We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LI swap and lag

LI swap and lag

I love LI swapping, it adds an element of skill to the game and makes classes go beyond their limits. Also opens up so many options on how to build toons.
    But a big problem I have is that it makes me lag so much. Does anyone known a way to reduce li swapping lag?
    If it's relevant, my hunter doesn't lag as nearly as much as my cappy.
    Hunter is a male hobbit and has done few content while cappy is a woman with a ton of content done. Also both hunter li's are the same weapon type while cappies' are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Issack View Post
    LI swapping
    Quote Originally Posted by Issack View Post
    makes classes go beyond their limits.
    And thats exactly the reason why it should be nerfed. A simple 5s CD on all skills after a swap would be enough. Doesnt have to be as harsh as not being able to swap weapons at all, like it is impossible for normal equipment.
    In mmos, classes mustn't go beyond their limits. Limits need to exist and not be easily broken. That should be reserved for single player games.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    And thats exactly the reason why it should be nerfed. A simple 5s CD on all skills after a swap would be enough. Doesnt have to be as harsh as not being able to swap weapons at all, like it is impossible for normal equipment.
    In mmos, classes mustn't go beyond their limits. Limits need to exist and not be easily broken. That should be reserved for single player games.
    Would prefer induction time (interuptable with the risk of loosing it if you bpe during the progress), put your weapon in use away and pull the new need time but you can do it as long as you wish.
    3-5s per swap would be enough. As one option or instant but with loosing the weapon in use for this fight(get locked), cause you drop it to the battleground.
    Option is switchable on choice.
    Then we would be near reality.

I wouldn't see any problems on having the new limits being estabilished with the weapon swapping and balancing the game from there. Reason being the benefits from weapon swapping demand a lot from the player, increasing the skill gap and learning curve for a class. Take, champ, for example. The difficulty of playing the class is increased by a huge amount with weapon swapping while only giving an extra 10% dps (according to experienced champs). I understand it's not realistic to be able to weapon swap that fast on a fight and breaks the immersion for some players, but the benefits of having more options to build your toon and more ways to achieve better performance (as long as it requires the player to play better) helps adding the complexity that lotro lacks comparing to other games. That goes well in the line of thought of the devs with mini/beorn/hunter changes in the past year. Those classes were stuck in a rotation that would come down to the spam of a couple of skills. Like the barrage+pen shot spam from the old blue hunter.

And it would be even more difficult if it get limited in someway with less win. So it would be better for you if you like a increase of difficulty for a small win.

Not to forget that champs have the longest way to swap with the smallest impact.
    All other classes needs to sweep one weapon while champs need to seewp one to two.

the worst is swapping to an unimpued weapon to buff a buff (cappies with sod and charge duration, guards for + targets and so on)

this must defenitly stop it cannot be that we need old gear to get the maximum out of our class, and this is not just for lis also for bonused gear. Some classes even don´t wear a single 120 armour cause the bonuses from the old sets are to op that the lost of stats doesn´t count, they´re still get a boost.( but this is off topic).

but nevertheless the weaponsweeping as we have it now is far from realistic and must be changed or removed. thge only worst would be if we could switch our armour during the battle.