We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about Armaments

Howdy All!

I am 100% positive this question has been answered before, but with like a decade worth of forums and the game having undergone so many changes, it's hard to tell if the information I am finding applies to the current state etc.

So, I have only played a Warden, EVER, I started back in 2008 when Moria launched, played a Warden then, have played one always. But on the Legendary Server I didn't feel like leveling up yet another Warden, so I went with a captain.

That's not really relevant to my question though, so here is my question:

Where do I find armaments to change the appearance of my herald? I have seen information that tailors make them. Is that the ONLY way to get them? In the Auction House I search for "armament" and get no results. I don't even see a category in the AH for armaments? What category are they supposed to be a part of? Are there just no tailors at all on the legendary servers posting armaments? I would think armaments for the server's captains would be a hot ticket item, but I can't find any.

What am I missing here?

Since a few years now, you don't use armaments to change the appearance of the Captain's Herald. Each type of Herald is a specific skill now.
    Talk to a Captain Trainer NPC to barter for/buy the skills.

Tailors still make armaments but if you just want to change the appearance of your Herald you can barter for them at a Captain Trainer. You buy a Writ from the trainer and then exchange that for the appearance you want.

Ahhh yes, thank you all, now I see it.

I never go to the trainers anymore, I never even thought of looking in the shop.

Thanks all

Also a tip about those, you can actually get the archer early from your trainer. You normally learn the skill at level 24 or 26 I think, but at level 20 you can grab an archer herald from the trainer and have it right then. May or may not be useful depending on your current level.

Oh man thanks for this! I just came back to the game after a loooooonnnnggggg break and was curious about this too. I saw that the armaments are no longer needed to utilize the herald pets but without them they all look like homeless conscripts pulled off the street. I was going to ask the same question because the aesthete in me was almost willing to sacrifice the stats just to avoid the rag wearing peasant following me around.