We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

If you were making a Middle-Earth based game

I was just thinking, If you were rich and a game developer running a company and made a deal with Middle-Earth Enterprises, what story/kind of game would you make based in Middle Earth?

For me I'd be different then most and not do action. I'd do a simple farming/community game, based only in shire, life as a hobbit building up your home/community with others.
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Mar 04 2019 at 05:36 PM.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I would make a TellTale style LotR game based about the Blue Wizards in the mold of The Wolf Among Us. Wouldn't cost a ton to make, has replay value, and would be a new story to tell where people don't know the ending for sure so there is a little freedom.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

A cool God game would be neat as well. Where you play as one of the Valar and you create your own Istari to send to Arda and it simulates how the world would have turned out.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

Middle Earth version of Skyrim. Oh yeah.........
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I'd do one based on The Hobbit. You'd play a character, probably a hobbit, who realises Bilbo has forgotten his handkerchief and chases after him to give him a clean one, but never quite catches him.

You'd have adventures along the way where The Handkerchief, a rare and wonderful prize in the Wild, is in danger and you have to defend it. Mainly by running away in honourable hobbit fashion. Or even rescue it after it is stolen by dastardly thieves.

Finding places to wash and iron The Handkerchief may also be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Middle Earth version of Skyrim. Oh yeah.........
    A skyrim style Middle-earth game i would like, as I really liked playing skyrim fun game.
    Pontin Level 120 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

I have around 20 pages of my vision of a Lotro 2.0 mmo. I plan on posting it to the forums for opinions eventually, once I stop procrastinating.

As for other genre's, I too would like to see a Bethesda esq Middle Earth game with lots of exploring.

Would also like a Battle for Middle Earth 3, along with remasters of the first two. Could add a Middle Earth Total War game to the list as well. (There is a Lotr Total War mod)

Two other games I've enjoyed playing were The Third Age and The Hobbit, both for ps2. There was also a Gameboy Advance SP version of the Hoobit too. Wouldn't mind seeing remakes of these as well. The Third Age was particularly fun.

Some links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ho...03_video_game)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lo..._The_Third_Age

To answer your question, if I could only make one game it would be my mmo. But as you can see there are numerous options, enough that you could make a "Middle Earth Gaming" studio that focuses on numerous Tolkien games at once.

There is also a Fellowship of the Ring for PS2. I remember a level where you had to sneak past the Nazgul in the Shire. I didn't get very far and I don't think the game was very good lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lo...g_(video_game)
    Last edited by WhiteWolf21x; Mar 12 2019 at 09:17 PM.

Love all the ideas here. Personally, a turn based strategy game. Might look like something from the Age of Wonders series.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

...it would be an Action-Adventure with the main character being Gollum/Smeagol?

According to some news on Heise.de, the adventure publisher Daedalic has obtained a book license from Middle Earth Enterprises, for five million Dollars.

Daedalic has made some graphical adventure games of high quality, which are known for a really weird, if not wicked, kind of humour. Think of Deponia, the trash planet. But this one - looks really odd. I wonder if they aren't just trolling us. Massively. After all, the Fool's Day will soon be there.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 120 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 120 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Minas Tirith under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    I'd do one based on The Hobbit. You'd play a character, probably a hobbit, who realises Bilbo has forgotten his handkerchief and chases after him to give him a clean one, but never quite catches him.

You'd have adventures along the way where The Handkerchief, a rare and wonderful prize in the Wild, is in danger and you have to defend it. Mainly by running away in honourable hobbit fashion. Or even rescue it after it is stolen by dastardly thieves.

Finding places to wash and iron The Handkerchief may also be a thing.
    Now we're talkin'.
    I could really get behind a game like that.
    I can picture The Handkerchief getting torn (gasp) and then we would need to find a seamstress/seamster? to mend it. Maybe even learn to sew and mend it ourselves.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

I'd make a game that takes place earlier in Middle Earth's history. Either during the late first age (War of Wrath) or the early third age (founding of Gondor and Arnor).