We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Some landscape adjustments have been made in Moria"

From the patch notes for tomorrow's patch.....

"Some landscape adjustments have been made in Moria."

Can you give us some more details as to what has been changed?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

i guess its because of the legendary servers, but yes, i also want to know the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by WorrBinpike View Post
    i guess its because of the legendary servers, but yes, i also want to know the changes.
    I would imagine that is the reason, they may have made some changes to make progress of older quests better or something or another..... I will likely log on to one of the regular servers to check it out, but it would be nice to know what changes exactly are planned, instead of just "well we made changes, you figure it out....".
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Checked in with the designer who made the changes - they are all by-and-large cosmetic changes to the landscape in preparation for the launch of the region on the Legendary Servers. Swapping in updated textures, some spot repainting, adjustments to the dayfiles.

The biggest change though is the stairs in Durin's Threshold now has the correct number of steps to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
    The biggest change though is the stairs in Durin's Threshold now has the correct number of steps to it.
    Sounds like a step in the right direction....

Cheers
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Checked in with the designer who made the changes - they are all by-and-large cosmetic changes to the landscape in preparation for the launch of the region on the Legendary Servers. Swapping in updated textures, some spot repainting, adjustments to the dayfiles.

Thanks for the info!

Lets count steps, everyone!

Now, when in March will we get to see this glorious Moria on the legendary servers...... any hints?
    -----

"The biggest change though is the stairs in Durin's Threshold now has the correct number of steps to it."

Quote Originally Posted by Fealhach View Post

Cheers
    Ba-dum-tish!

Sounds good, I love those types of updates. Really makes the older areas feel good when you go back to them.

Yep, time for me to get characters to Moria again for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDave View Post
    Yep, time for me to get characters to Moria again for the fun of it.
    We have two characters on the very verge of starting the Walls of Moria. We've been letting them sit while leveling other alts.

I'm looking forward to getting back into Moria. It is magnificent even in decay.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

floaty nodes and maybe lack of change documentation

hallo all and thank you SSG for bringing some Quality of life changes into the game.
    when a Person Plays other MMORPG's currently on the market and Comes back to LOTRO one realises that graphic Upgrades are very welcome

Secondly, are These changes the cause for sci-fi like hovering metal nodes and rocks? sometimes the mats are hidden inside a tree trunk or under a rock and inaccessable.

anyway. in the interest of improving Gameplay should we report this in game with a ticket or should we make a list of the co-ordinates and post a Forum thread?
    GWAIHIR Turtegiel - Hunter Onerk - Champ Ferkil - Guardian Fealegwe - Warden

.... adjustments to the dayfiles.
    Could this mean Moria is again brighter than before the revamp ? Make Moria great again (Means, give us back the old lighting system and make Moria dark. Thats how Moria should look like).

Quote Originally Posted by Fealegwe View Post
    Secondly, are These changes the cause for sci-fi like hovering metal nodes and rocks? sometimes the mats are hidden inside a tree trunk or under a rock and inaccessable.

anyway. in the interest of improving Gameplay should we report this in game with a ticket or should we make a list of the co-ordinates and post a Forum thread?
    I would (and do) send a Bug report about things like this. This is probably the best thing to do to get them fixed. Don't forget to include the /loc info.

Quote Originally Posted by Fealegwe View Post
    hallo all and thank you SSG for bringing some Quality of life changes into the game.
    when a Person Plays other MMORPG's currently on the market and Comes back to LOTRO one realises that graphic Upgrades are very welcome

We have been reporting them for 6 months with no resolution. I personally gave up reporting them before Christmas; found a floating treasurebox in the Shire a couple of days ago - meh.
    Best ones are where they have removed a hill or bank, but the mat still appears, so is floating waaaay up in the sky with no way to reach it.

(why did they remove that hill near Thorins Hall??)

[...] The biggest change though is the stairs in Durin's Threshold now has the correct number of steps to it.
    I could guess that this is the major change second only to "adding invisible barriers almost everywhere cause ppl going where it's not roleplay-legit it's against law and morality so we have to prevent elves going on the cornices and into places where they could take the Huge Unfair Advantage (H.U.A.) of taking awesome screens for their desktop while others will be left with Bree pavement screenies".

Oh, yeah, with no commas this was probably too long to write and too tiring to read, so it was omitted -.-"

(Hoping to be absolutely wrong... )

--Duf of Ark

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    From the patch notes for tomorrow's patch.....

"Some landscape adjustments have been made in Moria."

Can you give us some more details as to what has been changed?
    Rework for the 64 bit and the future supported new graphic cards(early march for the beta client) i guess. This legendary server stuff allways is written seperated and labeled. It is for the normal version i guess. The guys at the legendary servers are wanting this old stuff. But to 80% they are getting the newer graphics to and are not happy(I do not understand, why an dont need to, i guess.)

There are many anouncements from earlyer /actual letters of them.
    1 is the return to moria. 1 oter the re working( as side note).

/edit: all regions startig from moria are getting some dungeon (up to +4 for the 1st) - options to. Means harder tiers.
    Also the later levels are asked to return to moria for some new secrets and more treasures to discover.

ps.: A lot of textures are screaming for"make me (U)HD please". They are looking so washed and i even almost cant discover how the face is looking at some npc.
    Last edited by Androhir; Feb 26 2019 at 09:09 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fealhach View Post

The biggest change though is the stairs in Durin's Threshold now has the correct number of steps to it...

Cheers
    Eheh! That made me laugh out loud here. Friends looking at me weirdly. I'm glad I did not have any coffee or it would be all over the keyboard right now.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Feb 26 2019 at 09:30 AM.

Question

Any chance to get to know more details or even have BR open when these things are in progress in the future ???

I for one would really enjoy to be able to take personal before and after screenshots. Even with my characters in them or the kinship even. Some might enjoy making such videos as well. Only way to do that is to know very detailed what things will be changed (get a facelift), so You can get the right angles in the shots and the right spot where changes will happen. I so enjoyed the first facelift in Bree, Ered Luin etc starter areas (u22.2), as we could follow it. We knew as we could compare with BR and live. Take screenshots etc. There are even some videos out there with it.

YouTube: (LoTRO) A Look Into U22.2's Landscape Revamp!

I never knew about the bree-town facelift that happened many years ago beforehand, so no chance to get before and after screenshots, but did stumble upon a video that had some of it archived by a YouTuber and it was really fun to watch. He/she had found screenshots from old bree-town and compared to new one. Some of the imagery is of poorer quality though as it was a while back (2012 was it ???).

YouTube: LOTRO: Old Bree vs New Bree

Quote Originally Posted by WorrBinpike View Post
    Could this mean Moria is again brighter than before the revamp ? Make Moria great again (Means, give us back the old lighting system and make Moria dark. Thats how Moria should look like).
    Moria has a number of different dayfiles in it. Some of them were adjusted to provide better appearance of depth/fog/contrast, others saw the return of the player-based lighting. Overall, the designers wanted to help make places that didn't feel like old caves feel like old caves again.

Moria has a number of different dayfiles in it. Some of them were adjusted to provide better appearance of depth/fog/contrast, others saw the return of the player-based lighting. Overall, the designers wanted to help make places that didn't feel like old caves feel like old caves again.
    Might someone have accidentally hit the RAIN-button by chance? I'm currently at the skirmish Battle of the Twenty-First Hall and it's raining. Pouring down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post

I never knew about the bree-town facelift that happened many years ago beforehand, so no chance to get before and after screenshots, but did stumble upon a video that had some of it archived by a YouTuber and it was really fun to watch. He/she had found screenshots from old bree-town and compared to new one. Some of the imagery is of poorer quality though as it was a while back (2012 was it ???).

YouTube: LOTRO: Old Bree vs New Bree

Wow, that brings back memories. My favorite part of the Bree revamp was that guy cutting wood for all those years finally sitting down and getting a rest lol.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Elecyah View Post
    Might someone have accidentally hit the RAIN-button by chance? I'm currently at the skirmish Battle of the Twenty-First Hall and it's raining. Pouring down.
    Actually it should be raining inside Moria all the time, especially in the twenty first hall. Why is this? Well this is because it is a locked in room with dozens of people inside of it with a huge roof and very little ventilation. There would be a lot of water vapor and condensation from that many people, torches, animals, campfires, etc that when all that warm air hits the cool walls of the cave or collects at the cooler ceiling then it would condensate and form water droplets that would eventually fall down as rain. This would be noticeably more prevalent in the smaller caves that are flooded with warm blooded creatures. Bugs, not so much. But cave claws and things would generate a condensation rain effect. in the oldest halls of moria that have had the most people in them the longest you may even begin to see stalagtites and stalagmites as the condensation finds common areas to rain back down from.

Quote Originally Posted by Elecyah View Post
    It appears that the space that the skirmish was copied in to accidentally has the default dayfile assigned to it instead of a specific Moria dayfile. Something that can be addressed easily for a future patch or update.

And yes, in certain circumstances, it is completely possible for caves to have atmosphere and weather of their own.

11 years later, the "Counter of Stairs" forum title gets results. The arc of the universe is long, my friends...
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

It appears that the space that the skirmish was copied in to accidentally has the default dayfile assigned to it instead of a specific Moria dayfile. Something that can be addressed easily for a future patch or update.

And yes, in certain circumstances, it is completely possible for caves to have atmosphere and weather of their own.
    Okies, all good then. ^.^ I thought it might have been something like that.

Also: I love the fact that the first reply I got was on how it totally *could* be raining in Moria. Thanks, HappyCappy!.
    Might be a nice touch, too, for real. Except that, in my imagination anyway, it should be a drippier kind of rain - like the kind that makes stalagmites and -tites. (like HappyCappy mentioned.)
    This was the kind of windy, beating down rain that would be at home in open plains like the Lone Lands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast