We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Being double-billed/Can I change credit card info?

My account is being double-billed. When I go into the store to manage subscriptions, it shows two subscriptions (Monthly - Founder and LOTRO subscription). I set this account up for my daughter years ago as a Founder sub. I have never added a new sub to it. How can the same LOTRO account be listed as subbed twice?

What can I do about this? I thought about trying to cancel one sub, but I don't want to inadvertently lose my Founder rate.

Also, my CC company just issued a new card (with a new number) because it is possible the old one has been compromised by a merchant data breach. I do not see a way to edit the CC information in the LOTRO store for my account. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

For the card change just select My Payment Accounts on the drop down list under your account name in store and add your new CC card. As per here - https://help.standingstonegames.com/...t-information-

I assume you can then just delete the old card.

For the double-billing, if you're actually being charged twice, I suggest you click on Contact Support on the page linked above and send in a ticket to account support explaining the problem.

I followed the directions in the link. Opening the store and right-clicking the username does not bring up a menu with My Payment Accounts listed.

Clicking the arrow beside my username gives me the option of managing my subscriptions, but only includes deleting CC info, not editing or adding. I considered deleting the info and seeing if it would open up the option to add a new card, but again, I worry about losing my Founder's pricing. The menu beside the user name does not include a My Payment Accounts selection. Perhaps the FAQ is out of date.

As to the double-billing, it's apparently partly my fault for not checking the CC bills much earlier, because this has apparently been going on for several years. I checked the history on the store account back three years and the double-billing has been going on at least that long. I just didn't catch it.

I'm going to submit a ticket about the double account billing rather than trying to delete the extra account. Both are charging Founder's rates, and if there is a technical glitch causing this, I don't want chance wiping out the account.

Odd. When I click the arrow it shows 4 options, one of which is My Payment Accounts.

When I click the arrow I get "My Account", "History", and "Manage Subscriptions". No option for "My Payment Account".

The first part (double-billing) is squared away. A very big thank you to SSG customer service.

FYI - The reason I cannot update my CC information through the in-game store is that I am now playing through Steam. Apparently, since I set up the account with my CC, it continued to use that as a payment method, but I have no way to update that CC info in the store as long as I am playing through Steam. I have to use the Steam Wallet to pay the sub.