We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 309
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Clearly there is a LOT of interest in additional information about Legendary Items. We'll have to see what we can say on the subject.
    That woud be great.
    The grind atm if you are a new player to max out a full legendary item is beyond any fun currently.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Clearly there is a LOT of interest in additional information about Legendary Items. We'll have to see what we can say on the subject.


    Part of me is at least thankful that you finally acknowledged so many players' concerns on this issue.

    And the other part of me is..."um...what did he just say?"

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Clearly there is a LOT of interest in additional information about Legendary Items. We'll have to see what we can say on the subject.
    Just remove the tier 4+ ideas and do LI revamp instead. You will gain more money you will become RICH!!!!! THINK about it
    Argohald 120 Champion(main), Phokalin 120 Guardian, Helectra 105 Warden Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana 105 Lore master, Ellinas 100 Guardian, Armonia 65 Captain in Landroval

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGoliath View Post
    The captain's classs should maintain its current state except for the scaling issues, especially our blue line. Blue might even need a complete revamp. Yellow also suffers from scaling issue at this current state, an example is SiN. Other than that, the redline captain should pretty much do a bit more dps and keep its current buffs.

    Captain has always hold the title buff class and it should maintain this role, toning down the fellowship buffs of captain sounds ridiculous to me. Also nerfing revealing in it's current state is a completely ridiculous, morale pools reflect the current dps output so it should be fine. Healers have mostly their hands full on their tanks as the tanks are boasting more towards buffers, rather than stacking more defences like (p)BPE. More defense could mean more breathing space for your group, allowing a healer to heal the fellowship members without a tank suffering toomuch loss. But this also brings some disadvantages against certain mobs attacks that are tactical. This result in tanks currently boasting towards buffer. Revealing currently helps the DPS in that part for healing back up.

    I see people suggesting that yellow captain should be lifted out of its role. Let me remind you that a yellow captain has a lot of issues with aggro in compare to a guardian. Their defense buffs are mostly meant for their fellowship too, it still is in a buff role and a captain is always required to use more cooldowns in compare to guardians who can stay more stable at high pressure. In expenses of only 2 aggro skills and less capable of dealing with high pressure without cds, the yellow captain is more than fine. Some of their selfhealing capabilities are even heavily underpowered, the selfheals from being hit and strength in numbers have become nearly obsolete to a yellow captain.

    I know that burglars and wardens/LMs can do a fair share of buffs too, but I'd like to see captain maintaining its role as buffer class that is a must have in every 6 or 12man instance.

    Judging from what people currently say as for Vastin his letter, I am concerned regarding the captain. I'd like to see many bugfixes and increased dps/hps, but toning down fellowship buffs of a captain makes me question if you want to pull a captain on line with lets say a hunter/rk. If a hunter or RK can do asmuch as a captain gives to his fellowship and from himself, then I can see the captain becoming an obsolete class, people will rather go with 1 more dps than a captain.

    Knowing that when SSG have their own plans, they mostly are cunning enough to screw something up. I'd like @Vastin to inform me a little on what his thoughts are for the captain, this can be in PM aswell if possible. Because I do not trust SSG when they say they have their own plans. I am also available for a little chat if you contact me in pm, I can give you my discord. GMs may also contact me ingame if they've any questions for feedback or so. I've already given some feedback back at the mordor expansion to a GM, I hope Vastin received this information.

    If SSG screws the captain up, I'm ready to start screaming.
    Guardian were and always should have been the main Tank's, they kept getting nerfed while Cappy's relished it up.

    Ever since Cappy's have been buffed up and not touched, they have taken the role out from being Support to main Tank. This is now extending to the Beorning, since they can now Tank and Heal better than a Guardian.

    This is one reason why only one Trait Tree should only ever be available without allowing dipping into other Trait Tree's.

    If you want a Challenge InGame, then that's the only fair way to do it, so each Class with One Full Trait Tree has a Role.

    Now when Cappy's are mentioned for rework, they need to feel the effects of every other class has had by being nerfed and their Original Role's changed.

  5. #105
    First, I agree with an adjustment on virtues to make them scale up with level but if it is another grind to earn them so I am done with LOTRO. Genocide mobs is terrible enough.

    Second, for crafting, I remember that I did not worry too much about my gear from lv30 to lv95 because I have all guilds. However, everything changes when my first toon reached lv100, it is a nightmare for me now to keep him surviving because I do not have time to find enough material to craft his armor.

    Last but not least, there is no new class or race this year for LOTRO, another disappointment while DDO has 19 races and 19 classes. It seems like SSG prefer DDO rather than LOTRO in updating and creating new contents.

    P/S: 7 years ago, I purchased a new computer to just play LOTRO. Now it seems my investment does not bring back as much fun as I expect.
    Wose, Huorn, and Earth Kin are playable races; when will that day come true?
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-playable-race

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Clearly there is a LOT of interest in additional information about Legendary Items. We'll have to see what we can say on the subject.
    I believe the term is "OVERWHELMING interest". I can hardly think this is a surprise to any of you.

    And I am also in the "dubious about the crafting update" camp. After the that the Ironfold crafting turned out to be, I worry that this is the direction our development team considers "positive". Inssane material costs and gear that is only available after completing the entire zone is hardly desirable, nor welcome. There should have been recipes at the level 117 and 119 tiers, with the standard teal Guild recipes at 120. (or 116/118, if you prefer) The required exotic materials are just the fecal matter sprinkles on the "Tasty Frosting" covering a cake made of pine needles and mud.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

    Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Seschat;7918036 The required exotic materials are just the fecal matter sprinkles on the "[URL="https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3ATasty_Frosting_Recipe"
    Tasty Frosting[/URL]" covering a cake made of pine needles and mud.

    I'm sure eventually I'll be able to clean all the spit-up-while-burst-out-laughing coffee from my keyboard....but if not...it was still WELL worth it!

    Nicely said.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    366
    LIs can be easily upgraded with the purchase of Mithril Coins from the store. $150+ worth will go a long way to max an LI in only a few minutes. This revenue stream would be greatly missed, and we can't comprehend how you can choose to avoid paying with months and months of grind instead of paying up. Really, what is it with you guys?

    So we cannot at this time make it easier to do via gameplay.

    Any re-vamp would have to cover development costs and make up for the lost in revenue gotten by arbitrary cap rises requiring LI upgrading. Also as this ever growing LI cycle causes problems with our balance and game difficulty work it needs to fund those aspects also.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorZilla View Post
    Guardian were and always should have been the main Tank's, they kept getting nerfed while Cappy's relished it up.

    Ever since Cappy's have been buffed up and not touched, they have taken the role out from being Support to main Tank. This is now extending to the Beorning, since they can now Tank and Heal better than a Guardian.

    This is one reason why only one Trait Tree should only ever be available without allowing dipping into other Trait Tree's.

    If you want a Challenge InGame, then that's the only fair way to do it, so each Class with One Full Trait Tree has a Role.

    Now when Cappy's are mentioned for rework, they need to feel the effects of every other class has had by being nerfed and their Original Role's changed.
    Where do cappies maintank?
    Where are bears completely taking over the job of the guardian?

    Do you raid sir? I dont know what server you hail from but on Arkenstone cappies do not main tank, they have their EXTREME flaws i.e. No heavy shield, no good aoe taunts, no fortification mits. They are boss tanks only for the raid, taunting 1-2 targets while they are *always* paired with a guardian.

    The bear also may be strong so I hear on the forums but I as a guard main for my kin and my raids and joining pugs fail to see the effect of it. They just arent around, guards are around in the masses and tanking the raid every single day in all the top tier kins

    I suggest you know your endgame better before you make comments like you have
    Lvl 120 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 120 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 120 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 120 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 120 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 120 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Clearly there is a LOT of interest in additional information about Legendary Items. We'll have to see what we can say on the subject.
    Please dont get offended by what I am about to say,but before you or should I say devs look into LIs or instances or class balance or anything they should first go back to 1st grade and pass math.Because there is not a single valid reason for this unbalanced itemisation.One simple example t1 cloak better than t2 cloak.Or classes being forced to use jewlery from other classes to be competable that offten is not aviable if you dont have alts or strugle to trade in fellows.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    Posts
    3,024
    War Steed Trait Points.

    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

  12. #112
    You should also fix trait point grind that stops people from rolling multiple alts.And make bandaid fixes to classes that need it asap(+3 dots D)

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    3 Harrow Rd., Bamborings, Shire
    Posts
    1,364
    It's nice to have this communication and these are indeed things to look forward to.

    It's a very modest list of things to look forward to, however. I understand why that should be, but I get the sense that SSG would like us to have higher expectations than are reasonable.

    I think continuing to improve honest, productive, communication and *expectation management* with the player base will do us all good.
    Landroval - The Council of the Secret Fire Friendly, Casual, Mature, and always seeking more!
    .
    Musings on LOTRO and other games: www.killtenrats.com

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    174
    A little while ago on a live stream Cordovan expressed how he didn't understand why the group finder wasn't used like it was in DDO. If it's generally not known, at SSG, why does it warrant work done on it now? Surely you have to actually understand the why before jumping in and wasting money on guess work?


    The why? Promotion of the game as suitable for %^&£^%& (insert derogatory term of choice) yet still retaining a core of experienced MMO players together with a huge disparity between those who make daily progress and those who are happy to stagnate for weeks and people with cash to splash and a fixed budget. Linked with the continued use of DDO player/game familiarity to try and understand the Lotro player/game.

    The only way a group finder can possibly work and avoid these groups from clashing would be to rate a character for the intended instance. I'd be none too pleased if I was denied entry if my ability to overcome the odds with skill wasn't considered over a clueless whale ofc. But historically bringing in tech found in other games has generally failed and some of you guys never got your heads around item levels even up to today.

    But if you can't even run /LFF chat with proposed resources then it's all going wrong.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Clearly there is a LOT of interest in additional information about Legendary Items. We'll have to see what we can say on the subject.

    If by "a LOT of interest" you mean: "many, many, many players are unbelievably frustrated with the endless grind of the current system", then yes, you nailed it.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebenny View Post
    Where do cappies maintank?
    Where are bears completely taking over the job of the guardian?

    Do you raid sir? I dont know what server you hail from but on Arkenstone cappies do not main tank, they have their EXTREME flaws i.e. No heavy shield, no good aoe taunts, no fortification mits. They are boss tanks only for the raid, taunting 1-2 targets while they are *always* paired with a guardian.

    The bear also may be strong so I hear on the forums but I as a guard main for my kin and my raids and joining pugs fail to see the effect of it. They just arent around, guards are around in the masses and tanking the raid every single day in all the top tier kins

    I suggest you know your endgame better before you make comments like you have
    You stick to the Server you play and you can Judge by that, and we all know Ark Raiders dictate a lot in this Game, which makes the causal player with the like it or lump it attitude like your's, being the know it all type.

    I will stick to where it is being experienced, where Guards are asked 3rd down the list and even on the current Raid, and you stay where you are and Judge from Ark as pointed out above.

    hagd
    Last edited by GondorZilla; Feb 23 2019 at 05:38 PM.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    Please dont get offended by what I am about to say,but before you or should I say devs look into LIs or instances or class balance or anything they should first go back to 1st grade and pass math.Because there is not a single valid reason for this unbalanced itemisation.One simple example t1 cloak better than t2 cloak.Or classes being forced to use jewlery from other classes to be competable that offten is not aviable if you dont have alts or strugle to trade in fellows.
    It's not only that,

    Cash Grabbing on Lootboxes where a RK will end up with a LM Sword, a LM will end up with a Mini shield, a Champ ends up with a Tank shield etc etc and can't even send to an Alt because it's bound to character.

    It one of most stupid system's out there where, you buy a Bound to Account Key and Open and Account Lootbox, only to have gear which you can't use and can't send to any Alts.

    If I walked into a Store and bought a Mystery Gift box, then didn't like the item for whatever reason, I am able to give to a Family member.

    SSG need to really look hard at their Cash Grabbing Money making scheme's as it is putting casual players off who struggle to gear and end up trying to go down Lootbox route.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballie View Post
    LIs can be easily upgraded with the purchase of Mithril Coins from the store. $150+ worth will go a long way to max an LI in only a few minutes. This revenue stream would be greatly missed, and we can't comprehend how you can choose to avoid paying with months and months of grind instead of paying up. Really, what is it with you guys?

    So we cannot at this time make it easier to do via gameplay.

    Any re-vamp would have to cover development costs and make up for the lost in revenue gotten by arbitrary cap rises requiring LI upgrading. Also as this ever growing LI cycle causes problems with our balance and game difficulty work it needs to fund those aspects also.

    Apparently you think we are all made out of money or just have money sitting around to waste. I for one am not in either of those categories but I tell you what, I will give you my address and any time you want to send me $150 to level up a LI, I will be glad to accept it and use it for that. Until money grows on trees or you start regularly sending me that $150 ( say every other month I think would be fine ), SSG needs to revamp the LI system. I already pay to play the game being a vip, I am not going to pay again just to keep my weapon updated on multiple characters. It is much easier and more cost effective to take my money somewhere else where I don't need to do that. But that doesn't help anyone, especially SSG. I would like to keep what little money I do have to spend here in a game I know and love but with the LI system as it is ( and how we have to gear up as well now ), that is getting harder and harder to do.


  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Apparently you think we are all made out of money or just have money sitting around to waste. I for one am not in either of those categories but I tell you what, I will give you my address and any time you want to send me $150 to level up a LI, I will be glad to accept it and use it for that. Until money grows on trees or you start regularly sending me that $150 ( say every other month I think would be fine ), SSG needs to revamp the LI system. I already pay to play the game being a vip, I am not going to pay again just to keep my weapon updated on multiple characters. It is much easier and more cost effective to take my money somewhere else where I don't need to do that. But that doesn't help anyone, especially SSG. I would like to keep what little money I do have to spend here in a game I know and love but with the LI system as it is ( and how we have to gear up as well now ), that is getting harder and harder to do.
    Totally agree.

    Did you see my point of view on the LIs System?

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Apparently you think we are all made out of money or just have money sitting around to waste. I for one am not in either of those categories but I tell you what, I will give you my address and any time you want to send me $150 to level up a LI, I will be glad to accept it and use it for that. Until money grows on trees or you start regularly sending me that $150 ( say every other month I think would be fine ), SSG needs to revamp the LI system. I already pay to play the game being a vip, I am not going to pay again just to keep my weapon updated on multiple characters. It is much easier and more cost effective to take my money somewhere else where I don't need to do that. But that doesn't help anyone, especially SSG. I would like to keep what little money I do have to spend here in a game I know and love but with the LI system as it is ( and how we have to gear up as well now ), that is getting harder and harder to do.

    *whispering* I think the post you're criticizing was completely tongue-in-cheek, and meant to be a brutal rip on the LI system (which it sounds like you would agree with).

    Unless I misread it completely.

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Olebenny View Post
    Where do cappies maintank?
    Where are bears completely taking over the job of the guardian?

    Do you raid sir? I dont know what server you hail from but on Arkenstone cappies do not main tank, they have their EXTREME flaws i.e. No heavy shield, no good aoe taunts, no fortification mits. They are boss tanks only for the raid, taunting 1-2 targets while they are *always* paired with a guardian.

    The bear also may be strong so I hear on the forums but I as a guard main for my kin and my raids and joining pugs fail to see the effect of it. They just arent around, guards are around in the masses and tanking the raid every single day in all the top tier kins

    I suggest you know your endgame better before you make comments like you have
    This. If things continue on the current trend, we are going to end up with only 3 playable classes for end game: Guardians, Minstrels, and Hunters.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by dsltn07 View Post
    This. If things continue on the current trend, we are going to end up with only 3 playable classes for end game: Guardians, Minstrels, and Hunters.
    It's funny in that quote nobody even mentioned warden tanks
    It's like we don't exist anymore.
    Yeah, tier 3+ is one of the reasons why this is getting out of hand. too many non-block/parry/evade attacks, too many ranged-friendly only battles, and so on.

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_ArrowWind View Post
    It's funny in that quote nobody even mentioned warden tanks
    It's like we don't exist anymore.
    Yeah, tier 3+ is one of the reasons why this is getting out of hand. too many non-block/parry/evade attacks, too many ranged-friendly only battles, and so on.
    I was going to mention Warden's but Warden's had it good for so long, then nerf hammer hit.

    Wonder if they going DPS route?

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    111

    Looks Good

    Hi,

    I enjoyed seeing the producer's letter.

    The end result is that SSG is still working hard to improve the game that we all like.

    There will be items that some do not like and items that so will love.

    The reality is that SSG is implementing a vision of the game that we do not have a window into.

    I fully expect that the end result will make some happy and some mad. Such is life. As long as the game continues to be operational and works pretty cleanly, I am very satisfied.

    Great job and Kudus to all of the staff at SSG.
    All who wander are not lost... Stix
    .

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorZilla View Post
    You stick to the Server you play and you can Judge by that, and we all know Ark Raiders dictate a lot in this Game, which makes the causal player with the like it or lump it attitude like your's, being the know it all type.

    I will stick to where it is being experienced, where Guards are asked 3rd down the list and even on the current Raid, and you stay where you are and Judge from Ark as pointed out above.

    hagd
    So you dont have an idea how end game works. Great, glad we ironed that out

    Guard are 100% the main tanks still
    Lvl 120 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 120 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 120 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 120 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 120 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 120 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

 

 
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload