We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 62 of 62
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    248
    I read you're whole post. There is WAY TOO MUCH posted to be discussed with any substance. This is something you could throw at the devs if you really wanted to. However, as a discussion point and desire to have opinions on it, good luck. I suggest you break something like this up into multiple more succinct pieces, that can be addressed and discussed, if that's what you want.

    The post is simply too long, and covers too many topics to be discussed thoroughly and effectively. Any feedback will be a cluster that wont be a good read either. I'd be more than happy to talk about PvMP issues, but not in this fashion. This will only turn into a giant unorganized mess will little valid discussion. PvMP does indeed have a lot of issues. Throwing a wall of text of pvp problems up is not the best way to talk about it.

    A better approach would be to discuss very specific issues in separate topics if you want quality discussion(still wont get it from some folks). For instance, if you want to talk about balance, that's one topic. If you want to talk about gear, that's another one, and so on. If I were to break up all the PvMP issues, just as an example, I'd say they are gear, balance, map, corruptions, skills, classes, loot, game play, community, the players, and tactics. Some may break them up differently, but I think you'll find that you can't properly discuss one issue when all the others are flying around in the same thread. It can also make it unwelcoming and feel like a waste of time(waiting for the usual people to chime in here) when it's a big giant mess.
    Brandywine: [Warden] Elochai, [Burglar] Aelochai, [Hunter] Daeskirlo, [Minstrel] Tychonir, [Beorning] Maelikar, [Champion] Daekhar, [Rune-Keeper] Elokhai
    Creepside: [Stalker] Dawgystyle, [Weaver] Tyreth

  2. #52
    I have read.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgis View Post
    I have read.
    As have I , another post that will be completely and utterly ignored by SSG/Vastin . Waste of time and effort .

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22
    Hello everyone and thanks for commenting! I love all your great suggestions and issues you've pointed out:

    First thing I'd like to say just one more time is THANK YOU

    Secondly I'd like to say this is only step one because getting changes to PvMP is an ongoing process that needs YOU to participate the first step is reading and commenting (like you have and still will continue to do) what you think on my forum post here (or other forum posts you like/ dislike in the forums: THE DEVS DO READ THEM!)

    And the second step is somewhat of a "next level" thing but it shows that PvMP (or any changes really) are worth it to you and me so I'm going to start emailing the change list to the developers at their emails at LOTRO@standingstonegames.com with the headline "Ettenmoors PvMP Changes" as well as requesting they tell us what they think. This, along with our frequent (and I know us PvMPers frequently post on the forums) forum posts, will help us show SSG that HEY! WE ARE HERE AND WE HAVE $$$ TO SPEND.

    I also know that people who don't necessarily play lotro as much as they'd like or have left the game entirely might also be interested in coming back should PvMP get some love.
    LOTRO and DDO are the only games under Daybreak Games that do not have good PvP support, and that is somewhat saddening Perhaps SSG's "business daddy" will help us out if we show them that WE ARE HERE.

    Thanks again for all your comments and support!
    -Alexanda

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexanda View Post
    Hello everyone and thanks for commenting! I love all your great suggestions and issues you've pointed out:

    First thing I'd like to say just one more time is THANK YOU

    Secondly I'd like to say this is only step one because getting changes to PvMP is an ongoing process that needs YOU to participate the first step is reading and commenting (like you have and still will continue to do) what you think on my forum post here (or other forum posts you like/ dislike in the forums: THE DEVS DO READ THEM!)

    And the second step is somewhat of a "next level" thing but it shows that PvMP (or any changes really) are worth it to you and me so I'm going to start emailing the change list to the developers at their emails at LOTRO@standingstonegames.com with the headline "Ettenmoors PvMP Changes" as well as requesting they tell us what they think. This, along with our frequent (and I know us PvMPers frequently post on the forums) forum posts, will help us show SSG that HEY! WE ARE HERE AND WE HAVE $$$ TO SPEND.

    I also know that people who don't necessarily play lotro as much as they'd like or have left the game entirely might also be interested in coming back should PvMP get some love.
    LOTRO and DDO are the only games under Daybreak Games that do not have good PvP support, and that is somewhat saddening Perhaps SSG's "business daddy" will help us out if we show them that WE ARE HERE.

    Thanks again for all your comments and support!
    -Alexanda
    This must be a joke lmao

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by xxSniperxx View Post
    This must be a joke lmao
    Ofc it is.

    The day the Developers/QA stop actively playing on live servers, it all went down hill from there.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    Ofc it is.

    The day the Developers/QA stop actively playing on live servers, it all went down hill from there.
    Not a joke. I do agree with Sapienze. But I do believe we can show them as a community that we do care and want them to care too. However for that to happen we, as a community must care and unfortunately comments like these show that the community does not care. Maybe it is because the community does not care, but I certainly do care and will attempt to be a voice for the (I assume) minority that does care, and hopefully more people will chime in that they care about the game... Perhaps after they are given something tangible to actually care about.

    -Alexanda

  8. #58
    It is a joke and here is why.

    You can't seriously think the remaining pvpers make any difference. You are up against Festival goers, Rpers, Pve grinders, Altoholics, Cosmetic and Housing junkies, Hoarders, Pve raiders, and Casual newbs. Then there is the Lore monkeys. How can anyone sincerely think SSG gives a hoot about PvMP. Out of the above mentioned, I bet less than 5% of each sub group even cares about pvp and some just as soon wish it was gone all together. If SSG cared they would have a known presence in the Moors.

    It was said PvMP would get a look at after class rebalancing. Umm, everyone knows class balance never ends. It is inherent in the cycle of fotm classes. Boost one and many players gravitate to it. They spend money to avoid the grinds to reach their goals. And... Somehow, you think, you can get a word wedged into someone who will say "OK Its decided" "Were putting everything into PvMP this quarter"

    I'm making a fresh pot of coffee. Want to smell it?
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    It is a joke and here is why.

    You can't seriously think the remaining pvpers make any difference. You are up against Festival goers, Rpers, Pve grinders, Altoholics, Cosmetic and Housing junkies, Hoarders, Pve raiders, and Casual newbs. Then there is the Lore monkeys. How can anyone sincerely think SSG gives a hoot about PvMP. Out of the above mentioned, I bet less than 5% of each sub group even cares about pvp and some just as soon wish it was gone all together. If SSG cared they would have a known presence in the Moors.

    It was said PvMP would get a look at after class rebalancing. Umm, everyone knows class balance never ends. It is inherent in the cycle of fotm classes. Boost one and many players gravitate to it. They spend money to avoid the grinds to reach their goals. And... Somehow, you think, you can get a word wedged into someone who will say "OK Its decided" "Were putting everything into PvMP this quarter"

    I'm making a fresh pot of coffee. Want to smell it?
    Personally I think it will work, obviously someone has a half glass empty approach. There are multitudes of players who would be interested in coming back to the game and spending their money on it if things were balanced out and PvMP was given a little bit of love.

    -Alexanda
    Last edited by Alexanda; Apr 19 2019 at 01:01 AM.

  10. #60
    "multitudes"

    I do not think that word means what you think it means
    .

    Mortem Tyrannis

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexanda View Post
    Not a joke. I do agree with Sapienze. But I do believe we can show them as a community that we do care and want them to care too. However for that to happen we, as a community must care and unfortunately comments like these show that the community does not care. Maybe it is because the community does not care, but I certainly do care and will attempt to be a voice for the (I assume) minority that does care, and hopefully more people will chime in that they care about the game... Perhaps after they are given something tangible to actually care about.

    -Alexanda
    They're gonna take your letter and put it in the recycling bin. They have their own goals for this game, well developed pvp is not one of them. Currently they have the manpower to release 2 regions a year, and in between put festivals which can already be flipped on and off whenever (Yule in late April, perfect example), with some minor additions like cosmetics and pets and a new quest chain per festival. On top of that, they have class balancing that will go into 2020.

    You think they're gonna do something about pvp imbalance immediately after reading fanmail? Let's think of it this way: When was the last time there was a Monster Play sale in the LOTRO Store?

    I'll leave it to you to research that one, marketing clearly doesn't know that it exists. If they aren't trying to entice people to buy PvMP stuff in store, it means they don't care about it. What they DO care about are black steel keys, that's why there was a limited time offer for 10, because they know that will bring in more money.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    28
    Hi, super casual player of PvMP here. I can't comment detailed on your proposal because I'm not knowledgeable enough about PvMP to evaluate specific changes. I do have some thoughts:

    - Nerfing/slowing down/taking away player abilities should always take a second place to increasing someone else's options to deal with the situation. Creeps in particular have very limited choices in what they can do/develop/get some variety on their characters with. Keep in mind that a creep player is in the Moors only, for a very long time, with only a very limited palette of things to do each day. They spend hours and hours grinding out things to improve their char. Not every minute is filled with duels against freeps and raid clashes. Reducing options for them during that long process is not ideal.

    - The problem with 'this is bad and should be changed because it allows people to get away from fights' is what I call an end-problem and not a source-problem. The *source* problem is that there are not enough players in PvMP, that fights are hard to find, that people want more fights, and therefore they don't want someone 'getting away' from a fight they think they will win. This source should properly be addressed by making changes/incentives/access to PvMP that increase the number of players, give them more reasons to get out there doing things, and increase the number of fights. Then you will be less frustrated by the occasional player who keeps escaping you.

    Think of the overall situation in player psychology. If you make it less likely that a player can disengage from a fight, the result won't be that he stays in more fights and dies more. The result will be that he will become more cautious, more wary, will only participate in fights he knows he can win, and won't take any risks on a fight because he knows he won't be able to get away. Longer cooldowns mean he will simply engage, run away if it looks bad, and then wait without engaging until his CD expires.

    I see comments here that basically amount to "PvMP sucks and always will and there is no chance that any change will occur, don't even try". I see this in other games as well (EVE, Neverwinter etc.) that have their cadre of 'bittervets' who would rather see something fail than try to change it for the better. Perhaps they feel it is 'the realistic' view. However, someone else is putting the effort in, someone else is saying they will contact SSG, how in heck's name does it bother you if they take the effort to do so, and how does it profit you to tell them not to even try? It's a crazy response. Devs do mostly ignore forums because it is depressing to read every day how groups of your clients think you totally suck. They may not respond to direct contact either, but a polite, well reasoned, thorough communication that does half their planning/evaluation for them is certain to get more attention than forum posts saying "Moors suck and will never change!".

    For myself, I stay away from LotRO for months/years at a time (various reasons). But when some little itch starts up and makes me think "I should see what LotRO is doing again", it is almost always my tiny little rank 5 spider and warg that pops into my head first and brings me back. I don't care (well ok just a little) if some burg or hunter sneaks up and nukes me before I ever even see they are there. I just want to run around on my 4/8 legs and remind myself that the (PvE) monsters my creeps fight are real, they are deadly, they come from a bad place and they are out to get me! It makes the freep side of LotRO that much more interesting to think there are *real* monsters out there that want to gnaw on my freshly downed corpse!

    (PS: Yes, I have all the Creep classes, all at same-ish rank, it's just the spider/warg that I find the most amusing to run around in)

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload