We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
    @Cord

Please remove most if not all above posts as they have zero to no relevance to the producer letter.
    Morondomir R15 LRM
    Leader of

Quote Originally Posted by Remcosajax View Post
    @Cord

Please remove most if not all above posts as they have zero to no relevance to the producer letter.
    Agree.
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter Rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Narzul Lore Master-Ruarin Guardian-Gorgeous Minstrel
    Borzol Reaver Rank 12-Mauhnakh BA Rank 9-Varcolac Stalker Rank 9
    Sumnor Spider Rank 8-Orcapo Defiler Rank 8.

@Cord

Yup.

OMG, people, remember that the rules apply on the weekends as well. Especially in an official thread like this one, please don't drag personal disputes into the mix.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yup.

OMG, people, remember that the rules apply on the weekends as well. Especially in an official thread like this one, please don't drag personal disputes into the mix.

Awww. I missed them.

I always find those amusing.

In defence of champs they do need work done on them.

If you look at a hunter and a champ with similar crit and mastery the hunter will out dps the champ, the champs that can pull figures to match hunters are ones who have 6 alts that have all farmed gold essences to get much better stats than the hunter, and used an alt to run the raids to farm gear that they can then shift to their champ.

As most players don't have 6 supporting alts at cap it does make it difficult for a player with a single champ toon to get a place on a full Raid run like Abyss or Anvil.

The devs need to decide if they are making the game for the 99% of players or the elite 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by m4r View Post
    In defence of champs they do need work done on them.

If you look at a hunter and a champ with similar crit and mastery the hunter will out dps the champ, the champs that can pull figures to match hunters are ones who have 6 alts that have all farmed gold essences to get much better stats than the hunter, and used an alt to run the raids to farm gear that they can then shift to their champ.

As most players don't have 6 supporting alts at cap it does make it difficult for a player with a single champ toon to get a place on a full Raid run like Abyss or Anvil.

The devs need to decide if they are making the game for the 99% of players or the elite 1%.
    The difference between a bad geared character and a good gear is nearly the same for all classes.
    Why would you take a badly geared character inside a raid? Go do instances to get you the gear

And no, you dont need 6 alts and 12 golden essences to max out crit\mastery. This is easy done with just tier 2 mithrin essences.
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Evernight - Challenger of Saruman - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

Since this is a thread designed to provide feedback about the recently-published producer's letter, please keep the conversation focused. Several-orders-removed branch discussions about what level of player should run higher-tier raids is not relevant to this thread.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

This Input is about Input to the Producers Letter's and issue's which need to be addressed, before it is removed without Justification.

Quote Originally Posted by NImlonda View Post
    The difference between a bad geared character and a good gear is nearly the same for all classes.
    Why would you take a badly geared character inside a raid? Go do instances to get you the gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    This is true, and his/her complaint is false, if your a good raider who knows how to gear up and such
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    No. They don't. Perhaps only one maybe two of the kinships who have completed tier3 Anvil took 5 Runekeepers, and maybe thats because their Runeekeepers are better than the other people on other classes??? Get your facts right.

Then you are in the wrong kinship.

If you are sitting here complaining about champion, that alone proves to me you are bad,

Then you are in the wrong kin.

I join T3 anvil runs from 2 different raid groups, and both raid groups take a champion. And again, you clearly do not understand the raid,
    Quote Originally Posted by NImlonda View Post
    If you do now do any t2\t3 content then why on earth do you talk about it?
    Why would you whine and make changes to raids if you are not even doing it? Should dev listen to people that do not even raid the content that is given them?

Nobody is forcing you to not play casual are they? Do "raiders" complain to you even if you dont do instances\raids? Why would they do that?
    My tone was abit harsh i admit, but so was yours.. you simply call out all raiders as bad people and claim to be a victim.. A victim for what?
    Firstly if you cared to even read what my post wast about, which was in defence of Arandour, Imput about Champion's and the Attitude of Player's liek you who rubbish Player's by saying they are Bad, they are poorly Geared, they do not know how to Play etc etc clearly show's that Raiders and Know it All's, come down on Causal Player's.

So your defence fails right there, I have linked some of the comments which clearly show's this Attitude.

Secondly, did I say I don't Raid? NO
    Again you clearly do not know the state of the Game and why SSG need to address these Issue's.

Thirdly, I have Geared T2 and T3, while I do T2 and T3 Instances, I do T1 Raids and have been doing them since the time they were introduced.
    Again you clearly do not know me or anything anout me including, maybe I can't sit doing 4 - 6 T2 and T3 hours raids due to Medication and Health, as it would require me to be alert at all time's so it cause nto cause a Wipe or a accidently agro etc etc.

Lastly, It is a clear Fact and if you even cared to watch SSG Streams and what come's out of BR, it has been, make it more harder, this is easy, that is easy, oh we can do TG without a Healer, oh we can do Caverns like this and that.

This is not comign from Causal Player's who just want to complete content and not bothered about a Title or putting it out there, We the first to complete X, y and z, as that's the state of the Game.

One of the reason we have asked, don't just up Morale on Instance, but go back to Mechanics where it includes all Classes and skills.
    Again, another reason why I stay on Topic here about what needs to be looked at by SSG for future updates in the Producer Letter's so we (Casual Player's)
    can be on a even playing field and one reason I am asking what is the poitn of Trait Tree's where we choose the Role we playing from each Trait Line, yet we allowed to Play skills from other Trait Line's?

The Trait Tree's need a serious look at, as that's half of the balancing issue's because the Dev's can't balance out every combination of dipping into other Trait Tree's, because the current situation of the Game is/was that, advantage's are gained by double and triple dipping. This were OP come's about.

Since you clearly stating SSG won;t listen to Casual Player's like this, it is why many have left the Game, so while I can still here, I will defend Casual Player's by knowing the comment's comign out of BR and other Server's about this is too easy.

When did this Game become about Us and Them?

So my input of, why can we not just have a T2, T3 Server's or a Pro Player Server is still Valid, becuase there is a big Divide, like it or not or believe it or Not.

I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by GondorZilla View Post
    So my input of, why can we not just have a T2, T3 Server's or a Pro Player Server is still Valid, becuase there is a big Divide, like it or not or believe it or Not.

I'll leave it at that.
    Sure as hell there is a big divide... But this completely counter-intuitive, and sorry, stupid.

People are allowed to play various different aspects of the game in various different ways. I'm a T2/T3 raider, yet I still enjoy doing the festivals and the questing, I still enjoy levelling new characters, on what server exactly should I go?

I also dislike the elite-ness that such a server would create, and the kind of community on the server that would be created as a result.

I am also allowed to have friends who are not necessarily t2/t3/pro players, that I would like to play with, what am I to do if they're on a different server?

What are people expected to do if they suddenly decide they want to get into raiding, but can't because they're on a casual server?

Like, I'm sorry, there are a million and one reasons why that idea is just stupid.

I'm so excited and delighted to hear LOTRO will get new expansion and the changes planned for in-game improvements. Thank you SSG team for staying commited to bring us the best experience in-game.

I have one question,

Does the changes in Virtue rewarding systems implies that there will be changes in the way LOTRO points will be rewarded to player?

Quote Originally Posted by GondorZilla View Post
    Firstly if you cared to even read what my post wast about, which was in defence of Arandour
    Thank you for your intentions but no need to defend me this things can happen in a gaming forum and sometimes the best friendships have started after big arguments or misunderstandings.Here the community is much more decent than other games that i have played,lets say Call of Duty for example.There the curse and the insults are daily phenomenon.

I am raiding too since day one with every kind of kinships and players.I was in a pro raiding kins,casual raiding kins and for a bit in kins that havent raid at all so i left :P .Every time is different the one day you play with better players in a "better" kin the other with less skilled players or people who dont have so much time to spend in gaming from time to time.Those things can change especially in a game that have 12 years of life.

Your idea can be useful only if they introduce a server that the content will be far more harder than the one that we have on this servers.Then maybe some players will go there to prove that they are the best among the best.On the other hand i agree with Heph cause those players also have friends who are not so lets say "pro" and they will miss them if they go to another server.Even kinship's will be forced to disband if some members want to go and some others dont.So i dont know how this can be possible maybe it will cause big problems.

I dont worry the developers will find the way to make the majority happy with the one or the other way just needed time and ofc they should always read and listen the peoples complains and requests.if you check the forums everyone asking for something all the time and its a bit hard to keep all those people satisfied and even more hard to do that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Sure as hell there is a big divide... But this completely counter-intuitive, and sorry, stupid.

Like, I'm sorry, there are a million and one reasons why that idea is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandour View Post
    Thank you for your intentions but no need to defend me this things can happen in a gaming forum

Your idea can be useful only if they introduce a server that the content will be far more harder than the one that we have on this servers.Then maybe some players will go there to prove that they are the best among the best.On the other hand i agree with Heph cause those players also have friends who are not so lets say "pro" and they will miss them if they go to another server.Even kinship's will be forced to disband if some members want to go and some others dont.So i dont know how this can be possible maybe it will cause big problems.

I dont worry the developers will find the way to make the majority happy with the one or the other way just needed time and ofc they should always read and listen the peoples complains and requests.if you check the forums everyone asking for something all the time and its a bit hard to keep all those people satisfied and even more hard to do that fast.
    Arandour

Yes I agree to an extent, and while Heph may think it is Stupid, then no thought has been given to it.

It doesn't split Players up, just like Legendary Server, Kin's have setup there again and Friends have all started from Level 1 there too, so same basics apply and it's not as Stupid as some think.

If you have Alt's or even create new one's, you can have the Raid ready players move there, and still have your Kin and Friends with your Alts.

The only Limitation maybe, the issue around some Player's can;t move due to how the EU server's were.

The other Option is if the Dev's and Co are reading is.

They can make a Lvl 105+ (Starting from Mordor) or 115/120+ Server with already Aria or Equiv Boost just liek Legendary Server and have that as the Pro server where Player's can start from there.

It can be set at T2+ Landscape and Instance's/Raids and It's not as hard as it seem's.

The New LI System can be created from this Point too.

The hard part is, engaging in the Topic as we have found.
    Last edited by GondorZilla; Mar 06 2019 at 12:26 AM.

all this is good so far. but why? why arent work guys to pvmp.how long we need to w8 for our pvmp gear with audacity?

why you ignore and avoid so much the area who have access only via vip for freeps?

this is unsocial against us...
    Krom Of Laurelin. Kromiel Rank 13

64 bit Question

Before the release of the new 64 bit client appears. The game in present status in 32 bit, 19.5 GB large in directory Program files (x86). The new version would be large and in what directory in Windows for 64 bit?

all freep comments how bout creeps? nothing on balance and lack there of on moors? as usual 20 years to rank up char's unlike any any other game. hello 1950, lets 40x40 and lag like it was the 30's cause dungeons, instances, moors all same server. dungeons lag as well. to many friends some from day 1 lotro started cant and will not play due to 1 reason "LAG" massive lag on servers moors should be on own dedicated server, dungeons should be on own dedicated server.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Producer’s Letter – February 2019 – A Look Ahead

Greetings!

My latest letter to you will focus on our goals for the upcoming year. This is slightly different than just discussing upcoming content and features, and I hope to give everyone a bit more insight into how we want to improve the game. So, while this does provide a road map for the year, the following letter focuses more on our goals for the game in 2019:

Story

First, our most important goal for the year is to continue to tell your ongoing story. We are excited to continue the Black Book of Mordor as it winds through Middle-earth and leads players to our next expansion. The tale will take us to the Vale of Anduin, where we will explore the history, important events, and secrets of that area. As the year continues, we will unveil more tales in the Vale, and then follow the story back towards Mordor to Minas Morgul itself. Among the many dangers you’ll face will be Shelob herself as you learn what she has been up to, and how she is influencing the future of Middle-earth.

Challenge

That leads us to our second goal for the year: continue to balance the challenge of the game. The question of game difficulty has split our players, with some expressing concern over the difficulty in Mordor, and others loving the increased challenge. While we wanted Mordor to be a scary place, we heard your feedback about how difficult the region could be. For the next expansion, our goal is to balance the main storyline with the rest of the game’s content, rather than stepping up in difficulty. The landscape and normal instances will not have the same increased difficulty that Mordor had.

Instead, We will be looking to introduce optional challenge into the game in some instanced content by extending Difficulty tiers up to four, or even higher. Players can test their skill with these higher instance tiers, and earn increased rewards.. We want some solo-, three-, six-, and twelve-character content to have extra tiers of difficulty: tier four, tier five, or even higher. This will allow players looking for more challenge to opt into it, while allowing players who are not interested in more difficulty to play through the story and not be forced to engage in that type of play.

64 Bit Client

We are testing our 64 bit Windows client, and updating our code so that environments it can make better use of graphics memory. This will allow the client to overcome some restrictions on how the world loads, how textures load, and how much we are able to use modern graphics cards. We hope to have a client in beta as early as March.

Class Balance

With the recent updates to Minstrel, and with an update to Burglar on the way, many classes will have received their initial balance pass. Although this is a good start, we want to continue to work on class balance with updates, bug fixes, and tweaks throughout the year. We will continue to base that balance work on your feedback in addition to our own internal testing, and we intend to improve this feedback process this year and beyond. We have plans for Rune Keeper and Captain, though our goal for the future is to be able to add small changes to several classes at a time, rather than implementing a large number of changes for a single class.

Crafting

One of our goals with the expansion is to add a robust update to Crafting, so players can make better use of the system at higher levels. We want players to craft exciting, fun, and powerful items. Although the system has been updated as players have leveled, we want to make Crafting changes that are even more significant and interesting, and give players a way to create better gear as a supplement to other content. We want players to have ways to interact with the Crafting system as they play through the content without making Crafting a requirement to play through the story.

Virtues

One of the things we have been looking into is an update to the Virtue system to make it more relevant. Rather than the current system where Deeds reward Virtue points directly, we will shift to a system where completing Deeds (and possibly other content) will award Virtue experience points. Players will be able to choose which Virtue advances, whether that Virtue is slotted or not. Characters with existing Virtue ranks will be converted to the new system with their Virtue level intact. Additionally, all Virtues will provide small passive benefits to your character, even if they are not slotted. These changes will allow players more choice when earning Virtue benefits.

Kinships

We are looking into more ways for Kinships to advance, and new rewards for Kins to earn as a group. We like the idea of small and large Kins advancing, earning cosmetic rewards for their housing, and allowing Kin leaders to occasionally activate buffs that benefit the entire Kinship. Activating these buffs would cost less for smaller guilds without compromising the value of maintaining large guilds if that is what players prefer.

Grouping

We want to provide a new Instance Grouping feature that resembles the existing Quest Grouping tab on the Social Panel. This feature will allow you to add up to five instances with class and level requirement criteria, and possibly others. Our goal is to replace the grouping functionality of the Instance Finder and lessen the need to send frequent LFF chat requests.

Legendary Server

Amidst all this, we want to make improvements to the game as the players on the Legendary servers march forward and we unlock new content on those servers. Players can expect to visit Moria in the near future, and we will continue to update the Legendary servers throughout the rest of the year.

We have a busy year ahead of us and we are excited to continue our journey with all of you. Thank you for reading, and thank you for playing The Lord of the Rings Online.

Sev~

@Cord

says you, your comments have no relevance in reguards to the letter hello! yours is all about flaming off others post

Ok. I just finished reading the entire thread with all of its comments.

I'm amazed (and amused) to see how folks care about end game and not content or the enjoyment of playing in a Tolkien universe.
    Are you playing the game to have fun or to be the best? Are you playing the game to enjoy the scenery (although dated TBH) or to be the first to reach the finish line? Do you even care about game immersion or you just want to be able to run and 'tell the guys' how awesome you were in that fight vs. that boss??

Some comment are unbelievable and for lack of better words I'd say childish at best. Grow up. It's a game. It is meant to be enjoyable. If you do not enjoy playing it for whatever reason please save yourself the time and stop playing it. To see folks play the game for years and still complain and bash and mash the game is a comedy show at its best. We all saw that very very viral YouTube of "Jimmy bit my finger". The little boy cry his finger was bitten and he keeps putting it back in where it hurts. Sounds familiar..?

Dear devs:
    I'm a fan of Tolkien. Some of my friends would even call me a "hardcore" fan of Tolkien's works. I enjoy lotro. It passes the time for me. It makes my imagination soar and roar. I love the opportunity to be able to set foot in this incredible universe. Some of the things done in this game I do not agree with, yes, but overall I gain so-much-more than what I loose. Thank you for this adventure that is taking place since pre-beta era around early 2006.

Asimon.

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    Ok. I just finished reading the entire thread with all of its comments.

I'm amazed (and amused) to see how folks care about end game and not content or the enjoyment of playing in a Tolkien universe.
    Are you playing the game to have fun or to be the best? Are you playing the game to enjoy the scenery (although dated TBH) or to be the first to reach the finish line? Do you even care about game immersion or you just want to be able to run and 'tell the guys' how awesome you were in that fight vs. that boss??

Some comment are unbelievable and for lack of better words I'd say childish at best. Grow up. It's a game. It is meant to be enjoyable. If you do not enjoy playing it for whatever reason please save yourself the time and stop playing it. To see folks play the game for years and still complain and bash and mash the game is a comedy show at its best. We all saw that very very viral YouTube of "Jimmy bit my finger". The little boy cry his finger was bitten and he keeps putting it back in where it hurts. Sounds familiar..?

Dear devs:
    I'm a fan of Tolkien. Some of my friends would even call me a "hardcore" fan of Tolkien's works. I enjoy lotro. It passes the time for me. It makes my imagination soar and roar. I love the opportunity to be able to set foot in this incredible universe. Some of the things done in this game I do not agree with, yes, but overall I gain so-much-more than what I loose. Thank you for this adventure that is taking place since pre-beta era around early 2006.

Asimon.

I agree with you in many of the things you said.The game have the open world that its beautiful from every point,the solo play content that i love every part of it and also the lore and the adventures that making you almost feel like you leave in that era.
    But the game also have end game content aka raids and group play at high tiers and there needed to be more balanced,so every class should fit in and feel useful especially for the 12 man raids.
    If this game was only group play i would be long gone for years cause i am mostly solo player but you need to group up if you want to play all the content,get the best gear and see everything that this game have to offer and there the game still needs a lot of improvements.So if one part of the game its not so enjoyable its not easy to decide to stop playing it.Have done it some times in the past tho by taking big breaks from freep side by playing only creep for couple of years and by stop playing at all after Mordors raid that was a disaster for my class but i always come back with the hope that my beloved class will be must or at least very useful for the end game content so i can enjoy that part of the game with my friends too.For now to be honest i dont enjoy it much but i keep trying and asking for my class the things to be more fair.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12