my old account back which "could not be restored". At least we know that in the data centre outage they have had to restore a backup more than a year old. Ohh what fun

Could be because most people have not found out that the forum is working again

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    Yes forum is loading like any normal site would do now, not like before when it was crawling.

Quote Originally Posted by qewqewd View Post
    Could be because most people have not found out that the forum is working again
    Eheh! Yeah that could be it.

Still even with like 80 people or so browsing a forum at the same time, it should never be as slow as it has been in the past. I don't think I have ever seen as many as 80 people even being logged into the forums. More like 20-30 at any give time. Of course some can be browsing without being logged in. Still any forum should never be as slow as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrufus View Post
    It's not all bad news. I just got my old account back which could not be restored. At least we know that in the data centre outage they have had to restore a backup more than a year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Just so You guys know. At first i could not log-in to the site. Then I thought hey I'll try an old password and then I got in. Happily I keep a record of my old passwords.
    P.S. kingrufus & Lord.Funk (awesome names) ...Should we be concerned?
    Last edited by Ciarran; Mar 09 2019 at 04:46 AM.
    “Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay; Small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien

When can we play again?

Hello everyone! i had some "stuck on pre reqs loading" issues and now i realized what was going on and im happy that its not because of my pc, internet etc^^ can someone explain to me what exactly is going on? did they give us an headsup? cant seem to find anything :/

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarran View Post

P.S. kingrufus & Lord.Funk (awesome names) ...Should we be concerned?
    No idea, that is why I made a bug report as soon as I noticed. I have also sent it as PM to Cordovan and a few of the staff on the forums. Those that never changes their passwords might not even have noticed. One should always do that for security reasons, no matter what site one uses. It's also very nice to have a support account set-up as that is a separate system, making You create a separate support account and password that You have to change and verify on a regular basis, so if anything goes wrong with Your main game account You can still contact them via that. https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

As long as we haven't been able to get into our accounts within the game I hope we should not have to worry. As You see the forum is having new posts that are not some old version from months ago, so it hopefully only seem to be affecting the authentication server data-base. Hopefully not the game files, like characters, storage etc.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Mar 09 2019 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    Well said - enjoy the ride.

It is good to be back

Yippee more candles

Nymphonic
    Post Master

I have to say, some of those pictures on twitter were hilarious.

Well said - enjoy the ride.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarran View Post
    ...See this Post:...

P.S. kingrufus & Lord.Funk (awesome names) ...Should we be concerned?...
    Hey again, Could I request You to remove the link and the quote from my other post please ???

Now that I have been able to bug report this plus PM devs/staff it might be a bad thing to have it in public as it also can be read by those with bad intentions. My initial reason was to help some log into the forums but as I said others might read it too and now it has been propely bug reported, so no need to have the post anymore.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Mar 09 2019 at 05:06 AM.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Nelrond View Post
    Hello everyone! i had some "stuck on pre reqs loading" issues and now i realized what was going on and im happy that its not because of my pc, internet etc^^ can someone explain to me what exactly is going on? did they give us an headsup? cant seem to find anything :/
    They moved the servers and are still working to set it all up. I don't think anyone can log into the game yet. It was just recently that the forums went live. So we, the players don't know much more as of now.

Edit: We were able to log-in for a short period, but it seems they had to take it down again now for more fixes. Accounts did not have the correct purchases and status unlocked. Some accounts that were only around a year old could not be accessed at all. However at least mails and character progression seemed to be intact. At least on the account we had time to checked. It lacked areas it had bought to unlock, extra storage and such but the characters levels and gear seemed to be correct and the mails was still waiting etc.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Mar 09 2019 at 06:05 AM.

There is a German proverb: 'dreimal umgezogen ist wie einmal abgebrannt'

'moving three times, is the same as once burnt to the ground'

I don't know how often there had been a technical move of the hardware, but it was bound to happen one day. The worst kind of bugs is the one that kills one component, which you replace with a newer
    device; then while you hoped you were done, this device kills another component; you replace that one as well; and then the latter one kills the first component again. And both keep taking turns in hitting each other. Only if you replace them both in one go, you might be lucky enough to get rid of that curse. No matter how illogical that is, but I have seen that happen (on a consumer machine). Maybe a power source was flakey; but how do you find that out if it does seemingly work whenever you check it?

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 120 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 120 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast